Backout Byte (AKA Pat Cortez)

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Backout Byte (AKA Pat Cortez)

Post by vurumai »

Summary:
I contacted Byte in response to an ad he posted asking if he would be interested in a Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader mini in exchange for some of his items. After an admittedly biased initial offer on my part, we played a game of "you go low and I'll go high" until eventually we came to a compromise. He tacitly consented to ship first in accordance with the implicit and unwritten rule of "lowest ships first" and the explicit and written terms in my signature.

He says he will ship on Monday June 22nd. He PMs that day and says he could not make it to the PO. Fair enough. The next day he says that he has to regrettably has to cancel the trade. I PM him back and ask him if he understand what canceling the trade means in terms of posting a Back Out Report and ask for details (hoping that it was something that we could work out to preserve this trade that has eaten up quite a bit of my free time). He responds with some details about "lung disease and treatment" and seems ok with having a Back Out Report posted. I was skeptical about the excuse and sudden termination after so much hard work hammering out a deal and PMed him back saying that I didn't buy it. While expressing sympathy, I was not a tender and compassionate as I could have been in my tone, but I wanted to point out some holes in his story.

What came back through the tubes was a stream of personal attacks and vitriol that seems to be Mr. Cortez's historically preferred method of dealing with adversity. All constructive communication broke down at this point.

Conclusion:
I am not sure what precisely transpired on Byte's end to cause him to cancel the trade but I am sure that his health status was not at the root. I am unable to conceive of someone so unexpectedly hobbled that they are unable to tape up a box and arrange for its delivery and yet are fully able to PM and conduct other trades. I believe that Byte is fully able to complete the trade but is unwilling to do so.

Original post:
Subject: H:DE Necrons Cents CSM Stormlord farsight bomb IG W:$$Paypal

Byte wrote:
My cap is 45% off retail and that's for $200 or more(with exceptions. Please don't offer 50% or more off retail, I don't have junk and your wasting my time. Check ebay and buy toy soldiers there. Next ridicules offer I get I'll post up as an example of what not to do.

30% off retail unless marked otherwise, Priority to orders over $100, I'll ship. USA only, Maybe Canada but you pay for shipping and please don't complain on how long it takes to get to you(I've had good luck so far).

Thinning the herd.

Dark Eldar
1 Partially assembled Ravager
1 Partially assembled Raider
1 NIB Raider
2 NIB Raider/Ravagers
20 warriors(1 unit still NIB)
1 NIB Wyches

Crons:
6 assembled Wraiths (pending)
3 Tomb Spiders (2 Spyders Pending)
7 Night Scythes 2 or 3 can be Doom Scythes (1 Scythe pending)
Anni barges and command barges - ask
Monolith (40% of retail)

Space Marines:
NIB Centurions

Super Heavy:
Storm Lord assembled bare plastic
Bane Blade Assembled bare plastic (pending)

Tau:
Full Farsight Bomb
Resin Farsight (recast? but looks GREAT) unassembled
7 suits but have 9 Crisis suits with fusion and plasma (converted to have gun arms, nice really nice) bare plastic

IG/AM
Chimeras... lots of them 8 to 10 a couple of them had their firing ports bored out...
2 Forgeworld Manticores
20+ Steel Legion guard including heavies and specials

Chaos Space marines 40% off retail
Term Lib needs stripped
10 Chaos marines primed
***9 old school OOP Noise Marines metal the ones with the tongues and rocking out. $50
Metal Daemon Prince with converted wings. Bare
18 Chaos spawn painted and assembled super nice from the guy from Sabal (30% retail in one lot)

Please PM any comments/inquiries, I will not be posting any responses in this thread as it would undoubtedly get locked. If you do post here I will just PM you. I will update the thread as necessary. I'll be posting and adding stuff every 7 days until I get bored of it. I like to buy not sell. :mrgreen:

Serious inquires only please, no tire kickers.

Complete PM history in chronological order:
Re: H:DE Necrons Cents CSM Stormlord farsight bomb IG W:$$Pa
Sent: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:23 pm
by vurumai

Would you be interested is trading for a Dreamforge Leviathan and accessories? Let me know and I can put an offer together.
Sent: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 pm
by Byte

Yes I would be interested in that. Thank you.

