BTR theblessing8386 - RESOLVED

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

OomieCrusha ( 88 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR theblessing8386 - RESOLVED

Post by OomieCrusha »

By this point, I may have missed my opportunity, but I've been struggling with injuries from a car accident. Complaints have been filed with the FTC and USPS, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Working around the stress to get this up here has been rough. Thankfully, this is finally up. Even if it's too late, at least I can say I tried.

Sent: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:48 am
To: OomieCrusha
theblessing8386 wrote:I have 4 necron lords (all metal, 2 oop model, 1 limited edition one that only came in the starter set, and 1 current with scythe and res orb) as well as a destroyer lord and a squad of oop metal warriors.

for:

DV Chosen (Unassembled)
Land Raider (NIB)
DV Chaos Lord
Subject: H: BFG, Lots of 40K & WHFB / AoS, HvyGr, Inf W: $,40K,Inf
Sent: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:38 pm
by OomieCrusha
Sorry for the delay, I forgot to pay my internet bill, and then I got sick. Fun fun. If you're still interested, what condition is all of your stuff in?
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 am
To: OomieCrusha
theblessing8386 wrote:Het there. Sense you have been gone I traded the destroyer lord. I have the rest though. What could you offer for them?
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 am
by theblessing8386
Het there. Sense you have been gone I traded the destroyer lord. I have the rest though. What could you offer for them?
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 pm
by OomieCrusha
That sucks, but such is life. What condition are they in? While cleaning, a couple more chaos units were found. Here's an updated listing along with pictures of most. I'd be open to filling things out with PayPal, or if there's anything else you have that you think I might be interested in.

Chaos Space Marines pictures
Obliterators (finecast – NIB)
Land Raider (NIB)
Sorcerer (finecast – NIB)
Terminator Lord (NOS)
Rhino (NIB)
FW Deathguard Upgrade Pack
Warpsmith (finecast – NOS)
Chaos Cultists (NOS), x4 (set of 5)
DV Chosen (unassembled)
DV Cultists with close combat weapons (unassembled)
DV Cultists with close ranged weapons (unassembled)
DV Helbrute (unassembled
DV Chaos Lord (assembled)
DV Chosen (assembled)
DV Cultists with close combat weapons (assembled)
DV Cultists with close ranged weapons (assembled)
DV Helbrute (assembled)
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:23 pm
by theblessing8386
5 oop warriors are metal and painted to a okay standard
1 current lord (with orb metal) is primed white only
2 oop metal lords (one is still in the blister and the other is painted to a okay standard
1 limited edition lord is painted to an okay standard (he's metal too of course)

I guess the easiest way to do this is to list what I like from your list the most to worst and see what you will offer me lol?
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:30 pm
by theblessing8386
[/quote]Rhino (NIB)
DV Chosen (assembled)
DV Chosen (assembled)
Land Raider (NIB)
DV Chosen (unassembled)
DV Cultists with close combat weapons (unassembled)
DV Cultists with close ranged weapons (unassembled)
DV Cultists with close combat weapons (assembled)
DV Cultists with close ranged weapons (assembled)

is what I am interested in in order of most to least.[/quote]

Sent: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:21 pm
by theblessing8386
So, what from the list are you willing to offer me for them?
Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:23 pm
by OomieCrusha
Crap. I thought I replied to you. I'm currently out upholstering part of the set for a play, but I'll try and find my notes when I get home tonight. While we wait, what were you thinking?
Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:44 pm
by theblessing8386
[/quote]Np man. I have no idea. A quick offer would be this?
Rhino (NIB)
DV Chosen (assembled)
DV Chosen (assembled)

for them?

2 oop metal lords (one is still in the blister and the other is painted to a okay standard
1 limited edition lord is painted to an okay standard (he's metal too of course)[/quote]

Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:55 pm
by theblessing8386
and if you are feeling generous then the LR too ha ha
Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:19 pm
by theblessing8386
Any news brother man?
Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:22 pm
by OomieCrusha
Just got home. Really wishing I had been more on my game; I could have gotten a much better deal. :lol: Give me a minute to settle in.
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:14 am
by OomieCrusha
Would you do:
Rhino (NIB)
DV Chosen (assembled)

for:
1 limited edition lord is painted to an okay standard (he's metal too of course)

since the destroyer lord is no longer on the table?

Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:23 am
by theblessing8386
Yeah he's gone. Im good with that deal. What's your address? I'll mail tomorrow
Mines
Chris Bailey
312 Riverview ave
Quincy il 62301
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 pm
by OomieCrusha
Daniel Toner
159 Merrimac St
Buffalo, NY 14214
I can get mine out tomorrow as well.

