Painting Contest with a Prize 4!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Painting Contest with a Prize 4!

Post by Paintbrushturkey »

that is because afaik back to base is somewhet slow on shipping stuff out...
When dealing with me the following applies:
NIB = new in sealed blister
mint = new never stripped may or may not be in blister
assembled = mint assembled miniature
stripped = previously painted, may have minor paint residues
primed = single layer of primer, no obscurement of details
painted = may have one or multiple layers of paint, may be badly stripped with paint residues, pictures are best here
primed and painted minis are assumed to be assembled
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HonorforONEFilms »

Well you might have a chance to finish his if you paint him really fast. I've got one guy who said the pictures should be in late today, another who on Sunday said sometime this week, and then you. If you'd like to send in the picture of the other then it would be nice to have it. The contest would be up right now except that I'm working with some people to get some new pics so it might be a little bit. Looks like we might have another week extension. Wow, for people waiting to vote on this I'm really sorry.
LOOK OUT FOR THAT HAMMER!!!!!!

1. Less refs you'll probably have to ship first,
2. Please pm me even if a simple no. I will always try to do the same for you
3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

BAD traders: Haven't found any yet
Amazing traders: Grimdisco
Awaiting refs from: hooksy67
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

just my opinion but if people are going to volunteer for this contest and don't have a camera or can't get to one in the time period then your kinda SOL.

I have a crappy digi that probably didn't take the best pics or my entry and IMO doesn't do the model justice...(hell probably cost me a few votes if I get any).

but I still got my pics in on time. (which means I painted him in the 2 week period).

There needs to be a hard deadline on this in the future with up front payment of the entry fee.

If a person who pays the entry fee can't meet the deadline (in fairness to those who did) he is out of not only the contest but his fee. This will ensure that next time it will most likely not happen.

I know you want to get as many people involved, and generate interest and all that but I would rather see a smaller more fair contest (thus smaller prize) then one with a quarter of the people adhereing to the rules and the others not (for what ever reason).

And yes I know life happens....but if you show up at a Golden Demon comp with a partially painted mini and ask them for a few days extension to finish it what do you think there answer would be?

/rant

BTW can we send our mini's back to the person we painted for?
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

bluemeenie wrote:just my opinion but if people are going to volunteer for this contest and don't have a camera or can't get to one in the time period then your kinda SOL.
Agreed

I have a crappy digi that probably didn't take the best pics or my entry and IMO doesn't do the model justice...(hell probably cost me a few votes if I get any).

but I still got my pics in on time. (which means I painted him in the 2 week period).
Again, agreed.
There needs to be a hard deadline on this in the future with up front payment of the entry fee.
Agreed with the first part but as far as the upfront part I'm less sure on.
If a person who pays the entry fee can't meet the deadline (in fairness to those who did) he is out of not only the contest but his fee. This will ensure that next time it will most likely not happen.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.
I know you want to get as many people involved, and generate interest and all that but I would rather see a smaller more fair contest (thus smaller prize) then one with a quarter of the people adhereing to the rules and the others not (for what ever reason).
I still would like a large contest though. The nice part is so far I believe I've only had one person rejoin the next contest after not getting the model in the previous contest done. Also the people who realize that there skill is far below the others usually drop out immediately. In this way this contest has the best turnout so far. So of the owners will be getting 30$ models for 5 bucks and shipping. There I could kinda see a smaller contest becuase I could probably charge 15 dollars for an entry fee. :-D
And yes I know life happens....but if you show up at a Golden Demon comp with a partially painted mini and ask them for a few days extension to finish it what do you think there answer would be?
Yeah. I wish I could just have a solid deadline but, you know, what can I do. I just really hate for people not to get their models done becuase that just gives the whole contest bad flack. Then the painter doesn't like it, the owner doesn't like it, and those people who realize that 20 models got claimed and only 5 made into the finals probably wont like it either.
BTW can we send our mini's back to the person we painted for?
Yes please do. Though if you would have sent them as soon as you got them done then they might have got their before the poll was listed. :roll:

3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

uhm no offense mean here but the painters do not pay the fee the persons getting their stuff painted do..... also if you want a hard deadline you might want to do so from the date the miniature actually arrives, just taking mine as an example versus some of the people that live in the us 4 days vs 4 weeks seems hardly fair if you can see where iam coming from... again this is no offense to you, however we got your point there is no reason to repeat it, i understand that you are anxious to see this finished up, but.... anyways if honourforonefilms wants to close the contest whilst iam not ready i guess there is nothing i can do about it other than finish the paintjobs and post pics here later on... however and this is to whoever owns the models i'll finish them to the best of my ability if that means i cannot enter the contest then so be it ( and yes i know aim repeating myself) :-)

regards pbt

PS upon reading the post i can have pics to you of gandalf in precisely 13 days time if you want to include them in the next contest you can :-)
painted = may have one or multiple layers of paint, may be badly stripped with paint residues, pictures are best here
arcangel742 ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by arcangel742 »