-Pat
Sent: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:41 pm
by Byte

Any update?
Sent: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 pm
by vurumai

Sorry, I was working and driving a lot the last few days.

I would trade the Leviathan Crusader armed with Vulkan cannon and sword with optional Beowulf artillery and ripper saw and capacitor cooler. (Retail for $205) for:

Crons:
1 Tomb Spiders (Assuming it is the new plastic)
3x Night Scythes 2 or 3 can be Doom Scythes (1 Scythe pending)
Monolith (40% of retail)

Space Marines:
NIB Centurions

Super Heavy:
Storm Lord assembled bare plastic

Let me know
Sent: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm
by Byte

Seems a little lopsided in your favor, and the cents are gone. Sorry. Trade value should be based on my asking price, Seems thats what you did.

Thanks for your interest.
Sent: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:25 am
by Byte

Cents are gone, yes spyders are current(2 gone)
Sent: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:23 am
by vurumai

NIB models don't trade at the same value as assembled, painted and incomplete minis. I usually value them at 50% retail. Let me show you how I determine trade value.

How about this:

I would trade the Leviathan Crusader armed with Vulkan cannon and sword with optional Beowulf artillery and ripper saw and capacitor cooler. (Retail for $205) for:

Crons:
1 Tomb Spiders 33*1*0.5=16.5
4x Night Scythes (with as many that can be Doom Scythes) 45*4*.5=90
Monolith (40% of retail) 66*1*0.4=26

Super Heavy:
Storm Lord assembled bare plastic 140*1*.5=70

Total trade value is 202.

Let me know
Sent: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:32 am
by Byte

No Thanks.
Sent: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:57 pm
by vurumai

What would you consider a fair offer?
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:15 am
by Byte

The issue is you expected to trade at retail on your end. Dreamforge has Crusaders on sale for $88 dollars right now and I've have seen them for lower sometimes during their sales, however I do like the model more than I need these crons. I already have one with a few arms so I know the deal.

I not even sure if your model is NIB or not? :?:

So I'll figure a trade value on your end at 20% off retail if NIB, so $161.

Spyder 45% off retail = $18.50
4 Scythes 40% off retail = $108
Monolith 45% off retail = $36
= $162.5

Thoughts?

I have a lot more crons btw if you have more to trade and are looking for something.

Thanks for working through this.
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 am
by vurumai

I understand what you are saying. The Leviathan is NIB and complete. While it is on sale now, it is not always. Regardless of sale prices, you would still need to pay shipping regardless of where you buy it which is not a factor with 40k models. Thus, I feel pretty good about comparing it at full retail value.

I feel like we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with a little work. I am fine adjusting my expectations down in order to make a deal.

NIB Leviathan Crusader armed with Vulkan cannon and sword with optional Beowulf artillery and ripper saw and capacitor cooler. (Retail for $205) for:

1 Tomb Spiders 33*1*0.6=20
4x Night Scythes (with as many that can be Doom Scythes) 45*4*0.6=108

Super Heavy:
Storm Lord assembled bare plastic 140*1*0.6=84

Total $212

Let me know what you think.
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:37 pm
by Byte

I just cant bring myself to trade for full retail.

Let me give this some thought. Thank you for considering my trade value.

-Pat
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:59 pm
by vurumai

You can work the math however you want. Valuing the Levithan at 100% and your minis at 60% work out to be the same as valuing the Leviathan at 80% and your minis at 40%. Think of it however you want but I want you to feel like it is an even trade.

I am happy to compromise and meet you in the middle. If I dropped the Spyder our of the trade, would that make it easier for you?
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:14 pm
by Byte

I can do it with out sending the spyder. Somehow that makes it easier. :mrgreen:

Whats your address? I going to PO tomorrow

Mine

Pat Cortez
[Admin Edit - Removed Street Address on 10/13/2016]
Norfolk, VA
Re:Re: H:DE Necrons Cents CSM Stormlord farsight bomb IG W:$
Sent: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 pm
by vurumai

***Address Redacted***

I'll ship when your items arrive.
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm
by Byte

Your stuff did not make it out today. Sorry.
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:44 pm
by Byte

Do to events and situation, I sincerely have to apologize for not being able to complete our trade.

