2%
Void Vulture Standard Bearer
49%

Total votes: 41

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

HonorforONEFilms' Third Painting Challenge Voting Thread

Post by porkuslime »

Once again here are the final entries for all the users on Bartertown to vote on. This time though, users from the site had their models sent to other users. In total their are nine models to chose from so please vote for which one you think is the best. Please also feel free to comment on any of the models or painting styles. Well without further adieu here are the entries

Harliquin shadowseer
Front
Back
Specialty

Void Archangel
Front
Back
Speacialty

Dandy Duelist
Front
Back
Specialty

Blade Maiden
Front
Back
Specialty

Evil Wizard
Front

Dark Angels Banner Bearer
Front
Back
Specialty

Eldar Ranger/Autarch..
Front
Back
Specialty

40K Vindicare Assassin
Front

Void Vulture Standard Bearer
Front
Back
Specialty

Well, there they are! Happy voting and a job well done to the painters.

-HonorforONEfilms
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: HonorforONEFilms' Third Painting Challenge Voting Thread

Post by MagickalMemories »

Things I think I think:

1) There are a number of decent miniatures in this batch.
2) There are two that (IMO) stand out head and shoulders above the rest.
3) One of these is just going to run away with the victory. I can't wait to see who the painter is.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HonorforONEFilms »

Wow, the Void Vulture Standard Bearer has definitely taken the early lead. I agree with you MM that a few stand above the rest. I just wish the painter of the Dandy Duelist could have picked a better model, but he joined kinda late. Even though some are obviously better than other this is most assuredly the best batch of entries yet. Every one of them is painted very well. Some being astonishingly brilliant. I know that the owners of the models are very happy at this point.

All the unpainted and unconverted models can be viewed here.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=97934&start=0

Benjamin
LOOK OUT FOR THAT HAMMER!!!!!!

1. Less refs you'll probably have to ship first,
2. Please pm me even if a simple no. I will always try to do the same for you
3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

BAD traders: Haven't found any yet
Amazing traders: Grimdisco
Awaiting refs from: hooksy67
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

WOW I really like the Void Vulture Standard Bearer, good job to all
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Okay it looks like short of divine intervention the Void Vulture Standard Bearer has the clear wins. I'm also happy to announce that we have over twice the amount of votes that we've ever had before. So I think that for the next contest I'll bump up the entire price. Considering the quality that these are coming back as how much would you'll pay for this? I still want to keep it inexpensive so how about five dollars a model? Remembering that you only pay this if your model is painted and the pics are uploaded.

Also I think that for the next then I'll ask the mods to set it so you can have two votes. That way when their is one that is clearly the best we will get some more secondary votes. Second place should be much more disputed.

And I think that their should be should be a penalty of some sort for not having the model in on time and painted. Probably just the painter having to pay the price of shipping that the owner had to pay.

Anyway theirs lots of time to think this over because the contest will not be listed until January. Oh wait... it's the 14th already?... Oh dear...

Benjamin

3. PLEASE tell me what edition your warhammer stuff is! If you say you have a model and don't specify people assume you mean a seven edition. Not a worthless fourth edition.

HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Well that's that.
First Place goes to The Void Vulture Standard Bearer
Second Place goes to The Eldar Ranger/Autarch
And Third to the Dandy Duelist
Almost all the owners have their models back and are very happy and I hope that all the painters have enjoyed the break up of their routine and the prize money to those that won it. I'm also happy to announce that the first and second place prize both went to the same painter who then express his want to donate all of the prize money to go in the pot for the next one. I will also be raising the entry fee in the next one in hopes to see some better models and some better turnout(not that this one wasn't that good). Hopefully with the publicity gained from this one we should have a good turnout next time with hopefully a full 20 models listed. Well I am sure looking forward to it and you'll can all ready your models and your paint brushes for January first. In fact if some of you'll want to go ahead and sent in pics of models that you'd like to enter you can go ahead and start gathering, uploading, and sending them now. If any of the painters would like to comment on the other paint jobs or ask questions or say which one they did they may now do.

Well, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Benjamin

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I would, very much, like to know who painted what.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HonorforONEFilms ( 22 )
Journeyman Trader

Alrighty then here is the list.

darkchampion painted the Evil Wizard(wish he could of had a better model :'( )
Languin painted the Dandy Duelist(as stated above :'( )
DMan painted the 40K Vindicare Assassin
grimdisco painted the Void Archangel, Blade Maiden, and the Harliquin shadowseer
darkwolf3772 painted the Dark Angels Banner Bearer
AntnolArts painted the Eldar Ranger/Autarch and the Void Vulture Standard Bearer

So congrats to Languin and AntolArts for their excellent job and I really hope that Languin and darkchampion can get some better models. And maybe darkwolf3772 could scrounge up a better camera. And as an aside note my sincere apologies to grimdisco who painted not three but four models. The fourth(in all the rush) was somehow forgotten and I did not put the pics in the final contest. Again my apologies and here is the model that was not listed.
And while grimdisco's model may not have won just the fact that he painted four model that good in a week is pretty good. And he did do it in a week, I allowed two and he sent me the pics in one. So so far I think that(almost) every model that has been turned in has been pretty amazing or at least very well done. Definitely worth three dollars.

So I think we can pretty safely say that in January we should see some of the best quality yet. I've had several more well know people ask me to sign them up for the painters and several from previous contest that did well who did not take part in this one. Even in this one we sent out every model and even had one that was never listed sent out. of course not all of them made it to the final judging but things come up. And if it isn't in the finals you don't have to pay for it. So I'm looking forward to the next one. And maybe in February or March we can do something a little different.

Benjamin

Return to “Past Contests”