It is I, Be Not Afraid

Only Garden Ninja Painting Studio Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

It is I, Be Not Afraid

Post by gardenninja »

This is my very first foray into religious artwork- so long as we aren't counting Paladins, Clerics, Menite scrutators, avenging angels of destruction, Saints of the Imperium, ancient Greek religious icons... well, you know- stuff.

This is a statue by Angela Johnson that I painted up (she also sculpted a larger than life size version in bronze that'll be in the Thanskgiving Point gardens).

Overall, I was really taken by the expression she got on him, and I really wanted to make that work in the painting. It isn't all the time that we see a Jesus be so expressive.

I also posted him up to CMON for those of you who care to vote. I'm honestly really wondering what the meta is like for religious art over there.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: It is I, Be Not Afraid

Post by MagickalMemories »

REALLY well done. The robes just pop, man.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Re: It is I, Be Not Afraid

Post by gardenninja »

Thanks.

It is sometimes tricky to pull off white like that- I messed around with it for a while to get it working.

Return to “Garden Ninja Painting Studio”