Deadbeat/backout maxacorn

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

mdjones607 ( 194 )
BTown Regular

Deadbeat/backout maxacorn

Post by mdjones607 »

I normally would give more time than this when there is no communication. However, Greg AKA maxacorn, has been communicating with others on here and has completed transactions (shipped models). I also have reason to believe that maxacorn is worstgamer. If this is true, and I have evidence that it is, than this user is going by a different actual name and user name on here from the -4 feedback score that was on that account. That is a major rules infringement and the trader with that user name has a BTR from August 2013. For the evidence of this accusation please see:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=211142

The paypal address used by worstgamer is :diablo3truf@gmail.com. The very same paypal address that was given to me by maxacorn.

On to the actual summary of my dealings on this:

Summary:

Greg was selling off a large lot of CoC models. I asked him what price he wanted for the whole lot, he gave me a price (amazing deal), but split the lot off several times during our negotiations. When he was done splitting it off he gave me a price for the remainder and I agreed. I won't argue that it was one heck of a deal (I've purchased on here before with similar deals and truly love them), and when I totaled it up I agreed without hesitation to his asking price. It wasn't quite as nice as the entire lot would have been at the original price he wanted, but it was still very hot and I loved being able to get into CoC as a faction. We setup a deal and he gave me his paypal information. He knew it would take me a couple days to pay while my check cleared and he was fine with that, I had even offered to pull funds from elsewhere and he said I didn't need to and we were good to go.

Shortly after we finalized the deal he messaged me and asked to hold off on payment while he was out of town on an emergency. I message him back to let him know not to worry. I messaged again to let him know the funds were ready early, and I messaged him again several days later to ask how he was doing.

I thought it was odd that he was reading my messages shortly after they were sent and not replying and he was logging on frequently, so I read his feedback a week after we had struck the deal and saw that he had shipped to one of the other buyers as feedback had been posted. I messaged him again for a status update and to let him know I was concerned about the lack of communication. He read that message shortly after it was sent. I gave it several more days but saw another post of feedback for a trade/sale Greg had done.

Although I have not made Greg aware of this fact, I contacted someone that he had been working with on a deal with to see if I could gain some insight, I wanted to make sure I didn't push him if he was in a spot where he couldn't reply, but I was very suspicious at this point. It turns out that Greg has been actively communicating with at least one other user on here during the time frame in which he has been ignoring me. He has also shipped after he informed me of the emergency. That user has asked to remain out of this process unless an admin absolutely needs proof that what I am saying here is accurate. I want to respect those wishes if at all possible. If not possible I will ask for permission to post our discussion here and redact the username if I am allowed.

So, I already knew an emergency was not keeping him from reading my messages as he was reading everything I sent and logging in with regular frequency. After I had information that showed he was indeed ignoring me and that an emergency had not interfered with his capacity to reply I sent him a message asking for communication and letting him know that I was considering posting in the deadbeats/backouts section if he didn't talk with me or provide some kind of update. I sent that message at 2:55PM EST on 4/25/2014 and he logged in to read it at 7:04PM. I gave him a few hours to formulate a reply and saw him log in three times (although it might have been more than that) before sending my next message at 10:03PM EST. I wanted to give him another chance to communicate with me before posting here. I honestly don't think asking for communication is all that much. He logged in and read that message at 10:14PM EST and was active until 11:16PM.

He has had a week and a half to reply to my messages and has been talking with at least one other person on here during that time. I've given him plenty of time to simply write me back, I didn't want to post here until he had time to absorb everything and articulate a reply and have given him more than 24 hours since my first warning and he has logged in since reading my last warning (he was last here on 4/26/2014 at 10:58PM EST). It was at that time that I looked up his paypal address and found the second username. I also would not be posting here if not for the fact that he is talking with others and completing other trades/sales. There is also the possibility that he has two user names here. He is obviously capable of both replying and of shipping packages. This shows that the lack of communication is intentional, although I don't know why. It's hard to know exactly what is going on when you're being ignored, but this doesn't look good to me.

