Clark Bates aka Clark@theXoan.com

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Clark Bates aka Clark@theXoan.com

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

I met Clark Bates via Bartertown. I was looking for a painter. His work looked like what I was looking for. When following my instructions, he mistakenly thought both armored trains were to be painted camouflaged. He offered to make good his error by repainting. He also offered to do the same when I found he did not match the color I was looking for in the camouflage scheme. In short, he seemed to be someone who you wanted to stick with. I don't switch quickly.

After I did not hear from in several months, he told me that he was forced to take a job that would leave him only one day to paint. I said that would be fine and we could extend the deadlines, which I might add were not clearly defined. I wanted the figures painted!

In or about April 2014, I said that I wanted them painted in two months and would extend the time if there was progress. I e-mailed him several times. His responses were sporadic and not timely. As he had offered to return my miniatures, I was not too concerned, then.

In July, maybe June, I found my e-mails returned, as being unable to contact by mail. Does anyone else have contact with Clark Bates? As too much time has elapsed, I would like my figures returned.

I do not feel comfortable posting this. However, if I receive my miniatures back, I will gladly retract this.

PS Below is only a portion of my e-mail correspondence.

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:37 PM
To: Schoenberger, Stuart
Subject: RE: FW: RE:

Hi again, I got some more miniatures in today, and I just want to make sure these are yours. You are the only one scheduled to send me any Peter Pig at this moment. Here is what I got in.

Range 5
Package 31 x2
Package 32 x2
Package 39 x4
Package 40 x2
Package 82 x2

Range 16
Package 61 x3

Range 21
Package 12 x2
Package 13 x2
Package 14
Package 15
no package number but it is a Russian Church

If this is correct please let me know other wise I will wait for another to send me a message saying they sent me some miniatures. lol

Thanks
Clark

--------- Original Message ---------
Date: 6/10/13 5:12 am
To: "clark@thexoan.com" <clark@thexoan.com>

Great video, but obviously it was inaccurate. There were no shoelaces and how do you know about the colors?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 8:10 AM

that sounds great thanks on the instruction and and guides.

Date: 6/10/13 4:54 am

I am sending instructions and guides, so there is no rush on my end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:27 AM

I wanted to show something I have been doing over the last few weeks, which is part of the reason I have not started on your project yet

http://miniaturesampd.wordpress.com/201 ... ver-titan/
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Clark Bates aka Clark@theXoan.com

Post by MagickalMemories »

Per Bartertown rules, ALL communications (PM and email) must be posted for a BTR to be legitimate. Please, update the report.
Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Re: Clark Bates aka Clark@theXoan.com w/ all the corresponde

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:10 PM
To: clark@thexoan.com
Subject: RE:

How are you? What have you decided to do?

Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:52 AM
Cc: Schoenberger, Stuart

Hi. You informed me that you have a brief window. One day a week. If you can start or complete them by September, I will be happy. If you cannot, kindly return them to me at: Stuart Schoenberger, 63-84 Saunders Street, 2J, Rego Park, NY 11374-3102.

Have you ever worked with plastic models? I am considering modifying or altering plastic models, in particular buildings into Stalingrad type ruins. How would you go about doing it safely?

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:54 PM
Subject: RE: I can still get to them if you or I can send them back as they like I said before. I do have a brief window as I tried to a lateral move to a non-hourly job, but complications made it so I could not keep it. My employer felt some of my training time was observational and as a non-hourly was not going to pay me for it and I thought it was time for me to continue looking. lol However, where I was, as filled already. This means I am looking for a new 2nd job currently and have a little time if you want to consider that route.

If not no problem, I just need the address you want them shipped to, and I will get them out asap.

Thanks for your understanding
Clark

Date: 4/11/14 1:03 pm

Clark,

I understand, really. I was somewhat concerned when you did not reply. I was under the impression you left with me that your life was changing and that you were quite sick. All serious things in my book.

Yes, you are good in my book. Hope to hear from you from time to time even if you are not actually working on my men.

Stuart

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:33 PM
Hi,

I am sorry for the slow response, and I have not been able to work much on your guys lately. I am really sorry about that, and I understand if you want them back as they are. If that is the case I will not charge you for the work I have done, as it has not been 100% what you were wanting or at the speed I promised. If you want me to continue to paint them for you, I will but as I am working two jobs (45 hours a week) the only day I can paint at all is Saturday currently.

Thanks for understanding
Clark

Date: 3/5/14 12:54 pm
I will be at Cold Wars, Lancaster Host. Will you be there? Hope to hear good things about you, regardless. I am not pushing about my figures… Just concerned when someone goes off the grid.

Stuart

Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:51 PM

Hello and sorry for the slow responses to your emails. I have had some personal delays in my life that has affected my painting service in general. I am not taking any new orders at this time, and I am finishing up what I currently have.

I did a check on your miniatures, we are still good on what you have sent me, and I am going to start posting more pictures of what I have done and work toward the exact colors you are looking for. To recap, I have painted the rest of the tank and trains to match what I have done so far, and I am going to tint the off white to a more yellow. I want to take that in stages so I do not get too bright, then I will dirty them up so they look like they have dirt, rust, and oil stains on them to scale and in the locations that we would expect them to be.

Once we agree these are the way you want them, than I will start on the troops themselves.

Thanks, and sorry again
Clark

Date: 11/22/13 7:20 am
How are you feeling now? Do I need to do anything more to start the ball rolling from my end? Not pushing, I realize that our lives have a way of setting its own priorities.

Stuart

Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:14 PM
Thanks for checking back in with me, I have been rather ill the last few weeks, and I feel bad I have not kept up with you more. I am feeling better, and I have still been painting. My thoughts were to paint the rest of the tanks like I had the train, and then adjust the colors you did not like like the off white to a more yellow color. If I do them all the same they all will look like the same lot in the end though it might be more work. With yellow particularly what color is under it makes a huge difference to the final color.

I will get some pictures up in the next day or so, I need to get some more light bulbs, it seems I left two on while I was sick and they burnt out, and I use special lights so the color is more true.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 9/25/13 6:57 am
To: "'clark@thexoan.com'" <clark@thexoan.com>
I finally was able to look at the Flames of War paints.