Deeply sorry. I hope you understand. It was very pleasent to negotiate with you.

:oops:
Re:Re:Re: H:DE Necrons Cents CSM Stormlord farsight bomb IG
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:57 pm
by vurumai

You understand that not completing a trade that you agreed to can result in a back out report? Do you have details about why you can't complete the trade?
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:10 pm
by Byte

If that's the route you wish to take I understand. Its a situation beyond my control and no I can't share the details its a bit personal. Health related.

I humbly apologized, if you need to write a report please add that my lung disease and treatment is a big contributing factor.
(This is the last courteous PM that I received from him.)
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:31 pm
by vurumai

I don't really see how health problems prevent you from mailing something. It is not "a route I wish to take" and more the consequences of agreeing to a trade then backing out. Friends and family could help if you are incapacitated. I also see that you are active on this site including posting on several other trade threads so I am not really buying the excuse. Sorry for your health problems but a back out is a back out.
(Granted this is kind of a heartless reply but something seemed fishy about his excuse. At this point I started work on this Back Out Report assuming that we had come to an impasse. I received the next two PMs in quick succession.)
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 pm
by Byte

Dont judge me pal. I was honest with you and you spit in my face?

Im in the military and currently "sick in quarters" I live away from family, and my wife has had 2 heart attacks and doesnt get around well.

I'm active on the forums because paypal isn't that taxing.

Post up you critique but dont call me a liar. Im a 42 year old 25 year veteran Naval Officer that has been ground down by years of exposure defending arrogant individuals like you. If you dont understand going through hard health times, than I hope you never do.

Quite honestly I could literally care less what you post. Your a piece of work man. Got all the answer dont you.
(A real 180 in tone. I read back through my albeit callous previous PM but could find no spitting in faces, judging, calling people liars, arrogance. I am still not seeing any reasons that would necessitate canceling a trade and none were offered. Nothing appeared to have changed in the last 48 hours. I can't say for sure, but I am unaware of respiratory diseases that come on in 48 hours unexpectedly and completely incapacitate someone with no hope of recovery. Before I could reply, I get another PM.)
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 pm
by Byte

Im actually glad I couldnt take the heat and humidity outside, look it up it was the hottest day of the year in Virginia and it made me really sick.

Your lack of compassion and arrogant approach is disturbing.
(I can see that someone with respiratory disease could have a hard time getting to the post office in hot weather. What I don't see is a reason how some hot days means that he will never be able to get to Post Office. USPS, FedEx and UPS all have home pick up options to my knowledge. In addition, there are two post offices within two miles of his residence.)

(As a matter of record, I looked up weather from June in Norfolk, Va. It was hot and humid (High 80s and humidity in the 70% area). Hottest day was on the 16th of June, a week before by 2 degrees. I still fail to see how a hot day means a canceled trade.)
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 pm
by vurumai

Kind of a needlessly spicy reply. I don't think I was judging you. It was more like saying that your excuse seems flimsy. I'll take that as confirmation that you do not wish to complete the agreed upon trade.

I'll send you a link to the post when it is finished.
(I know, I should have just walked away but I wanted confirmation that he was backing out. Maybe it was also one last chance for him to turn things around. I also should have said specifically that I was starting a post at this point but I think it was implied.)
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:11 pm
by Byte

Don't bother sending a link, I couldn't care any less on what you have to say.

At this point I consider not being able to trade with you a dodged bullet. Your a tool.
(I actually was not going to post the BOR until the vitriol and personal attacks started flying assuming he had some sort of reasonable excuse for backing out of the trade. I am not sure what he expected towards the end. I guess 4 days of negotiation and compromise and the refusal to give into pity makes me a tool. Really glad I did not ship at the same time or first.)
Sent: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 am
To: Byte

A Back Out Report is less what I have to say but more a record of what we said to each other. It helps other BTers know what they are getting into should similar events happen in the future.

