Site Slowness?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Site Slowness?

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I've had super slow response times for BTown for the past 3 days. I checked my bandwidth, cleared caches, etc. Nothing helps. It's slow from my phone as well. I don't have the long response times from other sites. Just checking to see if it's just me or are others having issues as well? It seems to be related to the https. Maybe the security certificate? The hang up usually shows "Establishing secure connection" down in the bottom bar of Chrome.

Thanks.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Site Slowness?

Post by pretre »

I haven't experienced anything like that. I'm using Firefox and Safari.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Tried with Firefox and I get something similar: "Performing a TLS handshake with www.bartertown.com"

I thought it might be because I work from home via VPN, but I get the same thing when I disconnect the VPN.

Tried with Safari and get the same lag, just no message.

Each page does eventually load, just after a 3~8 second delay. Man, we're spoiled these days if I'm complaining about 3 seconds. :D
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

You cursed me. Now it's taking a couple seconds to load each page.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm
You cursed me. Now it's taking a couple seconds to load each page.
Same...1st page was great.. then...no so much.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Maybe you are just noticing it now that I mentioned it?
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

YoungWolf777 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 pm
Maybe you are just noticing it now that I mentioned it?
Nope.. at 'peak' usage times, it's always slow.
Today, the 1st page was fast and then the rest...slow.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Odd. I haven't had issues, myself, at work or home... and I'm on at all hours of the day.

Like kturock says, though, peak usage times WILL cause some delays.
Any idea of approximate times you guys have been having these issues?

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

It's mostly during the workday. Right now things load immediately. (8:40 pm MST)
gamefusion ( 616 )
Millenium Trader

Post by gamefusion »

I've been seeing the same thing. Very slow in the morning for me... like 8 am through 11 am Eastern, and real slow in the afternoons, around 3 pm to 7 pm Eastern.
US Trades Only, please! International shipping is just getting too expensive.
The object of a game is to win. The point of a game is to have fun.
My trading rules:
1. Lower rating ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. Delivery confirmation is required on all US trades.
3. I will not mark an international package as a "gift". It's a felony, so please don't ask.

References owed to me by: noexit1982, paintballparkhurst, BrPrometheus, porkfriedricy, busby

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”