The best one for the White Tanks/Vehicles are the Early Polish and Early French.

The best one for the Red Tanks/Vehicles are the Late Russian green (for vehicles).

Hope is all well with you.

Stuart

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:25 PM

I merely used term google for searching the web. How one gets into the area is matter of search engine, but from there is an art and patience.

Half the tanks and cars will be the Soviet Russian green, somewhat like the third, but no camouflage schemes. Rust, washes, drybrushes, etc.

The other half I would like to look at British as well, before I finalize my comments. We are talking about the Whites, who were obtaining/buying their arms from the British, Germans, etc. We are talking about the national armies of the Poles, Baltic States. Here uniformity is not a virtue! Maybe the same scheme for 2 tanks and 2 armored cars, or only 2 tanks, another for 2 cars. Here we can have fun. Look at the article on armored cars I mailed.

The flags are rather small. Perhaps 20mm flags. Look for wargame flags for 15mm to get an idea of size. I know there are some periods in which the flags were oversized, but I do not want the flags to dominate the trains (only to enhance).

If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, delete it without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender the sender of the error.

More later…

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:06 PM

I will make the light tan thinner than it currently is.

I will also make sure to drill those holes for the flags. What size do you want those, I can go as small as 1/32 if you want or as big as you need.

As far as google goes I find it a poor tool to send someone out to if you are looking for something very specific. I put in a search for WWi German Tanks and found 3 very different colors and patterens...

this has more yellow
http://www.deviantart.com/art/German-ta ... -199093463

This is more of a tan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... V-Tank.jpg

This is more of a two color theme
http://www.magictoybox-online.co.uk/aca ... m5003.html

...The same could be said if I looked up WWI British tanks too. When trying to match something it can be very hard. That being said I found the paints that that article was using, and if you want to order these paints, I can as well as the other colors for the different armies. I believe that is the only way to be sure that I am using the exact brown or yellow that you are looking for.

The likely paint set
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... rt_id=2180

Here is where I could buy that set
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/flames-of ... t_258.html

I am having a problem find it for sale on US sites, but I will look for it harder later today.

If this is something you want me to do that is cool, I just will need some more time to get all these colors in. I will cover the cost of these new paints, and the color correction on the tanks is less than you think, it will be just a refurbishment.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 8/13/13 7:19 am
1. The pictures from the magazine article I sent were intended as our painting guide. Balance is the point. The white tan in some areas is overwhelming, the predominant color. Expand (as you see fit) in areas the brown and green so that it covers more area, and leaves the white thinner, though it may cut the white in half in areas. Some areas it would look probably better to keep the white as longer strips, but thinner.
2. Do not forget to drill two locations in the front for flags. (see article)
3. As for the tanks, let us not use this camouflage scheme. I envisioned as provided by the magazine a stronger yellowish (stronger than Desert African) tan. Could you google some either WW1 German or British armored camouflage schemes for the other half?
Stuart

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:50 AM

Hi, Stuart, I have done some more work on the models, and I went back and reread the note you wrote. You are correct you did sa that you wanted half of the tanks and the train that green, and the rest in camo. I am sorry about that.

The white/yellow you are seeing there is really a super light tan that is more of an off white. I see that you are requesting less of that color, and I want to ask how you want less of it? Do you want me to expand the brown and green so that it covers more area, and leaves he white shorter and cut in half in areas, or are you wanting me to make the white narrower so it is thinner but goes the same distance?

I have added some washes, but I did not want to take too big of a step at one time, so I took a picture of the models in the box they came in. This also shows you what I got number wise.by the size of the box itself.

I am going to do the two different types of tanks you sent me did you want them half in camo and half in that green like you said or since the trains are all in camo now do you want them all in camo?

Thanks
Clark

Date: 8/9/13 8:59 am
Dear Clark,

It works for me 100%. Again less of the white (or is it a yellow?) on the engines. I thought that I purchased and sent you more flat cars or cars with sidings, no?

Please note need to check instructions twice. Somewhere I thought I had asked for the one half the models only in combat green. Leave it as it is, now.

This is the way I like to handle most matters- comments with room for flexibility and suggestions from the painter.

Stuart

If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, delete it without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender the sender of the error.

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 11:50 AM

I totally understand, I just wanted to give you a look as they are clean. As soon as I start adding washes to dirty it up, it will chance a lot of the feel. I also feel it brings out the details though,

I was thinking a heavy oil and rust style wash on the wheels with clean areas showing wear and tear, an oiled wash over the guns, and a light dirt wash over the details on the train itself.

Let me know what you are thinking on this,
Clark

PS. I am not sure you can see it due to the lights, but there is some highlighting on the raised edges.
Date: 8/9/13 7:34 am
Hmmm. They’re good, rather nice, possibly a little more basic than I was originally envisioning. I was trying to my finger on why I felt that way. Perhaps, it is because there are very few patterns and the white ones are dominating, as they are very wide and tall. This is more true of the 1st picture with the engine, coal car, etc., not the turret cars. Also, there is no wash, dry brushing, too clean for a train, no?

What do you think?

Stuart

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 9:55 AM

Hi Stuart I I just wanted to see what you thought of these a I have them now.

Date: 7/15/13 6:16 am
Yup!

Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:56 PM
Ok I got some more instructions in the mail today from you, and I got a box of more troops from another that said they were your miniatures.

Clark

Subject: FW: RE:
Date: 6/6/13 3:20 pm
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:20 PM
Subject: RE: RE:

Please do on the packages….

Stuart

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:34 AM

Can you scan me a few? I do not have access to You Tube, etc.

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:07 PM
Yes I have those miniatures, it was 6 very nicely organized ziplock bags with name and model counts on them. I can detail those out if you want more if you like. The miniatures look to be in good shape, and I have my own bag of golf tees wanting to put them on so I can paint them without touching the model once it is primed and until it is sealed at the end.

I have been working on a model called a Reaver Titan, and it has taken much longer than I first thought to finish it. I am at about 120 hours so far, and I have just a few minor things left to do. lol It is a 900 dollar miniature though that weighs nearly 15lbs, so a lot of that time was care to not mess anything up.

I should have pictures on my blog tomorrow though if you want to look at it.

Thanks
Clark

<Date: 6/4/13 2:21 pm
I presume, you have the figures from Hal Thinglum.