If you want to make it a hard deadline from when the models arrive, then you would have to do extra bookkeeping and follow all the models to the painters with confirmation numbers. I got mine done right away, and a few others seem to have gotten their models done in the time allotted. I do not think it is fair to us for people to take the extra time. I understand some people truely just got their models but as someone else said, either they need to get their models sent earlier or the contest needs to be restricted to the states. I mean people can talk about having their jobs and families, and I do as well, but seriously you signed up for a contest with a hard deadline. If you don't make it, don't whine about it. Instead, consider the fact it was probably a commitment you shouldn't have made.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Paintbrushturkey wrote:PS upon reading the post i can have pics to you of gandalf in precisely 13 days time if you want to include them in the next contest you can :-)
That would be great. And I do understand that the owner pays the money for the model to be painter. I think it would be kinda silly for the painter to pay that. :-D

Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

amen

/edit:
I do not think it is fair to us for people to take the extra time
how is wanting my 2 weeks paintingtime extra time?

as to not fair to everyone else, you still have the model you still can paint, there is always something you can do, i'm guessing none of the miniatures entered here will be flawless and by this i mean that there will be minor mistakes on any miniature or painting out there....
arcangel742 ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by arcangel742 »

I would have it if I hadn't figured the contest would be over and already sent it back to the owner. And I'm not talking about you, but there are people who I bet are looking at this and continuing to work on their models because you are getting an extension. That's why I said the organizer would have to follow every package to every painter so they all get their own individual deadlines.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

arcangel742 wrote:That's why I said the organizer...
The organizer, heh heh, is that a safe way of saying the jerk who made this thing up or is that a way too professional term for me.

Benjamin

LadyAnara ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by LadyAnara »

Guys, lighten up a bit.

Honor of One has put alot of effort into this and it seems like all he is getting is greif.

i just want to say thanks for dooing this man. i am looking forward to seeing my painted models and how i stack up against other painters.
It is kinda hard to trade when people don't reply to PMs or posts.
Please reply, lots of us want your stuff.
And besides it is the polite thing to do.

I only ship priority mail only and would like my trading partners to do the same.
Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

LadyAnara wrote:Guys, lighten up a bit.

Honor of One has put alot of effort into this and it seems like all he is getting is greif.

i just want to say thanks for dooing this man. i am looking forward to seeing my painted models and how i stack up against other painters.

amen, looks like at least someone kept their cool :-)
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

Let me just state for the record this is not about Honor. Or our one member from Austrailia that got gipped on shipping.

This is directly pointed at the other X amount of users that are taking advantage of Honors inclusive nature and want to be nice (all good qualities I should work on). For the ones that had theire items in on time how can they not feel a little weary of someone who gets 2+ extra weeks to work on something.

give me a month and I'll bet you I could do some mad sh** to any model :P

Granted maybe they did not have the personal time to work on the model and needed the extension, but as others pointed out then they should not have joined the contest in the first place and should be forfeit to any winnings (like any other contest you sign up for).....that doesn't mean they are still not obligated to paint the mini the owner paid and shipped to them, but you can't hold against the ones that did follow the rules not to at least feel like someone's pulling a fast one.

Sorry I guess I'm just a stickler for personal responsibility.

Honor you are doing a great job and I enjoyed the mini I got to paint, and hope the owner does also.

Mike
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

I think for the next contest I'll just give an extra week for the painters.

Thanks for the support guys.

Glad you enjoy it.

arcangel742 ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Post by arcangel742 »

bluemeenie wrote:Let me just state for the record this is not about Honor. Or our one member from Austrailia that got gipped on shipping.

This is directly pointed at the other X amount of users that are taking advantage of Honors inclusive nature and want to be nice (all good qualities I should work on). For the ones that had their items in on time how can they not feel a little weary of someone who gets 2+ extra weeks to work on something.

Sorry I guess I'm just a stickler for personal responsibility.

Honor you are doing a great job and I enjoyed the mini I got to paint, and hope the owner does also.

Mike
Exactly what I am talking about. I really can't say it any better. Thanks blue! And Honor, I am not mad with you at! How could I be? You are doing a lot of work to do this for us as members of this board and for that you deserve a freaking medal for doing so! I'm just saying this type of thing needs to be noted to ensure it does not happen again.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”