I still want this to come through in a positive manner and am more than happy to have this closed as resolved if he will simply communicate and finish our deal. If an admin sees this and is willing to ask him to reply to me, it would be very appreciated.

I've attached the messages below with his in blue and some minor commentary of mine (not part of any actual messages) in red. I have left in every typing error and even an issue where my phone sent a message twice.

Proof:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: H: COC / W: $$$ OR PAYPAL
Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:01 pm
by mdjones607

What would you want for the entire lot?

Subject: H: COC / W: $$$ OR PAYPAL

maxacorn wrote:
here is the list of stuff, if its painted i will state it or simply primed I will state it.whole lot pricing is possible otherwise going roughly 50% of retail since its 98% bare metal/PLASTIC . just taken out of the blister/box

other stuff
token set
army book

Casters

Aurora (pinned, primed black)
Iron mother(pinned but not put together, bare metal)
Lucant (bare metal, pinned)
Syntherion x2 (one bare plastic, one primed metal via army painter primer)
Axis (bare metal, not put together)

Heavy vectors
1 standard heavy vector kit (not put together, all 3 choices available)
1 magnetized kit monitor/inverter (primed metal, will be 3 bucks more to price)
2 cypher heavy vector (painted, other unassembled bare plastic)

Light vectors
2 galvanizer ( 1 primed metal and pinned to look floaty, other bare plastic)
2 mitigator (1 primed metal to look floaty, other bare plastic)
1 diffuser (bare plastic)
1 corralary (bare plastic)

Solos – all bare metal
5x sets of reflex servitors
2x set accretion servitors
2x set attunement servitors
2x steelsoul protectors
1x steelsoul keg protector (40 bucks)
2x AGO (bare metal)
1x transverse enumerator
Troops
2x optifex directive
1x recipricators (bare plastic)
1x full unit obstructors (bare plastic)

1x unit reductors ( 3 without heads, box came that way)
2x clockwork angels (bare metal…unassembled)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:02 pm
by maxacorn

whole lot 185 free shipping

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:08 pm
by maxacorn

hold on, i just sold some stuff out of it, and i am veeeery sorry but it was to a person that messaged me before ya. gimme one sec to fix this particular list.

This message was sent twice as I was on my phone, I am leaving both here to keep the message chain complete.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 pm
by mdjones607

Just let me know what is left and what you want for it. I would have taken the whole lot.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:32 pm
by mdjones607

Just let me know what is left and what you want for it. I would have taken the whole lot.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:34 pm
by maxacorn

okay, list has been updated, 100 takes the lot, thats with tokens and everything. as well as shipping on me.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:36 pm
by maxacorn

so sorry miscalculated, 125 would, so sorry.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm
by mdjones607

Damn. I really wanted the angels. Would you take 100 minus the keg protector, That is the oly model for coc I have already. I would need to pay friday, thats when ny check clears. Let me know if it works for you.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:34 pm
by mdjones607

If your answer is no, I will take all. I just dont need the exclusive.

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm
by mdjones607

I just wanted to check in and see which option you're ok with. Again, I will take the whole bundle if you won't leave out the keg protector. I just don't want to start working on any other deals until I know if we are good to go.

Thanks
Matt

Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 pm
by maxacorn

sorry had to go out and handle something, hold on i gotta edit this one more time. it may go down even more now.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:04 am
by mdjones607

It's hard to pin down a deal to buy what you have, when you are parting it out while we are working something out. What are you looking to get for what you have left?

