Backout: cbtmed101

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Bonzii ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Backout: cbtmed101

Post by Bonzii »

Well I don't like having to do this, but need to give people a heads up about things like this so that they can make sure this person is the one that sends first if they are making a trade with him.
Communication started out great, but after an agreement was made I have only recieved one message (there are two, but it's an exact duplicate sent 3 mins later) with an excuse that is plausable, and another estimated shipping date. The second estimated shipping date he gave in that last message has also been missed and there has been no response since, even though he has logged in to check the messages and saw the Notice that I sent him with enough time to be able to ship and let me know that he has shipped.

cbtmed101's messages are in blue, and mine (Bonzii) are in Purple, with message breaks in black X-X-X's

Re: H:Gatormen and Skorne W: Circle
Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:17 am
by Bonzii

Are those Wrasslers metal or the new plastic sculpt?

I would be interested in some of your gators if you would be interested in taking:
(15) Wild Argus - Primer
(55) Tharn Bloodtrackers – Painted
(12) UA Nuala – Painted
( 8 ) Druid Wilder - Assembled
(25) Gallows grove (pair) - Painted, This item will be discounted, its missing the hanging bits and the paint is not wonderful.

Subject: H:Gatormen and Skorne W: Circle

cbtmed101 wrote:
Hello all. Making space in the nerd cave. I have no problem shipping first and will do everything I can to ensure a good trade. I dont mind splitting up the groups all I ask is that we trade for a handfull of modles because shipping just one or two models adds up.

H:
GATORMEN
2 x Wrassler painted
1 x Bull Snapper painted
1 x Bone swarm primed
1 x Thrulg a little paint
min unit Gatormen Posse painted
Max unit Ambushers primed
2 x Croak hunters

Skorne all just assembled
1 x Bronze back
1 x Sentry Titan
1 x Gladiator titan
1 x Rasheth
2 x Baby tortured titan solo (can't remeber name)
min unit beast handlers
2 x task masters

WANT:
New circle box set
1 of each warpwolf (except Ghetorix)
1 0f each Argus
2 x black clad wayfarer
1 x Druids with oversear
1 unit of max reeves with solos and attachments if possible
1 x celestial fulcrum
1 x woldwrath
Kromac 2
Spooky tree Caster
spooky tree solos
Sentry stone and manikans
4 x scarsfell griffons (will trade in your favor for these)

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:57 am
by cbtmed101

Thank you for the reply. Yes they are metal and nicely painted in such a way that with a little dry brushing and inking the modles would really pop. Unfortunatly with the exception of the gallows groves there is nothing else I need at this time. (I just got the argus) However If you have other modles particulary warpwolfs and reeves I will trade heavily in your favor. Thanky you again.

AJ

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:50 am
by cbtmed101

just out of criousity what would you want for the tharn and gallows groves.

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:55 pm
by Bonzii

I have Max FA of the units and the solos. But if we could find a way for me to take all the beasts I would take them all off your hands so that you aren't left trying to move a single minion warbeast without any casters or other support.

At least the solos and units could be traded along with the skorne models you have.

Would that help you out?

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:27 pm
by cbtmed101

We can definitely work something out. I also added more beasts to the trade block if you re-read the post. Please write out exactly what you have and what you would like for the trade because I was originally only under the impression you had one unit of tharn bloodtrackers and UA. Thank you for your time.

AJ

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:45 pm
by Bonzii

Re-read your updated post, that's a bit different than the first one.

My extra circle models are:
Tharn Bloodtrackers + UA
Gallows Grove (Pair)
Druid Wilder
Pureblood Warpwolf
Wild Argus
Kaya the Wildborne

Total MSRP: Appox $160

Minion Models of yours I would be interested in:
2x Blackhide Wrastler
Boneswarm
Bull Snapper
Swamp Horror

Total MSRP: Appox $146

Willing to trade in your favor this way because the Gallows Grove (pair) is missing the hanging bits and the paint is not wonderful on them at all.

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:04 am
by cbtmed101

I can do the bloodtrackers and groves for the 2 wrasslers and bullsnapper. I have all the other models already.

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 am
by Bonzii

Your offer is in my favor by a bit (about $7), as the groves are missing a couple pieces and being traded in "As is" condition, it would be more fair to you if the deal was:
1x Wrastler, 1 Bull snapper, and 1x Swamp horror in exchange for Bloodtrackers +UA and Gallows Grove (Pair)

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:48 am
by cbtmed101

It would have to be the wrasslers. My swamp horror is part of the army trade lot and I believe already spoken for. I actually had 4 wrasslers. 2 in my first paint scheme which I would be trading to you and the two I dip painted which go with the swamp horror.