Stuart

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:20 PM

Ok great, I will let you know when I get them.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 6/4/13 1:00 pm
To: "Schoenberger, Stuart" <schoenbergers@hra.nyc.gov>
Cc: "clark@thexoan.com" <clark@thexoan.com>
I have sent out today the armored trains, tanks, … for RCW. Painting guides and instructions (not the same) are forthcoming.

Stuart

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:29 AM
To: clark@thexoan.com; Hal Thinglum

Hal, see below.

I think, this will work well. It was sort of what I was looking for. If one rigidly defines ones expectations one may or may get what one wants, but not what one may need. Flexibility is a virtue...

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:54 PM
Oh yeah that is no problem, the YouTube and blog thing is extra stuff I do when I get the chance, the real updates come via emails. I was just saying that I need to do a better job of explaining what everything means to people who may not know, you seem to have a pretty good idea, but many people do not have even basic knowledge.

...Having a play list with key videos that explain different aspects of my business to clients is what I was talking about. That isn't part of the work you having done, but I thought I would share that is where I plan do in the future. It might not be a good fit for everyone, but it might be a great fit for some...

What I normally do is start an album for this project, and where I upload a lot of pictures as I go, and you can access from anywhere as long as you have that link. I think link those pictures and talk about them in emails with you, and if you do not like them I make changes as needed.

Thanks again
Clark
PS. Please use a tracking number when you ship so I can expect its arrival thanks.

Date: 5/22/13 11:41 am
We will have to do something other than U Tube. Yes, I do expect to see works in progress and before payment/final approval.

Stuart .

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:19 PM

Thank you for the input, knowing how others take what I am saying is very important. I am trying to build a visual reference part to my business. I find that people want to see what it looks like when I literally do it, and not something that I show of other people's work. so it is taking time to build. My thoughts are since I have a YouTube channel to briefly explain each painting method I do in words that I use with my clients when talking about their armies, and to break down the differences in painting levels in a visual way. I would then create a playlist on my channel that is public, and I would share it when I am contacting clients and they want to know what I do.

Here is my address, sorry I did not add that to the last email.

Clark Bates
309 Nelson St
Garden City, KS 67846

Thanks again
Clark
Date: 5/22/13 6:16 am
Three suggestions:
1. Drop the heh, and add something else like hmmmmm.
2. Please provide the address.
3. Look for pictures to assist in any model and instructions or details from the client.

Stuart

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:53 PM

I can totally appreciated what you have said, and I am willing to work with a price that might flex one way or another, and keep you in the loop with my thoughts. I am not new to painting, but I have not painted very many models of this kind, so I am basing my prices totally on educated guesses. While I have painted several 25 mm historicals with Viking Saga and some Romans, I have not painted much in the way of 15mm stuff.

Part of starting to paint something new though is accepting that you might under bid your time, and it will workout to take more time than you expect. I am currently finding that out with a Reaver Titan from Forgeworld.com. The model stands 16 inches tall, and has a ton of details. I figured 60 hours of labor between assembly and painting, but I am at 75 hours now, and I am 40% through the painting. lol I view this as part of my process to knowing my business better. Also there was no instructions, it is a 167 pieces, and this was the first time I ever built one of these, so it will go faster next time. However, I never want it to cost you more than it should, that is not something you should have to accept. heh

What I will do is do these on their own, so I can follow the time, and what not then go from there. I will give you the details on how much time and how hard it was to do, and then we can find a good value for that. I normally figure myself at a lower value on newer things because you should never have to pay for my learning that cost is on me. I have found that the second time I do something it is normally 30% faster than the first.

About you wanting to look to the long term, I am totally with you on that. While I might stubble from time to time, like I did on this project, people often times come back to me. I would like to believe it is because I try to be as honest as I can, even when it is not the easy path, and that I work on keeping good communication with each of my clients both written and with update pictures.

Thanks again
Clark Bates

Date: 5/21/13 12:27 pm
We have more or less a basic understanding:

The tracks are at a higher price than I would wish. My suggestion, do one or two. See how much work is actually required.

The 15mm AWI figures will be at TT+. But no eyes, please. The Train at TT+. The trains are possibly at a lower price than be considered reasonable. My suggestion, do one or two. See how much work is actually required. If it is fair, then we will stick with the price.

I like a bargain as much as anyone, but I value my relationships more. If you or I hate the relationship, then there is no value. I am looking to the long term, not bargains in the short term. I want to treasure the work received.

Please send your address again.

Stuart

Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Ok sorry about the confusion so far. I am working on a way to streamline this part of the process with a PDF file that I can send via emails that lets you input all of the models, the painting levels, and if there is any other work that needs to be done with a proper not section... However, coding a PDF in Excel is not something I am greatly skilled at, so the process is long, and a lot of mistakes have been made so far. heh I am better at painting than I am creating that.

I have printed out and read all of your email so far so I can better understand them, and here is where we are I believe...

* Ok all of these miniatures are 15mm, which means the prices I quoted you prior will not mean anything unless you have other things that need paint. :)

* With 15mm miniatures I have fewer levels as they are far harder to paint, and the difference between them becomes even harder to see, and here is the prices for them.

Table Top or TT is as many colors as the model normally has and the larger details are picked out, no eyes or buckles are picked out at this level for 15mm. These are .75 cents each without assembly and basing.

The Above Table Top or TT+ level is like the above but more details are picked out, and buckles and eyes are picked out as well as pretty much all of the details of that size. These are 1.50 dollars each without assembly and basing.

I still welcome pictures for reference of course, and any input on what you are thinking theme wise.

On the Train, I would say you are looking for a TT+ level with the details you are wanting, and the track pieces you are looking at a TT level. With that in mind I think the price for those would be 10 dollars for the train engine and 7.50 per car after that since they have fewer details, and 3.00 per 1 ft section of track. Junctions and what not with special lighting would be extra if that is the case in any of these.

Thanks for everything so far.
Clark

Date: 5/10/13 1:17 pm
The track and platform are resin. Here a black or gray primer may be the best approach as opposed to my general preference for white....

