Upcoming Predator Front Armor Upgrade

Only Chapterhouse Studios Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
nvillacci ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Upcoming Predator Front Armor Upgrade

Post by nvillacci »

We have a bone to pick with GW :) The predator kit uses the same front armor as the dinky rhino which is armor 11 vs 13. So we decided to fix this little problem. We took the design to a 3D application and are working up a new front panel.

Now I think this will be a single piece once it is prototyped and will fit on the front where the regular rhino panel fits, and we also want to include some strips of reactive armor plating so you can put them wherever you want (and cut to size), this could be the turret or along the sides.

What do you guys think, if you look at the graphic, you can see how the detail is built upon from left to right. There is still room for some details to be added, but nothing drastic, so suggestions cant hurt.

Now this is an old school rehash of the old predator panel on the old Mk Rhino chassis. This will be scaled to fit the newer rhino chassis for Heresy Era armies, its pretty basic, but then again thats old school for you.
Again it fits in place on the current front panel area.

Again suggestions?

Lots of new stuff coming out for the design table and your critiques!

Thanks guys,
Nick
check my bartertown referencesHERE!
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Upcoming Predator Front Armor Upgrade

Post by gwaddict »

I like bulk added to the first one but dont really care for the way the window looks, maybe having it come out at the same angle as the rhino window screen... Or I could just have no idea what I am talking about :-D
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
wookieegunner ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Upcoming Predator Front Armor Upgrade

Post by wookieegunner »

I agree about the window. Having it parallel to the slope of the tank makes it look odd because anyone looking through it wouldn't be able to see the road ahead of them.
By trading with me you agree that all signature based trade rules are not in force. If it isn't in the PM thread then it doesn't apply.

Return to “Chapterhouse Studios - The only source for custom casting and bits”