Backout: SirBrokenSword

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

noexit1982 ( 18 )
Resident Trader

Backout: SirBrokenSword

Post by noexit1982 »

SirBrokenSword contacted me to trade his Eldar for my Trollbloods.

Despite my post saying "I won't break it up for any reason," he asked me to break it up, and I agreed, letting him pick which miniatures he wanted out, which I obliged.

I looked over the prices for a few days, asked a few questions, which he answered and told him I was happy with his offer and I was getting a box and packaging together. I asked for his address, which he then provided.

This occurred over several days, which he checked in on me, and I updated him I was traveling and working, but all was well and his items would be sent in the next few days when the weekend came. There was some issue with his messages not coming through to my account messaging here, so I gave him my phone number and personal email as well.

He replied: "No worries! I just hadn't heard in a while. I understand work getting crazy."

A day later He wrote: "Hey, I've had some stuff come up. I was made a cash offer for the Eldar, and I really need the cash. I think I need to take the cash to cover some expenses. I hope that doesn't put you out too much."

I told him it did, and I was very disappointed. He read those responses and never replied back after a week.

If you value someone at their word, I can't recommend you trade with SirBrokenSword based on my dealing with him. He knowingly let down me and my gaming group.

He let us down and made his problems mine. I am sorry he ever contacted me and got my hopes up only to go back on his word.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Backout: SirBrokenSword

Post by 3eland »

As per the rules for filing a BTR/Backout, please re-post your PM history with the appropriate headers.

It should look similar to this:

Sent: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm
To: Person B

<Message>

- Thanks
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”