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Ok I have gone to this website, and I see there are a couple on this site. They look to be the same size really which is 15mm, so we are good that way, and we can worry about the colors used a little later. Again with the tracks if they are meant to fit that train, it all depends on whether or not they are based or just wood and steel. Wood and Steel is very simple, and would cost very little, the stone and what not that it might have is a little more, but neither are a lot imo.

The main difference is if these are 15mm or 25mm miniatures...

1) Prussian Musketeers (3-3-4-38 w/3 pioneers = 51)
(4-3-4-39 w/2 pioneers = 52) (3-3-4-41 = 51)
2) Prussian Grenadiers (4-3-3-40 = 50)
3) British Highlanders AWI (3-3-3-45 = 54)
4) AWI Continental Mortars )6 mortars w/24 crew in 3 poses)

...As you can imagine there is a huge difference between Flames of War style 15mm miniatures and 25mm histoicals. When saw the train size I thought it might all be 15mm, so I wanted to clarify is all. What I can do is give you a price based on the 25mm, and then we can work out what pieces are at different sizes from there and how many total we have. I want to also let you know that for every 125 dollars you spend I will up grade a man sized miniature so a 25mm in this case from the table top level to the Studio Quality level for free. That is something really nice for special models or command units for example.

Price quote for 25mm miniatures
3Up is 2.00 to 3.50 per miniature
Table Top is 4.50 to 6.50 per miniature
Above Table Top is 7.00 to 9.00 per miniature
Studio Quality is 10.00 to 12.25 per miniature

With 230 ish and 6 mortars if I understand that correctly it is going to be a stunning board to look at when they are all spread out across the board. If how much it costs is an issue, I would suggest getting the bulk of the army done to what you think is your minimum level, and the special units and command units done to a higher standard. You might also pick out the standard bearers to be painted to a higher level so they stand out as well.

Thanks again
Clark

Date: 5/10/13 10:40 am
I would send a copy of the pictures from Wargames Illustrated covering the desired 25mm paint scheme. In the interim you can go to Peter Pig where they show a picture of the painted 15mm RCW train in question. The tracks come from a different company altogether.

The AWI is 15mm Frontier (as opposed to Old Glory, Stone Mountain, etc.).
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:14 PM

Hello Stuart, sorry for the delay.

I have had a lot going on, but I wanted to get back to you asap.

I have another clarification that I came across, the train is 15mm, but the at least some of the other miniatures look to be more 28mm is that correct or am I looking at the wrong version of the miniatures. Could you provide me a link to the item as it is sold so I can look at the details that way please.

Thanks again
Clark

Date: 5/6/13 3:26 pm
No problem, this is how I too like to start a relationship because any commission, small or big, is just that. I will not assume that you understand me, or visa-versa. Language is as much a tool of communication, as it is one of misinformation.

RE: AWI

AWI Continentals Mortar (6 mortars/24 crew) great crew figures! X 1 pack
Mortars (only 1 package):
• 2 American w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew (painting scheme to vary, but the basic underlying uniforms are somewhat comparable)
• 2 French w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew
• 2 British w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew
ThThe packages are a little bit different than I expected, hence more units can be formed… I do not have them in my hands yet. In fact, when we finalize the details, he will ship them to you.
Here are the contents of the packs we discussed:
(Code: # of officers/std bearers/musicians/Enlisted Men)

Stuart

Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 8:54 AM

Hi, thanks for all of the great details, I want to take this slow so I can keep good notes if that is cool. Let me start out with some more questions for you, then I can explain the painting method I believe you are wanting, and we can go from there.

I have seen models like this, and they look good when painted up, but like a lot of what you have here I have never painted that exact model yet. I like to be honest and upfront so we know where we are going prior to getting there, that is the best way to be in my opinion. I have been painting since I started with model cars, planes, and rockets when I was not even 10, and I turn 38 this year. Until the last 8 months painting was never my work, so I have been mostly a hobbiest over the years.

I know the black primer method you are speaking of, and it is a nice way for starting painters to get shadows without having to use other techniques. I personally do not like that method anymore as I have found much better ways to reach the same effect with less paint. None of the models on my website was primed black as a matter of fact. Now days I use white or colored primer and then washes or glazes where used to create darker areas and then normally a blend or a dry brush was put over it with maybe another wash over that to reach the texture I was looking for. Anyways, here are some questions. heh

With your (15mm RCW Train and Train Tracks) how many engines and extra cars do you have, also do they have gun placements on them with sand bags or are they covered, and how many feet of track do you have, and is it based on anything?

On the Frontier bags of miniatures is that two bags of each nation with extra crew or what did you mean?

I have several more questions but I will end with one more. I normally use GW and Privateer Press paints as that is what I normally paint, but I know that many like their historical miniatures painted with War Paints as they are matched to the colors that the armies of that day used in many cases. I currently have a dozen or so of those, but I would need to get the exact ones we are looking at for this project if those paints interest you. The basic question is what type of paints would you prefer to use?

Thanks
Clark

Date: 5/1/13 7:07 am
• I have a Peter Pig 15mm RCW train (I also have hard styrene railroad tracks that require painting).:

• I have a suggested camouflage and painting scheme from Wargames Illustrated.
• The train(s) can be made adaptable for the tabletop, depending on the side, Reds, Whites, Greens and Czechs by the use of two small removable flags (per faction) to be placed at the front in the engine car.
• Although not as detailed as the model used in WI, I would like to considering using the first or second grade.
• You can actually see a painted model by going to the PP website.

I have the following Frontier bags of figures:
* AWI Continentals Mortar (6 mortars/24 crew) great crew figures! X 1 pack
Mortars:

• 2 American w/ 3 crew each;
• 2 French w/ 3 crew each;
• 2 British w/ 3 crew each;

* AWI British Highlanders (50 figures w/cmd) X 1 pack
• 42nd Highlanders aka Black Watch (will need to check on this) w/ white trews
* SYW Prussian musketeers w/cmd (50 figures) X 3 packs (to be painted as Hessians)
• Von Bose w/ white trousers
* SYW Prussian grenadiers w/cmd (50 figures) X 1 pack (to be painted as Hessians)
• Not certain yet.