I am required to tell you that I have finished the Back Out Report in accordance with the rules here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=121402

A courtesy PM saying that you are filing a Backout Report should be sent prior to opening a Backout Report.

link

I am genuinely sorry that it came to this. It would have been my preference to conduct our trade completely and professionally.

Links to posts where Byte is active on the day trade was canceled:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=259971&p=475857#p475857 Not sure what he is doing here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=259718&p=475932#p475932 Clearly engaged in trading/buying.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout Byte (AKA Pat Cortez)

Post by Byte »

The back out report is legit. I had to back out. It happens. I tried to be civil and was snubbed. I never cursed at you either.

However, I requested my personal info be removed for it adds nothing relevant to the report and is a violation of military cyber force protection. For the unindoctrinated look up "military cyber kill list". He basically told me to stick it, the rules don't say he has to remove it(should be revisited if that's a defence, I could understand if it was relevant).

I have contacted my legal department. Please see below.
vurumai wrote:I am sure that "cursing at strangers on the Internet" will look great in your jacket. Please stop wasting my time further with implied threats. Take it to the Back Out Report or contact Admins. I am through with you and your endless nonsense. Further PMs will be trashed without being read.
Byte wrote:I tried to be polite.

Military folks follow what is called cyber force protection. So the bad guys cant find us and such. Seeing that I mentioned I was active duty in our chats I now feel my wife(who has had 2 heart attacks and has PTSD) and I are at risk.

I contacted my legal department.
vurumai wrote:You can find the rules for posting Back Out Reports and Bad Traider Reports (Which are the same) here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=71
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103202
- Post the COMPLETE PMs. Simply stating what was in them, omitting anything (aside from YOUR contact information), or not posting one because you felt it was “unnecessary” causes headaches and can be considered a posting violation if you accidentally forget to include certain information… Especially information that reflects poorly on you. The only “unnecessary” PMs are those that contain ABSOLUTELY NO information about the trade at hand. If there is even the SLIGHTEST mention of the trade, then post the entire PM for the sake of completeness.
I am required to post a complete history omitting only my contact information. Completing trades that you agree to is the best way to prevent your personal information posted to the forums.

You should have no further need to PM me. Thanks.
Byte wrote:Your report is what it is, sorry I wasted your time. But that's not the first time I apologised.

I would like to request the removal of my real name and address for privacy reasons. Surely you understand the importance of such things as you edited out your address.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Pat
I buy and trade minis, that's what I do.
rugged_seahorse ( 26 )
Trade Novice

Post by rugged_seahorse »

Well I have to add to this post it out disgust. I see first off how you retracted your address but left Pat's address for the whole world to see. Second, I myself can attest to his health issues and am counseling him myself to get him into the Wounded Warrior Project like I myself am. It seems to me after reading you seem to have had an attitude from the start. Maybe that is just you and the way you operate but seems hostile to me. I have personally trader well over 800 bucks worth of miniatures with Pat. I have not had one issue with him and have been dealing with him the past 4 months or so. Hell even his wife made my wife a bracelet that was very lovely and even put chew bones for my two dogs and even a package of cat toys for my cats in the box of one of our trades. He also on another trade included 2 Armada expansion packs unsolicited in one of our trades. I almost forget that in our second trade he also included an X Wing starter box unsolicited. May I add that that box actually assisted in myself going and playing at my local game store, it has been hard for me with my PTSD to go anywhere in public without a panic attack. Point is, Pat is s very good person and fellow combat veteran. Just B/C you have some self centered uppity attitude dose not give you the ammo to try and run this man's name in the dirt let alone post his address in the public board like an ass hole. Talk about dead beat, you should have a post on here. ,,!,,
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

:rulez:

First: Rugged Unicorn, you have a Warning notification waiting for you if you haven't seen it already. It is not open to debate or appeal. Thanks to the user who reported the post.

Second: Byte, I read your PM. After review of site policy and precedent, your request for address redaction is denied. Rationale follows.

You supplied your address to vurumai of your own free will towards completing a trade that you backed out of. He warned you that he was going to post a backout report after your discussions broke down - I'm certain your calling him a "tool" did not help matters much, and stretches the idea of "I was civil and didn't curse at him."