Sent: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:57 am
by theblessing8386
I got them out for you today! I have tracking if you need it
Sent: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 pm
by theblessing8386
Have you shipped yet?
Sent: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:48 pm
by OomieCrusha
Sorry. I've been really sick. Tuesday I spent the whole day inside. Wednesday I tried to venture out and get some things mailed, but because my head was in a fog I forgot that everything was closed due to Veterans Day. Everything went out today via USPS. The tracking number is 9405509699937058985655.
Sent: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 pm
by OomieCrusha
Hello,
Your package arrived today. It gave me a bit of a surprise when I opened it. Due to lack of packing materials, everything was all over the place and some of the pieces had popped apart in transit. Most surprisingly were the condition of the metal lord with the rez orb and the ltd ed lord. They were repeatedly marketed as just needing a little Simple Green (or your favorite miniature stripping agent) to restore them to a relatively like new condition; however when someone was prepping them for their new bases, that person snapped off the tabs at the bottoms of the models. Also, to get the ltd ed on his base, his one ankle got torqued pretty good and I'm nervous about bending it back without breaking it off. As far as I'm concerned, the ltd ed one is irreparably broken and of no value to me, while the other one is very discouraging.

I usually push for pictures, but between your reputation and how emphatic you were about a simple cleaning fixing all of their ails, I trusted you and now feel horribly burned. Not sure how you want to proceed. I'm tempted to ask to have this whole thing reversed, but then I'd be out $12 in shipping over a miscommunication.

Please let me know what you think.
Sent: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:49 pm
by theblessing8386
I have never had anyone complain about the bottoms being taken off of a model. If they are not directly on the base then most people snip them off so they can base them. As for the limited edition lord I didn't see a problem with him whatsoever before shipping, but to say a model is worthless due to an ankle being broke seems a bit much. Im sorry if the post office damaged any product while it was shipped. I have no idea what you want to do here as the models were sent as described.
Sent: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:11 am
by OomieCrusha
Actually, *most* people don't clip the tabs off - it takes too much effort when they're just going to be stuck in a slotta base, painted and flocked.
I have met a number of people who are sticklers about the condition of their minis. Some of them are bigger sticklers of the condition than I am.
The post office didn't damage anything during shipping. Your complete lack of packaging is what caused things to come apart.
Things were not sent as described. You led me to believe that a simple stripping would return them to a relatively like new condition. While they may be Necrons, they lack the reanimation protocols necessary to regenerate real world damage.
I have absolutely no desire to retain these models. When it arrives, please mark my package as "Return to sender" and send me a return mailing label so I may have nothing more to ever do with you again.
Sent: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:53 am
by theblessing8386
I listed them as they. If you want a return then I'd like return shipping payment. If you'd prefer I pay for your shipping originally to make ends meet on our deal then I will do that for you instead of shipping models back. (8 bucks). If so, send me your PayPal. Otherwise I don't agree with a return shipping deal unless my shipping refunded as your canceling on the deal. I could have been upset at your slow communication or tardyness of sending the models at all but I try not to nitpick in deals. It seems this was a one-way street in this deal.
Sent: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 am
To: theblessing8386
You're upset that I was slow in communication despite the fact that my signature explicitly states that I can be bad with communication due to an unmentioned car accident a few years ago. You're also upset that I was sick and was virtually bed ridden. Despite feeling like crap, I still tried to make it to the post office the next day only to find out that it was closed due to Veterans Day, but my brain was in to much of a fog to remember that despite mentioning that other public offices would be closes. Your models were listed as painted, not missing pieces. Are you really listening to the words coming out of your mouth?

I'm calling a mod in on this.
Due to being burned a couple times and compliance with PayPal's ToS, I always do PayPal "goods and services" and assume that the price quote takes that into account (and as PayPal dictates). Also, I can be a little scatter brained sometimes. If you think I've forgotten to respond to you or leave feedback, please feel free to send me a friendly reminder. Happy trading.
OomieCrusha ( 88 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR theblessing8386

Post by OomieCrusha »

I forgot to include the pictures.
Due to being burned a couple times and compliance with PayPal's ToS, I always do PayPal "goods and services" and assume that the price quote takes that into account (and as PayPal dictates). Also, I can be a little scatter brained sometimes. If you think I've forgotten to respond to you or leave feedback, please feel free to send me a friendly reminder. Happy trading.
Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Forsaken Poptart »

I'm just curious- your last message is dated 11/15/15, wherein you say you're going to speak to a moderator. Why did you wait until May of 2016 to post this?
Do I owe you a trade ref? Remind me- sometimes I forget!
Awaiting trade refs from: tristym, yazaran

If you don't have your Location listed, take a second and update it!