I recently obtained the above rare 15mm Frontier AWI figures. Considered average in size. Not 18’s nor your smaller Freikorps. Not detailed (very few nooks and crannies) as an Old Glory/Battle Honors or full bodied as a Falcon. However, they do lend themselves to creative painting, especially to those who enjoy wielding a brush. The ensigns have their flags casted on.

I dislike the black primer school of painting. While I prefer a clean style of painting, layers and washes are fine. My men are uniform ready, no patches or fading colors from a grueling campaign. I like to see what I am getting before paying and shipping. I list the colors as a starting point for research and comments. I like to get second or third opinions from the painter before commencing painting. I consider it almost a partnership.

I will do my own basing. Helpful hints welcomed.

I will list the regiments.

More later. Kindly do not reply today. T-Y.

Stuart

Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:35 AM
Subject:

Hi, If you can give me a list of what you want painted, and if you need any assembly, modifying, and at the 15mm level I have the Table Top and the Advance Table Top painting level. Also if you can describe any themes you are wanting, or if you want them to look historical that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Clark
Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:10 PM

How are you? What have you decided to do?

Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:52 AM
Cc: Schoenberger, Stuart

Hi. You informed me that you have a brief window. One day a week. If you can start or complete them by September, I will be happy. If you cannot, kindly return them to me at: Stuart Schoenberger, 63-84 Saunders Street, 2J, Rego Park, NY 11374-3102.

Have you ever worked with plastic models? I am considering modifying or altering plastic models, in particular buildings into Stalingrad type ruins. How would you go about doing it safely?

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:54 PM
I can still get to them if you or I can send them back as they like I said before. I do have a brief window as I tried to a lateral move to a non-hourly job, but complications made it so I could not keep it. My employer felt some of my training time was observational and as a non-hourly was not going to pay me for it and I thought it was time for me to continue looking. lol However, where I was, as filled already. This means I am looking for a new 2nd job currently and have a little time if you want to consider that route.

If not no problem, I just need the address you want them shipped to, and I will get them out asap.

Thanks for your understanding
Clark

Date: 4/11/14 1:03 pm

Clark,

I understand, really. I was somewhat concerned when you did not reply. I was under the impression you left with me that your life was changing and that you were quite sick. All serious things in my book.

Yes, you are good in my book. Hope to hear from you from time to time even if you are not actually working on my men.

Stuart J. Schoenberger

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Hi,

I am sorry for the slow response, and I have not been able to work much on your guys lately. I am really sorry about that, and I understand if you want them back as they are. If that is the case I will not charge you for the work I have done, as it has not been 100% what you were wanting or at the speed I promised. If you want me to continue to paint them for you, I will but as I am working two jobs (45 hours a week) the only day I can paint at all is Saturday currently.

Thanks for understanding
Clark

Date: 3/5/14 12:54 pm
I will be at Cold Wars, Lancaster Host. Will you be there? Hope to hear good things about you, regardless. I am not pushing about my figures… Just concerned when someone goes off the grid.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
180 Water Street- 16th Floor
NY, NY 10038
Tel.: (929 221-6494/Fax: (212) 331-5023

Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:51 PM

Hello and sorry for the slow responses to your emails. I have had some personal delays in my life that has affected my painting service in general. I am not taking any new orders at this time, and I am finishing up what I currently have.

I did a check on your miniatures, we are still good on what you have sent me, and I am going to start posting more pictures of what I have done and work toward the exact colors you are looking for. To recap, I have painted the rest of the tank and trains to match what I have done so far, and I am going to tint the off white to a more yellow. I want to take that in stages so I do not get too bright, then I will dirty them up so they look like they have dirt, rust, and oil stains on them to scale and in the locations that we would expect them to be.

Once we agree these are the way you want them, than I will start on the troops themselves.

Thanks, and sorry again
Clark

Date: 11/22/13 7:20 am
How are you feeling now? Do I need to do anything more to start the ball rolling from my end? Not pushing, I realize that our lives have a way of setting its own priorities.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:14 PM

Thanks for checking back in with me, I have been rather ill the last few weeks, and I feel bad I have not kept up with you more. I am feeling better, and I have still been painting. My thoughts were to paint the rest of the tanks like I had the train, and then adjust the colors you did not like like the off white to a more yellow color. If I do them all the same they all will look like the same lot in the end though it might be more work. With yellow particularly what color is under it makes a huge difference to the final color.

I will get some pictures up in the next day or so, I need to get some more light bulbs, it seems I left two on while I was sick and they burnt out, and I use special lights so the color is more true.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 9/25/13 6:57 am
To: "'clark@thexoan.com'" <clark@thexoan.com>
I finally was able to look at the Flames of War paints.

The best one for the White Tanks/Vehicles are the Early Polish and Early French.

The best one for the Red Tanks/Vehicles are the Late Russian green (for vehicles).

Hope is all well with you.

Stuart J. Schoenberger

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:25 PM

I merely used term google for searching the web. How one gets into the area is matter of search engine, but from there is an art and patience.

Half the tanks and cars will be the Soviet Russian green, somewhat like the third, but no camouflage schemes. Rust, washes, drybrushes, etc.

The other half I would like to look at British as well, before I finalize my comments. We are talking about the Whites, who were obtaining/buying their arms from the British, Germans, etc. We are talking about the national armies of the Poles, Baltic States. Here uniformity is not a virtue! Maybe the same scheme for 2 tanks and 2 armored cars, or only 2 tanks, another for 2 cars. Here we can have fun. Look at the article on armored cars I mailed.

The flags are rather small. Perhaps 20mm flags. Look for wargame flags for 15mm to get an idea of size. I know there are some periods in which the flags were oversized, but I do not want the flags to dominate the trains (only to enhance).

More later…

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:06 PM

I will make the light tan thinner than it currently is.

I will also make sure to drill those holes for the flags. What size do you want those, I can go as small as 1/32 if you want or as big as you need.

As far as google goes I find it a poor tool to send someone out to if you are looking for something very specific. I put in a search for WWi German Tanks and found 3 very different colors and patterens...

this has more yellow
http://www.deviantart.com/art/German-ta ... -199093463

This is more of a tan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... V-Tank.jpg

This is more of a two color theme
http://www.magictoybox-online.co.uk/aca ... m5003.html

...The same could be said if I looked up WWI British tanks too. When trying to match something it can be very hard. That being said I found the paints that that article was using, and if you want to order these paints, I can as well as the other colors for the different armies. I believe that is the only way to be sure that I am using the exact brown or yellow that you are looking for.