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:56 am
by Bonzii

If your offer:
cbtmed101 wrote:
I can do the bloodtrackers and groves for the 2 wrasslers and bullsnapper. I have all the other models already.

is fine with you, then it's fine with me. Just want to confirm you know the groves are in an "As is" state. All the branches are there, but the hanging bits were gone before I ever received them.

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:58 am
by cbtmed101

no worries

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:15 am
by Bonzii

Okay, well then my address is:

Steven K.
(Removed address)

As you have the lower rating that will mean you will be shipping first.
Have you shipped to Canada before?
I find it best when sending things across the border to use USPS/Canada Post. The couriers rates are not as favorable as our countries regular postal outlets.
I do usually try to save us both a few dollars by being patient and using a slower shipping method, if you would prefer to receive things faster, we can use faster priority service, but it's a fair bit more expensive.
When filling out the customs documents I list the contents as "used toys" this usually keeps the govt from taxing the shipments as tax has already been paid on used goods. I put the value at half MSRP, as that is what we would get if we were selling the items, in this case $50.

Have you got any other questions for me?

What is your mailing address? (I like to get things packed up right away so that they are ready to ship as soon as I receive what you send)

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:18 am
by cbtmed101

AJ Fullerton
255 hillandale rd
spring lake NC 28390

I will try to get these out by Monday.

Sent: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:13 pm
by Bonzii

Hello AJ, have you gotten the models into the mail yet?

Sent: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:25 pm
by Bonzii

So, it's now the end of wednesday and I haven't heard from you, and you haven't been on to check the last message I sent you. I am wondering if you have sent the items or forgotten about this trade?

Sent: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:19 pm
by Bonzii

Most people send a message after the minis have been sent to let the trader they are working with know the items are in the mail. You haven't done this or even logged in to check your messages since last Friday, that's a whole week now.

Beginning to wonder if you are backing out of this trade? Or if something else happened to you, I will try to find you on facebook.

Sent: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:41 pm
by cbtmed101

I was notified last weekend that a childhood friend of mine had passed away. I left immediatly to help his family through their time of need. I just returned home and will get the modles out probably on Monday. I will send you a message as soon as I ship them out.

Sent: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:44 pm
by cbtmed101

I was notified last weekend that a childhood friend of mine had passed away. I left immediatly to help his family through their time of need. I just returned home and will get the modles out probably on Monday. I will send you a message as soon as I ship them out.

Sent: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:03 pm
by Bonzii

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Life things happen, when they do happen its courteous to log in and give your trading partner a heads up about the delay. It's understandable to not be able to get things packed up properly and make the trip down to the post office, but it's always possible to log in quickly and give someone a two line reason for the delay:
A close friend passed away, out of town for the week. Be back soon.
Likely reply:
My condolences, take your time, let me know when you're back home. Thanks for letting me know!!

People will be very accomodating if they are kept in the loop, there are multiple examples in the backout/deadbeat and BTR sections on this site where a quick message to let someone know whats up could have saved a lot of hassle.

Sent: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 pm
by Bonzii

NOTICE
If you can't have the models mailed out by tomorrow Wednesday November 30th of 2016, and have sent me the tracking number to prove this I will consider it as you are backing out of this trade.
My apologies for needing to give you a deadline, but you have to understand that I can't be expected to wait around for you.
"Cryx is simply misunderstood by most of the rest of Immorean, it does not wish to expand or conquer the world, its goal is to simply heal a dragons broken heart."

--This message brought to you by the Skell ministry of Tourism.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout: cbtmed101

Post by MagickalMemories »

Whether you intended it or not, your lesson to him on how he should have handled it came off as condescending.
FWIW, if you did that to me, I'd back out and accept whatever came my way. That might be the p.o.v. he's taken.
Then again, I'd have replied to tell you I'd canceled, at least, though.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Bonzii ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bonzii »

It wasn't meant to be condescending. If you check his ratings he is at a 10, so that's 5 trades but the last one was done back in 2012. He has kind of been away for awhile.
"Cryx is simply misunderstood by most of the rest of Immorean, it does not wish to expand or conquer the world, its goal is to simply heal a dragons broken heart."

--This message brought to you by the Skell ministry of Tourism.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Bonzii wrote:It wasn't meant to be condescending. If you check his ratings he is at a 10, so that's 5 trades but the last one was done back in 2012. He has kind of been away for awhile.
I believe you. Please, don't take that as an accusation. It was meant more as an "FYI" kind of statement.
I'm just saying that "tone" can't be heard on internet postings and, with the particular way your worded the PM, it "reads" more easily as condescending than it does as helpful advice.
You clearly DO appear to be justified in posting this.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”