Clarification - wording for Rule 4 update.

Check here for proposed changes to the website. Stay On Target with your comments!

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3028 )
Gentleman Sadist

Clarification - wording for Rule 4 update.

Post by porkuslime » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:39 am

We will be changing and updating the wording for Rule 4 this week. Currently it reads..
Rule #4: Ad format: Use a proper DESCRIPTIVE Title & Content
If you want to post your ad in multiple relevant forums, which is good, then please title your ad appropriately.

Good example: "Have Eldar and Tau, want to trade for Dark Elves and Empire." This will fit NICELY in the 40K and Fantasy sections!

Bad example: "Have Eldar and Tau." If this shows up in the fantasy section, it will be nuked!
Another BAD example: "Have stuff."

Rule 4a: You are also responsible for accurately describing all items that you are trading or selling.
That includes version, condition, assembly status, converted or not, painted or not, any missing pieces and any other information you think might be helpful. Failure to do so may result in the other party filing a Backout Trader or Bad Trader report against you.
We will be adding this sentence to the above, just above the Rule 4a section, past the "Bad Example".

Ads that list inappropriate trade items for the forum they are in, will be moved or removed by Staff, and after multiple violations will result in Board Warnings at the Staff Members option.

This change is up for commenting for 5 days, and should go live on the weekend of Nov 6, 2010.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

MagickalMemories ( 794 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Clarification - wording for Rule 4 update.

Post by MagickalMemories » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:50 am

Worst.
Idea.
Evar.

I think we should just get rid of all rules and run rampant however we want.

Heck, let's get rid of all the staff, too. They don't do anything but harrass people who don't follow the rules (which shouldn't even be here), anyway!

(Read: I agree)

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

MaximumTaco ( 64 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by MaximumTaco » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I read that and was confused for a moment - it sounded like it meant if your ad contains any items that don't match the forum you're posting in it would be removed. Not that it's impossible to figure out or anything, just stumbled on it for a couple of seconds. Would it make more sense to reverse the phrasing?

I.e., instead of "Ads that list inappropriate trade items for the forum they are in, will be moved or removed by Staff, and after multiple violations will result in Board Warnings at the Staff Members option."

could say: "Ads that don't include any appropriate trade items for the forum they are in will be moved or removed by Staff, and after multiple violations will result in Board Warnings at the Staff Members option."

Might just be the lack of coffee that confused me the first time :)
-Daniel
Positive References owed to me: Ohiowargamer

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:46 am

Ads that do not contain trade items appropriate for the forum that they are posted in may be deleted or moved. Repeated, multiple violations will be treated as Spam, and result in Board Warnings or Suspension.

Easier and cleaner.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!

Plarz ( 324 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 pm

JohnHwangBT wrote:Ads that do not contain trade items appropriate for the forum that they are posted in may be deleted or moved. Repeated, multiple violations will be treated as Spam, and result in Board Warnings or Suspension.

Easier and cleaner.
I think an example would drive the point home.

ie. "Have Eldar, want High Elves and paintball gear" fits in 40k, Fantasy and Paintball, but has no place in the Privateer Press section.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Threadomancy much? Look at the last post date, Plarz.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Plarz ( 324 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Ha, sorry. I don't venture outside the PP trading forum much. The new discussion area has caused me to explore more of the site.

I guess I should just stay in my cave and play with my toys, eh? Small brain, big thumb. :)
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 am

Nah, just check the post date every now and then. :wink:
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

Return to “Public Comments on Proposed Changes”