jamescjohnstone/edmontonwarhammer/Extremoth

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

jamescjohnstone/edmontonwarhammer/Extremoth

Post by MagickalMemories »

James C Johnstone AKA Chris Johnstone

jamescjohnstone@hotmail.com
edmontonwarhammer@gmail.com
20 Elbow Place
St Albert, AB
Canada
T8N 6X3
As jamescjohnstone, he has a -26 ref. Edmontonwarhammer was created to avoid the rating. As of today, he also has one unresolved BTR against him.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: jamescjohnstone/edmontonwarhammer/Extremoth

Thanks to the dilligence of some BTown members, information on this dishonorable trader has been retrieved.
Unsurprisingly, he's violated BTown's rules and started a new account:

Extremoth
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47525
extremoth@gmail.com

7804 92 ave
Edmonton Alberta
T6c1r5

Be warned. This guy is BAD NEWS.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
tedwin183 ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by tedwin183 »

I actually just made a trade with this guy. He sent me Behemoth and the Winterguard Riflecorp from Khador. He shipped first and I have received the models. I'm shipping him the models he agreed to trade for now. He may have broken the rules, but he's not a thief or anything.
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

Tedwin, that's great...but someone who has made 3 accounts...isn't just the possibility of going rogue, it's WHEN he does.

Blatant disregard of the rules does not inspire confidence. That he had a hiccup in trading calls for a negative reference. As a trader, you have to just take that as it happens. Making another account to avoid that...bad juju. His place here has been earned, and others should be warned.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

tedwin183 wrote:I actually just made a trade with this guy. He sent me Behemoth and the Winterguard Riflecorp from Khador. He shipped first and I have received the models. I'm shipping him the models he agreed to trade for now. He may have broken the rules, but he's not a thief or anything.
Have you done your research on him before posting this message?

I'm thinking not, or you'd see that he has an open BTR report on him. According to the BTR, the promised items have STILL not been recieved.
How does that NOT qualify him as being a thief?

Does it change your opinion to know that I've had an intermittent, ongoing email conversation with the man since his banning? He's claimed that he's owed items buy other traders and wanted access to his PM's so he could prove it. He knew he was banned permanently but that, to help him, I intended on letting him back in to his PM's *only*, once the above trade was received by the person to whom it was due.
Instead, he went behind our backs almost immediately and broke our rules by starting a new account.

That does not exactly scream "honorable individual" to me! Present facts point to "untrustworthy," and "thief" to me!

Eric

squalie ( 462 )
Resident Trader

Post by squalie »

I had a trade going with Edmonton Warhammer when he got banned and now, coincidentally, I have a trade going with "Extremoth" that I foind was null/void when I logged in today.

Do I post the pm history in here? I couldn't find examples of that searching this particular forum. We made an agreement and I won't know if he made good until a few more days at least. Since we hadn't got to the point where he gave me his return address, do I have to send my part if I get something in the mail?
As of Sept 1/2010, I will charge actual shipping fees based on size and weight of package using the Canada Post website. Canadian shipping fees can be significant and I can no longer ignore the expense. Thank you for your understanding.
DO NOT SHIP UPS! Brokerage fees are criminal...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

squalie wrote:I had a trade going with Edmonton Warhammer when he got banned and now, coincidentally, I have a trade going with "Extremoth" that I foind was null/void when I logged in today.

Do I post the pm history in here? I couldn't find examples of that searching this particular forum. We made an agreement and I won't know if he made good until a few more days at least. Since we hadn't got to the point where he gave me his return address, do I have to send my part if I get something in the mail?
You do not need to post the PM history at all.
You made a trade agreement. At this point, I would suggest that (a) you use one of the email addresses above to contact him or (b) wait a reasonable time (a week is reasonable) to see if you receive something - presuming he was sending first.
If you get something in the mail and don't send your part or return his items, you are stealing and commiting mail fraud. If you send the items back but do not pay him for his shipping costs it would be rather dishonorable, since he DID send his portion.

Eric

XBoxDude79 ( 430 )
Expert Trader

Post by XBoxDude79 »

Interesting issue here, I also had just completed trade negotiations with this gentleman for some WM items. I'll contact him via the e-mail address' given and see if he still plans on sending (or has sent all readY). I didn't see the BTR on him though, unfortunately. I'll post with updates as I get them.

XBD
Lower rating? You ship or pay first. PP fees are buyers responsibility.
skull boy ( 216 )
Resident Trader

Post by skull boy »

I am still waiting on him to send out his end of our deal. Hopefully he will come through. He has been in contact with me via private email since his ban. I will keep you updated.
XBoxDude79 ( 430 )
Expert Trader

Post by XBoxDude79 »

This guy backed out on our trade, anyone who is waiting on items from this guy, I hope you didn't send first/simultaneous.
Lower rating? You ship or pay first. PP fees are buyers responsibility.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

So start a Back Out Report on him.. but adding to the Hall of Shame post is discouraged.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
tedwin183 ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by tedwin183 »

No, I didn't look at the BTR. He offered me a trade, I told him he needed to ship first since he had a lower rating than me and he did. Granted, I got everything in a soft shipping bag, the models almost completely destroyed...but he sent them.

I just emailed him with his hotmail email to see if he responds. Hopefully he responds.

Thanks for all the posts here.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Please, folks.
No more anecdotes in this thread. If you need to report something, there are 2 forums for doing that.

Thank you.

Eric

Return to “The Hall of Shame”