Kevin Dudgeon - Multi-accounter & accused of scamming

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Kevin Dudgeon - Multi-accounter & accused of scamming

Post by MagickalMemories »

This guy's been accused of scamming elsewhere (more on this later).
Prompted by these allegations, I looked into Kevin and discovered that he was working ultiple accounts here:

BlackToothGrin's profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=50096
Email: sullydamek@yahoo.com

GodSized's profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=49922
Email: stitchedtogether@hotmail.co.uk

GodSized's references (He has only one. Guess who it's from):
ref_view.php?user_id=49922

But, wait. There's more.

I received the following email of his that he's using in scams on other sites:
Mirrors_Truth@hotmail.co.uk

Looky looky:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16790
Also:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 0618352054
On DakkaDakka:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/us ... 39782.page
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/us ... /8940.page
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/us ... 39782.page
Kevin William Dudgeon
20 Kier Hardie Street
Highfield
Rowlands Gill
NE39 2DF

Now, you MAY be thinking that this is a lot to post about someone who is only guilty of multi-accounting on Bartertown. You might even be right in that case.
So, I give you THIS:

The following is a link to a "Back out" report. In our experience, users with a lot of back outs can often end up as scammers. What happens is; they try to arrange a bunch of trades and agree to every trade they get. Whoever sends stuff to them first gets hosed. Often, if someone insists that HE sends first, the suspected scammer will cancel the deal or just stop communicating.
Sometimes, they "agree" to ship first, but nothing ever arrives from them and they stop responding. They do this because, on occasion, their trade aprtner will just go ahead and send their own side, feeling comfortable because the guy verbally agreed to ship first.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=87074&p=169418#p169401

Another:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=87558&p=180600&hil ... es#p170525

Another:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=87074&start=15&hilit=dead+memories

This is actually a Bad Trader Report:
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=88308&p=172284#p172284

Considering the above, I have no qualms about sharing information about him on other sites, where he actually IS accused of these nasty deeds:
I'm posting to warn you about the user BlackToothGrin that some users are attempting to trade with. He is a well known bad trader in the UK and is currently the subject of many PayPal disputes due to fraudulent activity. Please refer to the following posts on TWF and WarSeer for more information.

Original thread on TWF: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97637

Warning thread: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98391

Attempted second thread under a new username: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98616

Original thread on WarSeer: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... lem-Trades
So, there you are, boys and girls.
Bad guy. Be careful. You've been warned.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Kevin Dudgeon - Multi-accounter & accused of scamming

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I'll add to this. I had a very large trade started with this guy some time before. I can't remember why we stopped, but it felt... not the best. Someone being bad about communicating, with hundreds of dollars of stuff isn't someone I really trusted.

Here's another email address to add to the warning list:
Kev Dudgeon <jacobshock@hotmail.co.uk>

Glad I backed out :/
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Freylis ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Freylis »

Also see this report: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=154402

You can add Bleeding Through and KevinDudgeon@live.co.uk to the list.
(Not So) Small Print
I'm based in the UK but will trade internationally if cost or size isn't prohibitive. Pending offers will only be held for 48 hours. I accept payment via PayPal or cash on collection. Items to be posted using whatever method you specify; no postage or packing costs are included in the prices above. Once the item is in transit I cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
BTown Regular

Post by AvatarForm »

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been waiting on a package I paid £200 for til now.

David 'Andersen' used the paypal of BlackToothGrin's and I have filed a PayPal claim as David is yet to provide tracking details and no item has arrived.

I would appreciate any and all assistance from Mods and others in providing evidence in the correct manner in order to succeed in my PayPal refund.

This is because I have never been required to proceed with such a claim before.
It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me (within reason).
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

IIRC, basically you should have all the relevant info you can provide.

Things that will screw you (i.e. what paypal doesn't protect against)

-if you wait too long
-if it's electronic media being purchased
-if he's already withdrawn the cash (yes. paypal acts like a bank, except when someone owes money to someone other than paypal, in which case, they don't do anything :/

You should have a pretty good case, but paypal is less than helpful at times.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
BTown Regular

Post by AvatarForm »

spiralingcadaver wrote:IIRC, basically you should have all the relevant info you can provide.

Things that will screw you (i.e. what paypal doesn't protect against)

-if you wait too long
-if it's electronic media being purchased
-if he's already withdrawn the cash (yes. paypal acts like a bank, except when someone owes money to someone other than paypal, in which case, they don't do anything :/

You should have a pretty good case, but paypal is less than helpful at times.
Not electronoc.media.
Not past 45day window for claims- 16days after payment.

If he had withdrawn funds, Buyer Protection should be in effect.
It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me (within reason).
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

So you think. They will place a hold on his account and retrieve money that is placed in it. They won't retrieve money from his linked account.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
BTown Regular

Post by AvatarForm »

Stanislav wrote:So you think. They will place a hold on his account and retrieve money that is placed in it. They won't retrieve money from his linked account.
So, PayPals claims at Buyer Protection are lies???
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

i'm sure there is some way they can twist the words, but in truth...yes. If the scammer removes the money from the paypal account, all they will do is wave their fist at him behind a glass door. Pretty ineffectual. I believe their ebay dealings are a bit different, as in they have some bite to go with the bark.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
BTown Regular

Post by AvatarForm »

Stanislav wrote:i'm sure there is some way they can twist the words, but in truth...yes. If the scammer removes the money from the paypal account, all they will do is wave their fist at him behind a glass door. Pretty ineffectual. I believe their ebay dealings are a bit different, as in they have some bite to go with the bark.
https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main. ... _help&m=BT

Im going to hope for the best and that the pessimists are incorrect.

Since David was.non-responsive to PMs before his banning here, I trust this thread and other facts are sufficient for a full refund.

Anyone know what "keeps PayPal account in good standing" from a Buyer's end means?
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

ebay owns paypal. they are effectively 1 in the same.

paypal has started a new policy, that they sometimes withold money in accounts, in case of fraud or potential fraud. [possibly just with ebay sales.] If you mark th itme as a gift you get no protection. If you mark it as paying for merchandise, it has more fees, but you might get protection.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

Not going to argue over semantics, the retrieval process has not exchanged. Doesn't matter if it was marked personal or not, they will not retrieve money that isn't in the account. This is the wrong forum to be discussing it in anyway. Avatarform, I would start a topic in General Discussion or Bartertown Questions, wrong place for us to be talking about this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Stanislav wrote:This is the wrong forum to be discussing it in anyway. Avatarform, I would start a topic in General Discussion or Bartertown Questions, wrong place for us to be talking about this.
You know, I was about to say this very thing. It's called threadjacking.

Stanislav wrote:Not going to argue over semantics, the retrieval process has not exchanged. Doesn't matter if it was marked personal or not, they will not retrieve money that isn't in the account.

Not totally correct. I've seen it done.
When the other thread is started, I'll go into details.

@AvatarForm
Was that a BTown trade? Somewhere else?
What was his User ID?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
BTown Regular

Post by AvatarForm »

MagickalMemories wrote: @AvatarForm
Was that a BTown trade? Somewhere else?
What was his User ID?

Eric
Godsized - here on BT

Seller's Name: David Anderson
Seller's Email: SullyDamek@yahoo.com

Claim is in process.
brian mage ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by brian mage »

Please could someone confirm if the Facebook profile link is working - it doesn't work for me, which makes me think he has already managed to find me on facebook and block me.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”