Painting Contest with a Prize 4!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Painting Contest with a Prize 4!

Post by HonorforONEFilms »

Ready to do this? I hope so because here we go again. For anyone new a brief description on how this works is listed below. For people who have been through this before the revised texts are in bold

1. People from Bartertown send pictures of 1-4 models they have to me.(The details on the restrictions for models is below)
2. I will chose and make a list of about 20 and post them here
3. Painters will then pick models to paint and pm me with their address
4. I will distribute address and the owner of the model will ship it to the painter
5. Painters will then have 2 weeks to paint them
6. Painters will take pictures of their painted models and send them to me.
7. Painters will then ship there model back to the owner.
8. I will list a poll(with the help of the friendly mods :-D ) here and people will vote on which they think is best.
9. Any model owner who has had his model painted and the pics uploaded in the poll will send five dollars to me though PayPal
10. The top three painters will win a cash prize.

Below are some explained details and rules.

1. The entry charge to the contest will be five dollars a model. Note you only have to pay this if yours gets picked and painted and the pics are uploaded. Having your picture up for selection is free. The money will be paid to me though PayPay and will be the prize money at the end.

2. Unless the owner says otherwise painters can do anything you want to the plastic models(chainsaws, Zombie ect.)

3. Shipping costs for the last one was about 1.29$ so if you want to enter a model you can expect to pay about that much.

3. Any painter may request up to three models(unless not all of them are requested then you can take as many as you dare)

4. The owner of the model will pay for shipping his way and the painter will pay for shipping his way.

5. Any person out side the U.S. needs to say so upfront. If they are entering a model then I will list their country besides their model. If they want to paint a model I'll just ask the models owner if they would be willing. If the person out side the U.S. wants to offer to pay shipping both
ways then that would be great.

6. When the painters take a picture of their model they need to pm me with a name for it.

7 All models get three shots upload, Front, Back, Specialty(something neat or cool about the model).

8. If you(a painter) get busy and fail to paint your model you will be required to pay the owner what he paid to ship it to you.(and you still have to ship it back).

9. Dioramas with other infantry models are allowed. No cavalry, monsters or anything that’s to much bigger then standard infantry though. And you can only use models in the contest. Note that unless the owner has said that you can do whatever you want with the model you should make it so the model can come off of the diorama.

10. All models must be around warhammer size, and all models must be generally around infantry size. Banner bearers and hero's are allowed but no tanks, cavalry or huge monsters. If the model costs more then 30 dollars it probably wont work.

11. You can offer models and go in as a painter. But you may not paint and enter your own models.

Other random notes and bits of information.

1. The owner of the model may offer to send money with the model for the painters shipping. Whether or not he offers this will be listed by the models picture.

2. Some of the people who are entering their models to be painted may want them to match their army or be painted along a certain. If you(the owner of the model) want a specific style then send me the description and I'll post it with the models picture. If just want to list a picture of how you would like it painted/based then you can send it to me and I'll upload it. Then I'll post a link next to the models description. If painters are interested in that model they can just click on the link. Please don't be too restrictive though because the painter may not use games workshop's paints and we have to leave some room for creativity(otherwise it's no fun).

4. Here's how the payment will work, if your model is picked then you will mail the package to the painter. If your model is picked and painted you will send five dollars to me though PayPal. When a winner is picked then I'll then distribute the prizes. Note that you will not have to pay the five dollars until the models are listed. Then I'll start collecting the money and by the time there's a winner I should have it all together and can send it right out to the winners. How much the prizes are will depend on how many people have models painted.

5. And the owner will also have the choice to post request a gloss coat, matte coate, none.

6. If a painter has less than ten feedback I will tell the owner so and it will be his choice to do so or not.

Okay that's that. So guys can start pouring in their pics. For anyone who hasn't seen the results of the last one they are right here,

And for anyone to lazy here's are some pics from the last two.

Well let's get to it and as a bigger incentive to the painters I will here announce that the person who won the contest last time won both first and second place. And then notified me that he wanted to donate the entire sum to be tacked onto the prize for this one. So let's see those entries.
LOOK OUT FOR THAT HAMMER!!!!!!

