Deadbeat/black out TubbyNinja

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Deadbeat/black out TubbyNinja

Post by larks »

New Trader Appears not to understand time limits or the appropriate response of just letting someone know they no longer wish to complete a trade. Like a girl you no longer want to date you just stop responding to her texts... Tubby listed a date he was going to pay me and then said it will be a different date then just sent nothing and never responded to my message. What follows are our conversations. Please be aware of this user and if dealing with him ask for prompt payment or cancel the transaction. Very disappointing considering I even worked with him on doing installment payments for the items. (its my first time using quotes so I may need to go back and do a copy paste)
TubbyNinja wrote:Sry man, worked a double yesterday and and today. I will send the funds as soon as I get back to the house.
larks wrote:Hey just wondering if everything sent ok?
TubbyNinja wrote:Awesome, as soon as I get off work Fri afternoon I will send $ and a message verifying payment
larks wrote:With shipping it looks like it came to $70 for the grand total. If that works for you the first 35$ can be sent to
matthewschen@yahoo.com
TubbyNinja wrote:Oh awesome! I am in Williston, FL 32696
larks wrote:Thats fine. They are yours then. Whats your shipping info and I'll get you a price. I just lowered them a little bit so it may be even less then what the old price for them was.
TubbyNinja wrote:I can do 50% this Friday and the other next Friday. I am just trying to find the best bang for my buck. I have 1200 point army right now but desperately need more.
larks wrote:I really would. What kind of payments would you like? I can do 2 payments of 50% or 3 payments of 40% , 30% , 30% if you wanted? You would just need to send the payments paypal and mark it as gift so i dont get knocked any fees if that works for you?
TubbyNinja wrote:I am interested in your space wolf lot. I am just getting back into 40k and I was wondering if you really would do payments on them?
larks wrote:So... If you dont want the wolves let me know please .
sincerely,

Matt
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Deadbeat/black out TubbyNinja

Post by larks »

For some reason the last pm I sent is at the bottom but besides that it looks right
sincerely,

Matt
Haight ( 422 )
Intarweb Batman

Post by Haight »

You should include the message headers (the date, sent by, etc.).
My Rules:

1) I accept paypal. Offers good for 24 hours.

2) My "$$ XYZ shipped" lot costs are only valid for continental United States. HI/AK and international shipping costs will be born by buyer. This will be reiterated in PM.

3) I only ship on Saturdays.

4) Trades: lower rating sends first. Sales: buyer pays first.

5) Don't waste either of our time, Read the Whole Ad.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Haight is correct.

As per the rules for filing a BTR/Back-out, please re-post your PM history with the appropriate headers.

It should look similar to this:

Sent: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm
To: Person B

<Message>
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by larks »

I literally just deleted the messages due to being 3 pages deep of pms.. Not sure if there is a way to recover them? This is the first time posting a blackout report.
sincerely,

Matt
Haight ( 422 )
Intarweb Batman

Post by Haight »

We're allowed 15 pages of PM's, as an FYI, so you should keep more than 3 pages. You should also *never* delete anything until its complete and either you've both left feedback, or the (for lack of better phrase) statute of limitations on filing a BTR has elapsed.

Just a PSA. I have stuff from literally years ago from grey trades. I can probably get rid of it, but meh, just in case.

That said, only the admins can say if they can be recovered or not. You as a user cannot. Hopefully you never have another BTR / Backout, but when doing either you need full headers.
My Rules:

1) I accept paypal. Offers good for 24 hours.

2) My "$$ XYZ shipped" lot costs are only valid for continental United States. HI/AK and international shipping costs will be born by buyer. This will be reiterated in PM.

3) I only ship on Saturdays.

4) Trades: lower rating sends first. Sales: buyer pays first.

5) Don't waste either of our time, Read the Whole Ad.
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by larks »

:'( Sorry... I get confused easily and when I have trades going on try not to have more then 2 pages.. I would be happy to redact this post if necessary as again.. new user with zero feedback. More of a warning then me being heartbroken over the trade. I do apologize for the no header thing.
sincerely,

Matt
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Was there any headway on this?

Messages cannot be recovered. You could always ask your trading partner for the messages or check your sent folder.

You should always keep your messages until you are finished with a trade 100%, as things like this may come up (I actually have messages since January 2015 in my inbox!).

If no headers can be attached I will be forced to remove the Backout Thread as per the Bartertown rules :(

Let me know, and definitely check the sent folder.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”