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 am
by maxacorn

just 100 straight, theres that amount left easy. its cause of older people who messaged me.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:30 am
by mdjones607

Although it isn't the 1000 degree hotness of a deal with those models out, you're right it is still well worth my funds. Asking for less than the $100 would be low balling you. You've got a deal. I'll take everything you've got left, which I see as:
Other:
army book
tokens

Casters
Lucant (bare metal, pinned)
Syntherion x2 (one bare plastic, one primed metal via army painter primer)
Axis (bare metal, not put together)

Heavy vectors
1 standard heavy vector kit (not put together, all 3 choices available)
1 magnetized kit monitor/inverter (primed metal, will be 3 bucks more to price)
2 cypher heavy vector (painted, other unassembled bare plastic)

Light vectors
2 galvanizer ( 1 primed metal and pinned to look floaty, other bare plastic)
2 mitigator (1 primed metal to look floaty, other bare plastic)
1 diffuser (bare plastic)
1 corralary (bare plastic)

Solos – all bare metal
3x sets of reflex servitors
1x set accretion servitors
1x set attunement servitors
2x steelsoul protectors
1x steelsoul keg protector (40 bucks)

Troops
1x full unit obstructors (bare plastic)
1x unit reductors ( 3 without heads, box came that way)
Just send me your paypal address and once my check clears I'll send you the funds. If you're ok taking a money order, it would make my life easier so I'm not using my Wife's paypal account, but I'm assuming that paypal is what you're expecting.

Thanks
Matt

Here I consider the deal good to go.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 am
by maxacorn

diablo3truf@gmail.com i will mark it all as sold. thank you very much it shall be mailed out in the morning.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:54 am
by mdjones607

If you want to wait a day or two to ship that is fine. My check will be cleared by Friday at the latest, I'm hoping to have the funds available Thursday. If you're really hard pressed, I might be able to pull from my joint account until the check clears and I can replenish what I use.

My addy is:

Matt Jones
206 Fairdale Ave
Syracuse, NY 13207

Thanks =).
Matt

Here he confirms again that the deal is good to go.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 am
by maxacorn

tooootally up to you sir. whichever is fine by me, i will box it all, no issues and have it waiting for ya.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:49 pm
by maxacorn

hold off on the payment, i gotta go out of town for an emergency, i have it all boxed but when i return i will take the payment. sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 pm
by mdjones607

No problem. Best of luck, I hope everythings turn out alright. I will have the funds set aside for when you're ready.

Thanks
Matt

Sent: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm
by mdjones607

I just wanted to let you know that I have the funds transfered and ready to head your way whenever you're ready. I hope you're alright, best wishes.

Matt

Sent: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:38 pm
by mdjones607

I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. Is everything alright?

Sincerely
Matt

This message was sent after seeing the first piece of feedback.

Sent: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 pm
by mdjones607

I'm getting a little anxious over the lack of communication. I see that you have been reading my messages and logging on here. I also see that you shipped some CoC to someone as you have feedback posted today. I've been burned recently by a backout, so I hope that it isn't the case here, and I apologize if anything in this message offends you. Can you please just send me a message back so that I know what is going on? I've had the funds transfered and waiting to be sent to you. Again, I hope you're alright, and I'm trying to be patient, but please communicate with me.

Thank you
Matt

These are the last two, and were sent after I discovered he had shipped to someone else after his emergency and had been actively communicating with another user.

Sent: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm
by mdjones607

I sincerely hope that you're doing alright. However, it is looking more and more like this lack of communication is intentional and not something outside of your control. I've been being patient here, but I need a reply back from you with what is going on and when we can resolve this deal as agreed upon. I really don't want to escalate this, but you're lack of communication on this leaves me with few options. If I don't hear back from you soon I am going to open a report on the forums. Again, I do hope that everything is alright, and I'm not trying to be offensive. I do need some communication, and I don't think that is asking for too much. I still hold hope that with a little communication we can resolve this in a positive way, and that is how I would like to see things turn out. I'm hoping that you feel the same. Best wishes.