The likely paint set
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... rt_id=2180

Here is where I could buy that set
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/flames-of ... t_258.html

I am having a problem find it for sale on US sites, but I will look for it harder later today.

If this is something you want me to do that is cool, I just will need some more time to get all these colors in. I will cover the cost of these new paints, and the color correction on the tanks is less than you think, it will be just a refurbishment.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 8/13/13 7:19 am
1. The pictures from the magazine article I sent were intended as our painting guide. Balance is the point. The white tan in some areas is overwhelming, the predominant color. Expand (as you see fit) in areas the brown and green so that it covers more area, and leaves the white thinner, though it may cut the white in half in areas. Some areas it would look probably better to keep the white as longer strips, but thinner.
2. Do not forget to drill two locations in the front for flags. (see article)
3. As for the tanks, let us not use this camouflage scheme. I envisioned as provided by the magazine a stronger yellowish (stronger than Desert African) tan. Could you google some either WW1 German or British armored camouflage schemes for the other half?
Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:50 AM

Hi, Stuart, I have done some more work on the models, and I went back and reread the note you wrote. You are correct you did sa that you wanted half of the tanks and the train that green, and the rest in camo. I am sorry about that.

The white/yellow you are seeing there is really a super light tan that is more of an off white. I see that you are requesting less of that color, and I want to ask how you want less of it? Do you want me to expand the brown and green so that it covers more area, and leaves he white shorter and cut in half in areas, or are you wanting me to make the white narrower so it is thinner but goes the same distance?

I have added some washes, but I did not want to take too big of a step at one time, so I took a picture of the models in the box they came in. This also shows you what I got number wise.by the size of the box itself.

I am going to do the two different types of tanks you sent me did you want them half in camo and half in that green like you said or since the trains are all in camo now do you want them all in camo?

Thanks
Clark

Date: 8/9/13 8:59 am
Dear Clark,

It works for me 100%. Again less of the white (or is it a yellow?) on the engines. I thought that I purchased and sent you more flat cars or cars with sidings, no?

Please note need to check instructions twice. Somewhere I thought I had asked for the one half the models only in combat green. Leave it as it is, now.

This is the way I like to handle most matters- comments with room for flexibility and suggestions from the painter.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 11:50 AM

I totally understand, I just wanted to give you a look as they are clean. As soon as I start adding washes to dirty it up, it will chance a lot of the feel. I also feel it brings out the details though,

I was thinking a heavy oil and rust style wash on the wheels with clean areas showing wear and tear, an oiled wash over the guns, and a light dirt wash over the details on the train itself.

Let me know what you are thinking on this,
Clark

PS. I am not sure you can see it due to the lights, but there is some highlighting on the raised edges.
Date: 8/9/13 7:34 am
Hmmm. They’re good, rather nice, possibly a little more basic than I was originally envisioning. I was trying to my finger on why I felt that way. Perhaps, it is because there are very few patterns and the white ones are dominating, as they are very wide and tall. This is more true of the 1st picture with the engine, coal car, etc., not the turret cars. Also, there is no wash, dry brushing, too clean for a train, no?

What do you think?

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 9:55 AM

Hi Stuart I I just wanted to see what you thought of these a I have them now.

Date: 7/15/13 6:16 am
Yup!

Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:56 PM

Ok I got some more instructions in the mail today from you, and I got a box of more troops from another that said they were your miniatures.

Clark

Subject: FW: RE:
Date: 6/6/13 3:20 pm
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:20 PM

Please do on the packages….

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:34 AM

Can you scan me a few? I do not have access to You Tube, etc.

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:07 PM
Yes I have those miniatures, it was 6 very nicely organized ziplock bags with name and model counts on them. I can detail those out if you want more if you like. The miniatures look to be in good shape, and I have my own bag of golf tees wanting to put them on so I can paint them without touching the model once it is primed and until it is sealed at the end.

I have been working on a model called a Reaver Titan, and it has taken much longer than I first thought to finish it. I am at about 120 hours so far, and I have just a few minor things left to do. lol It is a 900 dollar miniature though that weighs nearly 15lbs, so a lot of that time was care to not mess anything up.

I should have pictures on my blog tomorrow though if you want to look at it.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 6/4/13 2:21 pm
I presume, you have the figures from Hal Thinglum.

Stuart J. Schoenberger, Esq.
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:20 PM

Ok great, I will let you know when I get them.

Thanks
Clark

Date: 6/4/13 1:00 pm
To: "Schoenberger, Stuart" <schoenbergers@hra.nyc.gov>
Cc: "clark@thexoan.com" <clark@thexoan.com>
I have sent out today the armored trains, tanks, … for RCW. Painting guides and instructions (not the same) are forthcoming.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:29 AM
To: clark@thexoan.com; Hal Thinglum

Hal, see below.

I think, this will work well. It was sort of what I was looking for. If one rigidly defines ones expectations one may or may get what one wants, but not what one may need. Flexibility is a virtue...

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:54 PM
Oh yeah that is no problem, the YouTube and blog thing is extra stuff I do when I get the chance, the real updates come via emails. I was just saying that I need to do a better job of explaining what everything means to people who may not know, you seem to have a pretty good idea, but many people do not have even basic knowledge.

...Having a play list with key videos that explain different aspects of my business to clients is what I was talking about. That isn't part of the work you having done, but I thought I would share that is where I plan do in the future. It might not be a good fit for everyone, but it might be a great fit for some...

What I normally do is start an album for this project, and where I upload a lot of pictures as I go, and you can access from anywhere as long as you have that link. I think link those pictures and talk about them in emails with you, and if you do not like them I make changes as needed.

Thanks again
Clark
PS. Please use a tracking number when you ship so I can expect its arrival thanks.

Date: 5/22/13 11:41 am
We will have to do something other than U Tube. Yes, I do expect to see works in progress and before payment/final approval.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:19 PM

Thank you for the input, knowing how others take what I am saying is very important. I am trying to build a visual reference part to my business. I find that people want to see what it looks like when I literally do it, and not something that I show of other people's work. so it is taking time to build. My thoughts are since I have a YouTube channel to briefly explain each painting method I do in words that I use with my clients when talking about their armies, and to break down the differences in painting levels in a visual way. I would then create a playlist on my channel that is public, and I would share it when I am contacting clients and they want to know what I do.