1. Less refs you'll probably have to ship first,
2. Please pm me even if a simple no. I will always try to do the same for you
3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

BAD traders: Haven't found any yet
Amazing traders: Grimdisco
Awaiting refs from: hooksy67
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Painting Contest with a Prize 4!

Hey just a side note Historical models are more then welcome. Just make sure they fit the requirements. And one more thing that I forgot to mention is that at the poll at the end everyone will get two votes. That way when theirs one outstanding model we will still get a good spread on the votes.

Thank you,

Benjamin

3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Hey just so you'll know there have been four models entered so there are 16 slots left.

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

5 entries. 15 slots open.

And 3 to 4 painters already signed up and waiting.

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

7 entries and 13 slots open.

And I'm expecting several more entries soon so send them on in if you can.

natsirtm ( 122 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by natsirtm »

Really pumped to get in this time!
I'll have to strip a few more harlequins for the next one - what a perfect mini to have someone go crazy on :)
http://gwpertinent.blogspot.com - A blog to do with all things GW pertinent I'm toying with.
http://terrainfromjunk.blogspot.com - A blog about turning junk into terrain.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

11 entries and 9 slots left.
We are closing in and hopefully the pics should be up on Friday.
I also have many painters that have contacted me asking me to sign them up. So guys lets see if we can get just nine more models. Just remember unless your model is picked, painted, and the pics are uploaded in the poll you don't have to pay a dime. And if they are you only have to pay five bucks. And with models like this getting shipped back to you
Who wants to sit out. I could almost assure you that any person on here has at least one model that is unpainted and probably never will be. Maybe some random model you picked up in a trade and now find you can't get rid of it and don't really want it. I mean, who wouldn't be willing to pay five bucks for the above model?

Benjamin

P.S. I will be out of town until Wednesday evening(But you can still send the pics in :-D ).

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Okay becuase I want a few more models in here I'm opeing it up to decent size cavalry and larger infantry. Still no huge tanks though. Upadate on the models is
16 entries and 4 slots left.

So lets see if we can get just four more.

natsirtm ( 122 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by natsirtm »

I can probably do a cavalry model. But is it ok if I include two horses? One barded, one without barding? I wanna be able to switch this model if needs be.
http://gwpertinent.blogspot.com - A blog to do with all things GW pertinent I'm toying with.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

What exactly do you mean by
I wanna be able to switch this model if needs be.
Do you mean you will include both horses and let the painter chose which one he wants? If so that's fine. Might just be me but the statement seemed unclear.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

He wants to have one rider and 2 horses painted so he can decide how he wants to field the model. Sometimes, he'll use the barded horse, sometimes not.
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Paintbrushturkey »

imho he should be able to but that should count as two miniatures... just because of the amount of additional effort that goes into painting a second mount....
When dealing with me the following applies:
NIB = new in sealed blister
mint = new never stripped may or may not be in blister
assembled = mint assembled miniature
stripped = previously painted, may have minor paint residues
primed = single layer of primer, no obscurement of details
painted = may have one or multiple layers of paint, may be badly stripped with paint residues, pictures are best here
primed and painted minis are assumed to be assembled
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

MagickalMemories wrote:He wants to have one rider and 2 horses painted so he can decide how he wants to field the model. Sometimes, he'll use the barded horse, sometimes not.
Eric
Oh okay, I'm not so sure about that. Either as PBT said it should count as two miniatures or you should just stick to one horse probably. So what you would have to do is enter one horse with rider and then one without. And maybe just perhaps one painter will pick both. So I guess that's choice. Just so everyone knows though I would like to post the minis late Friday. We just need a few more so please send the pics in.

natsirtm ( 122 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by natsirtm »

ok no worries, maybe too complex
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Paintbrushturkey wrote:imho he should be able to but that should count as two miniatures... just because of the amount of additional effort that goes into painting a second mount....
Now, HF1F, these are YOUR babies, so you're welcome to decide as you wish.

IMO, however, PBT has the right idea. Call it 2 minis (so, 2 "entry fees,") and allow him to put a requirement that the same painter take both "models" Additionally, the painter should get TWO entries for voting: Rider with barded horse is one entry, Rider with unbarded horse is the second.... or, he can enter them all as ONE entry if he thinks it increases his chances of winning (doesn't have the horses competing against each other). Painters choice.

Just my thoughts.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”