Even a cursory look at any entry in the Bad Trader Forum, the Backout Forum, or the Hall of Shame would show you that we do post names and addresses of people who have earned their way there, and we keep that information as a public service to all users of this site. It looks to me like you didn't research what Vurumai said he was going to do (eg file a backout report) and now you're mad. Your upset is understandable, but you're the one who brought up the fact that you either are or were in the armed forces only when you wanted to use the ISIL "kill list" as rationale for having your address removed. If you hadn't, no one would've known. Anyway, Norfolk is a big town. How many people with your name live there?

Should you wish to appeal my decision, please contact Porkuslime and/or Magickalmemories.

If you're going to be worried about your information appearing on the internet, I suggest you google yourself and your city of residence. I think you might be shocked at what you find.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

I'm not mad. I'm concerned, my wife is upset. I'm stunned. Tool is cursing?

I've had to cancel 2 dental appts, yesterday and today due to illness. Geez guys this is horrible treatment by all. I didn't rip him off, I didn't take his money, I didn't string him out for weeks or months, why is my address relevant? I backed out, I'm not a thief or deadbeat. So I can post his personal info since it was volunteered?

Did I not comply with this? I was on the verge of going to ER for two days, I have a emergency specialists tomorrow. What the heck guys?
If something unexpected happens, like a family emergency or unexpected deployment, it is the responsibility of the person in question to let the other party know what's happened within a reasonable time frame.
This is being called a liar.
PMed him back saying that I didn't buy it.
I am not sure what precisely transpired on Byte's end to cause him to cancel the trade but I am sure that his health status was not at the root. I am unable to conceive of someone so unexpectedly hobbled that they are unable to tape up a box and arrange for its delivery and yet are fully able to PM and conduct other trades. I believe that Byte is fully able to complete the trade but is unwilling to do so.
This is getting facts wrong(see dates). On the 22nd I said I was going to the PO the next day. On the 23rd I couldn't go because of symptoms, I'm actually dealing with another trade right now. He was very understandable.
Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm
by Byte

Your stuff did not make it out today. Sorry.

Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:44 pm
by Byte

Do to events and situation, I sincerely have to apologize for not being able to complete our trade.

Deeply sorry. I hope you understand. It was very pleasent to negotiate with you.

Your upset is understandable, but you're the one who brought up the fact that you either are or were in the armed forces only when you wanted to use the ISIL "kill list" as rationale for having your address removed. If you hadn't, no one would've known.
Simply not true. He posted my address before that post. Back out post was the next day.

Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 pm
by Byte

Im in the military and currently "sick in quarters" I live away from family, and my wife has had 2 heart attacks and doesnt get around well.

Post up you critique but dont call me a liar. Im a 42 year old 25 year veteran Naval Officer that has been ground down by years of exposure defending arrogant individuals like you. If you dont understand going through hard health times, than I hope you never do.

Quite honestly I could literally care less what you post. Your a piece of work man. Got all the answer dont you.
No compassion at all. Sad.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

I'm genuinely curious here. If you are concerned about people finding out you are in the military, why do you put it in every post in which you are unhappy with something?

I have the utmost respect for your service, and I do not doubt your illness. However, you've told us all repeatedly you are in the armed forces at every opportunity. You use your name and location in this site in several places, but now you are claiming fear over the ISIL postings. The names they posted were gleamed from social media, ie. people telling everyone they were military at every opportunity.

As for your "I've never posted I was military before" please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=257177
In which you tell everyone the length of your military service, and what branch. If you wouldn't service drop at every opportunity, it might be harder to connect the dots that you are in the military.

This site has always posted this information. You even told him you "could literally care less" what he posts. Which actually means you do care what you post, but the phrase is generally used to express apathy and I assume that it what you meant by it.

Again, I respect you for your service to this country, and I empathize with your health issues. I'm also not taking any stance on the BTR, either. I'm simply trying to get you to see that you are the one who keeps posting your military service. Otherwise, no one here would know a thing about it without doing a google search.

-Deputy Pants
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

I started out all this madness by stating the report was legit. I had to back out. But what about this?
Did I not comply with this? I was on the verge of going to ER for two days, I have a emergency specialists tomorrow. What the heck guys?

