BACKOUT: xSoulgrinderx

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

voodoopainter ( 732 )
Journeyman Trader

BACKOUT: xSoulgrinderx

Post by voodoopainter »

Responded to Charles' ad and told him I was interested in purchasing his Ad Mech army for the listed price of 200.00. He immediately responded back with an answer to my question and informed me that if I made payment within 45 min the army was mine. I send the agreed amount via Paypal and informed him payment had been sent and provided my mailing address. Later today I received a full refund from Paypal and a PM from Charles stating that he refunded my money in order to sell the army to another buyer who was purchasing everything he currently had for sale- in other words, he got a more tempting offer. He was apologetic when I questioned him, however after some back-and-forth he refused to honor our original deal and basically sold miniatures that were no longer his to sell.

Re: H: Cheap Scions, Oruuks, and Mechancium W: $$$... and th
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 pm
You almost had me convinced you were sincere about your mistake until you chose not to fix the mistake. Neg ref and Backout/Deadbeat trader reports incoming. Good luck in the future, but please do not respond to any of my future ads and I will be sure to do the same.
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:20 pm
At this point I would be going against another trader and doing the same thing I just swore not to do ever again. I therefore have no choice but option B. If 125$ is the value of my reputation then it would seem I have already made my bed. Do as you feel you must.
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 pm
I appreciate your honesty, but I see 2 solutions to this problem:

1) Honor or original transaction and inform the other buyer you sold him items that were no longer for sale and refund the 200.00. I will immediately re-send payment at that point. At that point you can re-negotiate a deal for the remaining 2 armies with him.

OR

2) Honor the invalid purchase and receive neg feedback and a Deadbeat/Backout report from me.

Your choice
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:10 pm
Youre right, that is how things are normally handled, and I admit to the fault. In the 10 years ive been on here as well I have had it happen to me twice and should have never subjected it to another trader. I apologize sir. Out of hundreds of trades, this is the first and will be the last time that ever happens.
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm
I have been buying, trading and selling on Btown for 10 years and I can tell you that I have NEVER finalized a deal and accepted money only to back out when a better offer was received. It's irrelevant how quickly you refunded my money- a deal is a deal once money changes hands. Once payment was made the army was no longer available and any subsequent offers are for product which is no longer available. That's my understanding of how buying works- maybe I am wrong...
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 pm
I apologize, there were a lot of trades going on an communications and someone offered for everything in the whole lot. I hope you can understand mate, if youve sold on here lots then you probably know that its a rare event to backout, and i made the refunded payment as prompt as possible. I hope you understand :/
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Seriously???? I'm probably the easiest guy on Btown to deal with, but this is seriously messed up. Once payment is made the deal should be final. Pretty blatant trade back-out if you ask me...
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm
Hey, I am immediately refunding your payment. Another buyer has purchased everything in the entire post. Apologies.
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:38 pm
Payment sent!
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm
Cool man ill let you know once I get it.
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:33 pm
SOLD! Sending Paypal now.

Dave Brooks
3601 Alex Dr
Hillsborough, NC 27278
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:31 pm
No the paint is not sealed. If you can paypal me in the next 45 min its youre mate!.

benallen1024@q.com is my paypal if you want to reply with your address.
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm
I'll take the whole Ad Mech army if they are still available. Do you know if the paint is sealed? I was hoping to strip them or at least paint over them.
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:23 pm
No idea! They come with some other weapon options. I never played them and just selling for a friend. 75$ for all 4?
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:23 pm
No idea! They come with some other weapon options. I never played them and just selling for a friend. 75$ for all 4?
voodoopainter wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 pm
Interested in these- how are the chicken walkers armed? (btw, love your unit names!)

https://imgur.com/a/X2tKt
Mechanicum - 200$
1x Dunecrawler -
4x Chicken walkers -
10x Electro dudes? -
6x Kataphron Destroyers -
16x Sprinter dudes with ccw
Tons of NOS stuff. prolly 5-10 more sprinter dudes.
[/quote]
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BACKOUT: xSoulgrinderx

Post by MagickalMemories »

For whatever it's worth, I just wanted to chime in with my $.02.

First and foremost: You're well within your rights to post this backout, and I do NOT fault you for it.

That said:
xSoulgrinderx wrote:Youre right, that is how things are normally handled, and I admit to the fault. In the 10 years ive been on here as well I have had it happen to me twice and should have never subjected it to another trader. I apologize sir. Out of hundreds of trades, this is the first and will be the last time that ever happens.
I've got to give him respect here for saying, "Hey. I F'ed up and I know it. I shouldn't have done it and I apologize."
At least the man knows and is willing to admit when he screws up. Far better than many traders I've seen over the years.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
xSoulgrinderx ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by xSoulgrinderx »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 pm
For whatever it's worth, I just wanted to chime in with my $.02.

First and foremost: You're well within your rights to post this backout, and I do NOT fault you for it.

That said:
xSoulgrinderx wrote:Youre right, that is how things are normally handled, and I admit to the fault. In the 10 years ive been on here as well I have had it happen to me twice and should have never subjected it to another trader. I apologize sir. Out of hundreds of trades, this is the first and will be the last time that ever happens.
I've got to give him respect here for saying, "Hey. I F'ed up and I know it. I shouldn't have done it and I apologize."
At least the man knows and is willing to admit when he screws up. Far better than many traders I've seen over the years.

Eric

Thank you for standing up for me.

Here was my reply to him, acknowledging I was owning up to this mistake.
xSoulgrinderx wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 pm
Okay? I genuinely was apologizing. But if you want to be vindictive and spiteful, go ahead and dish out your internet justice. Just know you threw an actual apology back into someones face when you didnt get what you want.

You literally presented me with no choice A or B sir, I hope you realize that, so by saying 'by choosing not to fix the mistake" I am actually avoiding another one by not doing the same thing to another buyer. Think about it.

Ill be glad to steer clear.
voodoopainter ( 732 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by voodoopainter »

Eric,

I really did struggle with this one. On the one hand he admitted his mistake and was apologetic and very professional, but on the other hand he refused to even TRY to fix the mistake. I've actually had this happen to me before and explained the situation to the newer buyer- he understood and I was able to keep my original agreement and everybody ended up happy in the end. What got me was the fact that Charles didn't even TRY- he just apologized and that was the extent of it. Again, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I would rather trade with an honest trader than a nice trader.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”