Sincerely,
Matt

Sent: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:03 pm
by mdjones607

As you're new I want to explain part of the sites mechanics. When you read a message it goes from the senders outbox to their sent messages folder. The sender can always tell when their messages have been read. By clicking on a user's name, you can see when they joined and when they last logged in. You can also see what references have been posted through the check references tab.

I know that you've been very actively logging into this site. I also know that you've read each of my messages the same day, and usually shortly after they were sent.

I don't know why you've chosen to actively ignore me when we've had an arrangement, but I do know that it isn't due to being incapable of replying or in a situation where replying would be difficult.

You read my last message when you logged in at 7:04PM EST. Since you read that message you have been on this site at least 3 times.

Despite being capable of replying to me, you might have a legitimate reason to delay our arrangement. Maybe your paypal isn't working, maybe you left the models at a friends house and haven't picked them back up. However, by actively ignoring my messages, I wouldn't know.

I don't know if you care about keeping your word and the value of holding up a deal that you've made, but from your lack of communication with me it certainly appears that you don't. Think about how this looks to me, or to an outsider. You might not care, but you should. You should care about creating a positive reputation on this site, and about fostering a positive relation with the users here. This place is built on honesty and the value of one's word.

At this point in time I have plenty of reason to post in the deadbeat/backout portion of this site. I don't want to post there, you're new and trying to build a reputation. You might not care, but I'll tell you others do and take this kind of behavior seriously. Before I post anything negative about anyone, I always do the best I can to come to a positive conclusion and try to give the other person chances to do the right thing. This is my last attempt to try and do that with you before I post there. Please think about what you're doing and do the right thing by talking with me. If there is something wrong maybe we can work to resolve it, but the only way I know that is to communicate.

Just try putting yourself in the shoes of those you're working with. You would want, and would expect, someone to respond to you.

Thank you,
Matt
I follow the Golden Rule. Please do the same.
When shipping, please pack items in the same manner you would want them packed when receiving them.
If anything is missing or broken, please state so prior to finalizing a deal.
Chris33 ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: Deadbeat/backout maxacorn

Post by Chris33 »

If you have proof that someone has 2 accounts I highly recommend you contact an Admin or a Mod as that is an insta-ban offense. I am not saying this is the case right now but if someone runs 2 accounts and one has a negative score you may be saving someone else some trouble by helping to ban a problem member.

Again, I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but the Hall of Shame has more than a few people who were multi-account holders.
mdjones607 ( 194 )
BTown Regular

Post by mdjones607 »

Yes, I PM'd MagickalMemories so he could investigate further. I can't be absolutely positive the two are the same, but using the same paypal information is pretty damning. worstgamer would have a -14 feedback if the user that filed the BTR had posted neg ref. It is important that people on here know that there is a possibility that the same person is back again and to proceed with caution.
When shipping, please pack items in the same manner you would want them packed when receiving them.
mdjones607 ( 194 )
BTown Regular

Post by mdjones607 »

I wanted to obtain permission to add this information before doing so (so that I didn't bump this thread without an ok), and now that I have it (permission) I will post it.

When I first typed this report, I did so in wordpad and prior to knowing about the possibility of maxacorn being worstgamer as they both use the same paypal account. I thought I had edited my report fully before posting it here, but I missed the last two lines before going into the proof segment. Those two lines should be ignored. After finding out about the possibility of this being a multi-account abuse, I don't want to complete this sale until that issue has been resolved. I don't want to risk sending a paypal payment while this is in the air. As awesome of a deal as this would be, it is only awesome if it is completed. Right now it isn't worth the risk or the possibility that I would end up fighting with paypal to gets funds back. ONLY if I am mistaken and there is a reason that the same paypal account is used by both, do I want to complete the sale. Or if there is some miracle of a way that the purchase would be guaranteed to be safe, and I don't think that is possible.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

You'll have a hard time completing any trades with him. I've banned both accounts.
Also, you might want to check out the fancy new Sig Lines he has:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72898
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64009

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”