If something unexpected happens, like a family emergency or unexpected deployment, it is the responsibility of the person in question to let the other party know what's happened within a reasonable time frame.
I didn't realize someone would openly post my address I shared in a PM(I know back out report rules, but nothing was stolen I don't see the relevance of my address in his post). I posted the fact that I was military to him in a PM in an effort to establish some credibility because he was calling me a liar. I called him a "tool" because after he called me a lair and had all the answers to solve world hunger he was being plan mean. In accordance with the rules, but callous(got it callous is authorized because the rules)

Im proud of my 25 years of service, and 11 promotions. Just the address on a public forum.(I know google yourself, not the point)

I didn't say I never posted I'm in the military in a previous post. In this thread after he posted the Back Out report(Jun24rd) my name, the fact I was in the military and address was all out there, this is my concern. So in an effort to elicit some privacy courtesy I requested it be redacted and of course this was too much to ask. I posted the info in a PM in private(Jun 23rd) and he posted it up(I know, no private here). Look through it again. I tried to illustrate this in my post but obviously not good enough. I tried to go in and clarify but I couldn't edit the post.

The other post you referenced did not contain my name or address, again an attempt to establish I wasn't a child and didn't need to be talked down to. As great a resource as the site is, if I as a member have an issue and ask for assistance the answer has been "if you don't like it leave". True, but why no curtesy, why the iron hand approach? I'll trade here as long as I can/allowed to. Its therapeutic for me. I'm very sickly and it gives me something to focus on. Like was mentioned before from rugged seahorse(not unicorn btw) I trade with, I tend to send extra goodies because its fun for me. The staff here has me all wrong.
Your upset is understandable, but you're the one who brought up the fact that you either are or were in the armed forces only when you wanted to use the ISIL "kill list" as rationale for having your address removed. If you hadn't, no one would've known.

Simply not true. He posted my address before that post. Back out post was the next day.
***Edit for clarity*** Simply not true. The military comment was mentioned(Jun23rd via PM) as he was calling me a liar and I was trying to establish some credibility. I'll NEVER do that again. Means little it seems. It was made in a PM. After which on the 24th he posted a back out including my Address, PM content and the military speak. Thats when it all came out. ***Edit for clarity***

Sent: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 pm *********<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Date(see date on back out post)Date(see date on back out post)
by Byte

Quite honestly I could literally care less what you post. Your a piece of work man. Got all the answer don't you.
Thank you for at least being interested. :mrgreen: Hope I clarified for you the sequence of events.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

The staff here as no opinion on you. We are enforcing the rules for a site that contains 30,000+ users.

I am sorry that you and Vuramai could not come to a mutually satisfying conclusion, but it is not the end of the world for either of you.
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

NuWishA wrote:The staff here as no opinion on you. We are enforcing the rules for a site that contains 30,000+ users.

I am sorry that you and Vuramai could not come to a mutually satisfying conclusion, but it is not the end of the world for either of you.
Again, my only issue is my address. :shocked: I feel like Focker trying to board the plane on "Meet the Fockers". So I can post his address for purposes of continuity? Public info and all...

Trust me NuWishA when you have a incurable lung disease and autoimmune disease, issues like this are put into perspective quickly. Having an emergency botox injection in my vocal cords while awake is life altering, oh yeah bronchoscopies suck too.
vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Post by vurumai »

Byte:
why is my address relevant? I backed out, I'm not a thief or deadbeat. So I can post his personal info since it was volunteered?
Byte:
So I can post his address for purposes of continuity? Public info and all...
That is twice that you have asked to post my address publicly without cause. If that were to happen, that would clearly be doxing, a form of retribution, harassment and intimidation.

Should I ever agree to a trade with you and then refuse to complete my end of the bargain, feel free to complete a Back Out Report on me and post my address. I have already sent you a link to the rules and copied the relevant section into PM. Should you wish to make good on yet another implied threat by posting my address publicly, you would be in violation of the rules.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I think I'm going to close this thread now.

If you have anything relevant to add please PM me or another staff member.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”