Here is my address, sorry I did not add that to the last email.

Clark Bates
309 Nelson St
Garden City, KS 67846

Thanks again
Clark
Date: 5/22/13 6:16 am
Three suggestions:
1. Drop the heh, and add something else like hmmmmm.
2. Please provide the address.
3. Look for pictures to assist in any model and instructions or details from the client.
Stuart

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:53 PM

I can totally appreciated what you have said, and I am willing to work with a price that might flex one way or another, and keep you in the loop with my thoughts. I am not new to painting, but I have not painted very many models of this kind, so I am basing my prices totally on educated guesses. While I have painted several 25 mm historicals with Viking Saga and some Romans, I have not painted much in the way of 15mm stuff.

Part of starting to paint something new though is accepting that you might under bid your time, and it will workout to take more time than you expect. I am currently finding that out with a Reaver Titan from Forgeworld.com. The model stands 16 inches tall, and has a ton of details. I figured 60 hours of labor between assembly and painting, but I am at 75 hours now, and I am 40% through the painting. lol I view this as part of my process to knowing my business better. Also there was no instructions, it is a 167 pieces, and this was the first time I ever built one of these, so it will go faster next time. However, I never want it to cost you more than it should, that is not something you should have to accept. heh

What I will do is do these on their own, so I can follow the time, and what not then go from there. I will give you the details on how much time and how hard it was to do, and then we can find a good value for that. I normally figure myself at a lower value on newer things because you should never have to pay for my learning that cost is on me. I have found that the second time I do something it is normally 30% faster than the first.

About you wanting to look to the long term, I am totally with you on that. While I might stubble from time to time, like I did on this project, people often times come back to me. I would like to believe it is because I try to be as honest as I can, even when it is not the easy path, and that I work on keeping good communication with each of my clients both written and with update pictures.

Thanks again
Clark Bates

Date: 5/21/13 12:27 pm
We have more or less a basic understanding:

The tracks are at a higher price than I would wish. My suggestion, do one or two. See how much work is actually required.

The 15mm AWI figures will be at TT+. But no eyes, please. The Train at TT+. The trains are possibly at a lower price than be considered reasonable. My suggestion, do one or two. See how much work is actually required. If it is fair, then we will stick with the price.

I like a bargain as much as anyone, but I value my relationships more. If you or I hate the relationship, then there is no value. I am looking to the long term, not bargains in the short term. I want to treasure the work received.

Please send your address again.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Ok sorry about the confusion so far. I am working on a way to streamline this part of the process with a PDF file that I can send via emails that lets you input all of the models, the painting levels, and if there is any other work that needs to be done with a proper not section... However, coding a PDF in Excel is not something I am greatly skilled at, so the process is long, and a lot of mistakes have been made so far. heh I am better at painting than I am creating that.

I have printed out and read all of your email so far so I can better understand them, and here is where we are I believe...

* Ok all of these miniatures are 15mm, which means the prices I quoted you prior will not mean anything unless you have other things that need paint. :)

* With 15mm miniatures I have fewer levels as they are far harder to paint, and the difference between them becomes even harder to see, and here is the prices for them.

Table Top or TT is as many colors as the model normally has and the larger details are picked out, no eyes or buckles are picked out at this level for 15mm. These are .75 cents each without assembly and basing.

The Above Table Top or TT+ level is like the above but more details are picked out, and buckles and eyes are picked out as well as pretty much all of the details of that size. These are 1.50 dollars each without assembly and basing.

I still welcome pictures for reference of course, and any input on what you are thinking theme wise.

On the Train, I would say you are looking for a TT+ level with the details you are wanting, and the track pieces you are looking at a TT level. With that in mind I think the price for those would be 10 dollars for the train engine and 7.50 per car after that since they have fewer details, and 3.00 per 1 ft section of track. Junctions and what not with special lighting would be extra if that is the case in any of these.

Thanks for everything so far.
Clark

Date: 5/10/13 1:17 pm
The track and platform are resin. Here a black or gray primer may be the best approach as opposed to my general preference for white....

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Ok I have gone to this website, and I see there are a couple on this site. They look to be the same size really which is 15mm, so we are good that way, and we can worry about the colors used a little later. Again with the tracks if they are meant to fit that train, it all depends on whether or not they are based or just wood and steel. Wood and Steel is very simple, and would cost very little, the stone and what not that it might have is a little more, but neither are a lot imo.

The main difference is if these are 15mm or 25mm miniatures...

...As you can imagine there is a huge difference between Flames of War style 15mm miniatures and 25mm histoicals. When saw the train size I thought it might all be 15mm, so I wanted to clarify is all. What I can do is give you a price based on the 25mm, and then we can work out what pieces are at different sizes from there and how many total we have. I want to also let you know that for every 125 dollars you spend I will up grade a man sized miniature so a 25mm in this case from the table top level to the Studio Quality level for free. That is something really nice for special models or command units for example.

Price quote for 25mm miniatures
3Up is 2.00 to 3.50 per miniature
Table Top is 4.50 to 6.50 per miniature
Above Table Top is 7.00 to 9.00 per miniature
Studio Quality is 10.00 to 12.25 per miniature

With 230 ish and 6 mortars if I understand that correctly it is going to be a stunning board to look at when they are all spread out across the board. If how much it costs is an issue, I would suggest getting the bulk of the army done to what you think is your minimum level, and the special units and command units done to a higher standard. You might also pick out the standard bearers to be painted to a higher level so they stand out as well.

Thanks again
Clark

Date: 5/10/13 10:40 am
I would send a copy of the pictures from Wargames Illustrated covering the desired 25mm paint scheme. In the interim you can go to Peter Pig where they show a picture of the painted 15mm RCW train in question. The tracks come from a different company altogether.

The AWI is 15mm Frontier (as opposed to Old Glory, Stone Mountain, etc.).
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:14 PM

Hello Stuart, sorry for the delay.

I have had a lot going on, but I wanted to get back to you asap.