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.
-Lower rating? You ship/pay first. Same goes for me.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I remember speaking with OomieCrusha quite some time ago (back in November actually so I am most likely the moderator he is speaking of). Due to reasons he really doesn't need to make public, it would seem he has been unable to complete the BTR until now (He also PM'd me in February so I know he hasn't just forgotten about it).

Now, at this point in time I am not sure anything will actually be resolved though.

We shall see I guess.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by theblessing8386 »

I gave him a chance to return them, at my cost, and also another avenue to resolve the deal. To both of which he delcined. Its literaly almost been three years and this is opened? I'm upset a mod even entertained the request for a bt report with the messages in light and the time frame.
If it means im banned then so be it but i will not attempt to resolve this any further.
My offers will be in my favor, as I am trying to get a deal. I don't think a lot of people understand this site so I will say how I feel about it myself. If I make a offer, and you don't counter offer, you are not Bartering.
I also have a retailer that gives me 35% off at all times. If you are trying to sell me used, please do so at at least 50% off.
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Also, after viewing the pics as i didnt even remember this deal, everything was assembeled without any breaking before shipping. The usps is hard on packages and almost every trade i have done (last four included) have had breakage when shipping. It happens. But like i said, i offered a way out if he was that upset but he just ran off. Best of luck to you.
My offers will be in my favor, as I am trying to get a deal. I don't think a lot of people understand this site so I will say how I feel about it myself. If I make a offer, and you don't counter offer, you are not Bartering.
I also have a retailer that gives me 35% off at all times. If you are trying to sell me used, please do so at at least 50% off.
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

"If something unexpected happens, like a family emergency or unexpected deployment, it is the responsibility of the person in question to let the other party know what's happened within a reasonable time frame"
From the rules. Not 3 years later...
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

This BTR was opened last year in May 2016. So you have had an entire year+ to resolve this. The trade was from October to Novemeber 2015. By your trade references, you haven't done any trades since around the time this trade happened, only picking up again this year.

BTR's are forever here until it is resolved.

Don't be upset a mod (me, as we can clearly see from this report) entertained the request of a BTR (that was valid) last year, 5 months after the deal went down (which he proved a valid, medical reason as to why it took so long, after first contacting me in November, and again in February -I also have the entire PM string between me and him still-). This was between you and him, not the decision I made originally.

Are you stating you refuse to work with the OP to resolve this?
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

I am saying that i offered a way for the situation to be resolved , two in fact, and he refused. I've done repeated sales/trades from this instance and haven't had a issue until randomly deemed unappropriate for a 2 to 3 year instance.
Plus how am i supposed to make amends after the original poster declined my offer and i no longer have such items that were part of the deal?
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

I no longer have the messages but i'm also fairly positive that i replied and again asked if the models would be returned that id send his back.. To which he never replied.
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

And while he explained his absence to you, i never heard anything more of this issue until at the least the trader report was filed at the least (although i never got a message then notifying me of the issue. I have done multiple deals sense this time and had no issue of my posts being blocked)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

A site Mod (who was thought highly enough of to have been made an Admin during the time between the initial posting and today) made the decision to allow the BTR to be posted. He presented his reasoning to multiple site Admins, all of whom agreed with his assessment.

The propriety of this BTR is not question as far as Bartertown is concerned... which is the only opinion that matters in that regard.

You claim that you offered multiple options to resolve this situation, but NONE of them were acceptable to the person who was wronged in the trade. You claimed that your models were in a condition that they were not. You did not mention the alterations you made to the tabs. You packed the models in an insufficient manner, which led to breakage. Don't blame the USPS. I ship assembled and even professionally painted models all the time. I cannot even recall the last time there was an issue with fragile models even coming unglued, much less breaking. All of these problems are on you and you alone.

Granted, you may not have the initial models he traded you. He may not even have these Necrons any longer. That might make this a BTR that cannot be resolved. So be it. That does not change the validity of the BTR.

Oh, and it's "literally" been almost TWO years since this was opened, not three.

You stated:
If it means im banned then so be it but i will not attempt to resolve this any further.
Are you still standing by this statement; Because your error is about 2 years old, you're unwilling to make right on it no matter the consequences?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

What would nake it right then?
theblessing8386 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Make*

As i no longer have the said mention models.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I've reached out to the OP and asked him to revisit this thread.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”