The 5th painting contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

The 5th painting contest?

Post by CMSheats »

Hello all. I am wanting to know is there going to be a 5th painting contest. I know I am going to have to find someone with a colorful name to run this for us, but what I am wondering is, if I do find somebody to head this up, would anybody be interested in partaking in the contest? I know the conversion thing didn't go so good, I couldn't find anybody for that, but I think I can for the painting contest. If you are at all interested in participating in it, please post below. I will try to get a mod if we even have enough people to do it. How many do we need? 10-12 or something like that? Anyways, please post if you are interested, and we can work out prises and all for the winners if we can get this thing of the ground. (I hope this is the right place to post all this) Thanks!
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: The 5th painting contest?

Post by MagickalMemories »

I think 10 to 12 interested parties is a good place to start. that way, you can expect 6 to 8 entries. Typically, you can expect about a quarter to a third of those who say they are interested to not enter. I don't just mean that for BTown. That's been my experience in other places, as well.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Well...... I guess nobody really wants to do this. : )
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
extropymine ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by extropymine »

I'd participate if we had one.

Sorry I don't often poke my nose outside of the trading forums.

We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence.
It's a rule of thumb for trades: check my feedback, I'll check yours. Lower rating ships first.
If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same.
Don't like my offer? Don't get offended-- make me a counter-offer instead!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Well there is one guy. Is there anybody else who would like to give this a shot? Haha, ya. : )
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

extropymine wrote:We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence.
I swear to GOD, I'd sig that, if my sig line wasn't already so bloated! lol

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Haha, ya! I will do it for you! Added to sig.
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

I'd be up for it. Might push me off my behind to get more of my figs painted.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Great! Well, that's one way to look at it. : ) We just need 9-10 more people. Anyone else?
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I might be down for a painting contest depending on the parameters.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Yes! Theres another one. About the perimeters and rules. How did you guys do it for the fourth painting contest? Could we just do it like that?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, well we got four. Could we do this with four guys?
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

I'm game, hopefully I'll have some necrons or atleast some fun orks when it gets started >< what would the potential rules be and how long would we have to work our magic?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Great! That's five of us. I assumed each of us would agree on a date to start. And then we would have like a week or so? Doesn't a mod have to post a poll? Or can we do that?
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

CMSheats since you are the one trying to organize this you should come up with the contest rules.
Once you have the rules and number of participants then u need to approach one of the staff members here to have them set up a thread etc.
I can not do it so you'll have to try and get one of the others to but I wouldn't approach them till you have everything else set.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”