I have another clarification that I came across, the train is 15mm, but the at least some of the other miniatures look to be more 28mm is that correct or am I looking at the wrong version of the miniatures. Could you provide me a link to the item as it is sold so I can look at the details that way please.

Thanks again
Clark

Date: 5/6/13 3:26 pm
No problem, this is how I too like to start a relationship because any commission, small or big, is just that. I will not assume that you understand me, or visa-versa. Language is as much a tool of communication, as it is one of misinformation.

RE: AWI

AWI Continentals Mortar (6 mortars/24 crew) great crew figures! X 1 pack
Mortars (only 1 package):
• 2 American w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew (painting scheme to vary, but the basic underlying uniforms are somewhat comparable)
• 2 French w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew
• 2 British w/ 3 crew each; mortars x 2, six crew
ThThe packages are a little bit different than I expected, hence more units can be formed… I do not have them in my hands yet. In fact, when we finalize the details, he will ship them to you.
Here are the contents of the packs we discussed:
(Code: # of officers/std bearers/musicians/Enlisted Men)

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 8:54 AM

Hi, thanks for all of the great details, I want to take this slow so I can keep good notes if that is cool. Let me start out with some more questions for you, then I can explain the painting method I believe you are wanting, and we can go from there.

I have seen models like this, and they look good when painted up, but like a lot of what you have here I have never painted that exact model yet. I like to be honest and upfront so we know where we are going prior to getting there, that is the best way to be in my opinion. I have been painting since I started with model cars, planes, and rockets when I was not even 10, and I turn 38 this year. Until the last 8 months painting was never my work, so I have been mostly a hobbiest over the years.

I know the black primer method you are speaking of, and it is a nice way for starting painters to get shadows without having to use other techniques. I personally do not like that method anymore as I have found much better ways to reach the same effect with less paint. None of the models on my website was primed black as a matter of fact. Now days I use white or colored primer and then washes or glazes where used to create darker areas and then normally a blend or a dry brush was put over it with maybe another wash over that to reach the texture I was looking for. Anyways, here are some questions. heh

With your (15mm RCW Train and Train Tracks) how many engines and extra cars do you have, also do they have gun placements on them with sand bags or are they covered, and how many feet of track do you have, and is it based on anything?

On the Frontier bags of miniatures is that two bags of each nation with extra crew or what did you mean?

I have several more questions but I will end with one more. I normally use GW and Privateer Press paints as that is what I normally paint, but I know that many like their historical miniatures painted with War Paints as they are matched to the colors that the armies of that day used in many cases. I currently have a dozen or so of those, but I would need to get the exact ones we are looking at for this project if those paints interest you. The basic question is what type of paints would you prefer to use?

Thanks
Clark

Date: 5/1/13 7:07 am
• I have a Peter Pig 15mm RCW train (I also have hard styrene railroad tracks that require painting).:

• I have a suggested camouflage and painting scheme from Wargames Illustrated.
• The train(s) can be made adaptable for the tabletop, depending on the side, Reds, Whites, Greens and Czechs by the use of two small removable flags (per faction) to be placed at the front in the engine car.
• Although not as detailed as the model used in WI, I would like to considering using the first or second grade.
• You can actually see a painted model by going to the PP website.

I have the following Frontier bags of figures:
* AWI Continentals Mortar (6 mortars/24 crew) great crew figures! X 1 pack
Mortars:

• 2 American w/ 3 crew each;
• 2 French w/ 3 crew each;
• 2 British w/ 3 crew each;

* AWI British Highlanders (50 figures w/cmd) X 1 pack
• 42nd Highlanders aka Black Watch (will need to check on this) w/ white trews
* SYW Prussian musketeers w/cmd (50 figures) X 3 packs (to be painted as Hessians)
• Von Bose w/ white trousers
* SYW Prussian grenadiers w/cmd (50 figures) X 1 pack (to be painted as Hessians)
• Not certain yet.

I recently obtained the above rare 15mm Frontier AWI figures. Considered average in size. Not 18’s nor your smaller Freikorps. Not detailed (very few nooks and crannies) as an Old Glory/Battle Honors or full bodied as a Falcon. However, they do lend themselves to creative painting, especially to those who enjoy wielding a brush. The ensigns have their flags casted on.

I dislike the black primer school of painting. While I prefer a clean style of painting, layers and washes are fine. My men are uniform ready, no patches or fading colors from a grueling campaign. I like to see what I am getting before paying and shipping. I list the colors as a starting point for research and comments. I like to get second or third opinions from the painter before commencing painting. I consider it almost a partnership.

I will do my own basing. Helpful hints welcomed.

I will list the regiments.

More later. Kindly do not reply today. T-Y.

Stuart J. Schoenberger
HRA/DSS- MICSA
NY, NY 10038

Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:35 AM
Subject:

Hi, If you can give me a list of what you want painted, and if you need any assembly, modifying, and at the 15mm level I have the Table Top and the Advance Table Top painting level. Also if you can describe any themes you are wanting, or if you want them to look historical that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Clark

First Name : Stuart J.
Last Name : Schoenberger
Address Street 1 : 63-84 Saunders Street, Apt. 2J
Address Street 2 :
City : Rego Park
Zip Code : 11374
State : NY
Daytime Phone : 929 221 6494
Evening Phone :
Email Address : schoenbergers@hra.nyc.gov
Comments : Contact me re: Frontier AWI 15mm miniatures
Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

I have included all the correspondence that I could find. I may have deleted several recent inquiries on progress requested from April to July. Fortunately, the Master Computer stored the overwhelming proportion of our correspondence. It does not show anything bad, per se, except for the fact that I have been receiving my e-mails as undeliverable. With a very recent track record of sporadic to no correspondence, I am now concerned about getting my miniatures back.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I didn't read it all, because it's in reverse chronological order, but I did read enough to see that you've posted enough proof.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

As far as I am concerned, Clark Bates the Xoan has dropped off the map with my miniatures. He has not replied to my e-mails in over six months. The e-mail address is no longer functional. I sent a certified letter, but no reply has been made and no acknowledment has been returned. I contacted via Verizion to check for a telephone listing for the address 309 Nelson Street, Garden City, and Clark Bates. There is no listing for either.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :shocked: :'(

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”