Back Out - Warzoner

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Back Out - Warzoner

Post by 3eland »

Greetings Bartertown members,

On Wed July 17th I was contacted by Alexis aka Warzoner in regards to a Tyranid lot I was trying to get rid of. After a few days of communication back and forth, we came to an agreement that Alexis would trade a Warriors of Chaos army plus an additional 40 CAD via Paypal for my Tyranids. I asked that Alexis send first as I had a slightly higher reference score. On July 21st Alexis agreed to ship first and assured me it would be sent the following morning. After a few days I messaged Alexis asking if there was an update on the package and if a tracking number could be sent. Shortly after I noticed a new thread promoting the trade or sale of a Warriors of Chaos army by none other than Alexis. After sending a short message asking if Alexis was backing out I waited patiently for a reply. Alexis never bothered to reply to my request for a tracking number OR the message asking about backing out. After logging on multiple times throughout the day I came to the conclusion Alexis would not be going through with the trade agreement we had made. On July 25th I sent Alexis a final message asking to come forth and communicate or a Back Out thread would be written up for breaking our trade agreement. Since Alexis has read that message and clearly does not want to communicate, I am forced to create this thread.

To make things easier I will be in Blue

Alexis will be in Red

Information (mine) will be replaced with words in Orange

++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: W: TK, WoC, Chaos Dwarfs, $$ H: Tyranids, MTG
Sent: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:13 pm
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:Hi there fellow canadian ! I have a WoC army I might be willing to give up. Right now I dont have the pictures, but tomorrow I can get it. They are all assembled and painted sadly :S. Here's the list of what I got

20 Khorne Warriors 2 HW (with command)
40 Nurgle Warriors with shield (2 command)
12 Slaaneshi Warriors with shield (command)
3 Skullcrushers (command)
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
1 Chaos Lord Bophos Kabuki Model
1 avatars of war Kur'Ganz the Corrupted Scion (unpainted)
1 avatars of war Sorcerer of Pestilence (un-assembled)
1 Exalted champion of Nurgle (made from the VC count model Krell)
1x WoC army book 8th edition

I am mainly interested in your tyranid stuff. If you are interested, PM me back with the list of the tyranids you have, and I'll take the pictures and send them to you.

Subject: W: TK, WoC, Chaos Dwarfs, $$ H: Tyranids, MTG
3eland wrote:Hello Bartertown,

I have a bunch of Tyranids and Magic the Gathering I would like to trade (or sell) to get pieces for a Tomb King army I was given last year that I decided to fix up. I will also trade for WoC models since I would love to start a WoC army but the wife says I can only trade for them (and what the wife says, goes). I prefer unpainted models, however painted models are fine, IF your models are painted please include pictures (or a link to pictures) in your PM. I will piecemeal this army out only in large lots. All prices are in CAD (canadian dollars), so please take that into consideration when comparing retail.

Wants (In no particular order):

Paypal

Tomb King:
The Newest Book
Magic Cards
Khemrian Warsphinx / Necrosphinx
Necropolis Knights / Sepulchral Stalkers
Tomb Guard
Ushabti
Screaming Skull Catapult
Queen Khalida
Pretty much any Hero/Lord model except for the tomb king with shield and the tomb king with great weapon
Skeleton Warriors with spears (prefer shields off but not too picky)
Vultures
Extra bits and pieces

WoC:
Warriors of Chaos
Chariots
Chosen
Hellstriders of Slaanesh (preferably NIB/NOS or with the cool looking armour/helmets)
Chaos Hellcannon
Slaughterbrute/Vortex Beast
Warshine
Slaanesh, Tzeentch or normal Hero/Lord Choices
Daemon Prince (or special character Prince)
Forgeworld Werewolves (I'm a sucker for werewolves)

Haves:

Tyranids:

HQ
1 Hive Tyrant - Metal, unpainted (64.50 Retail) (the cannon gun is only loosely on, I could probably find the extra parts and send whatever you want to equip him with)

1 Swarmlord - Plastic, unpainted (64.50 Retail) TRADED THANK YOU

2 Winged Hive Tyrants - both from Forgeworld, one is painted and the other is unpainted but has some greenstuff clean up (Approx. 129 Retail)

1 Hive Tyrant - from Forgeworld, painted (Approx. 64.50 Retail)

2 Tyrant Guards - Finecast, unpainted (retail 59.50) TRADED THANK YOU

Elite
1 Zoanthrope - Finecast, Primed Black (29.75 Retail) TRADED THANK YOU

1 Pyrovore - Finecast, Primed Black, missing one of the horns on the cannon, can easily be fixed with some greenstuff (45 Retail due to missing horn)

1 Lictor - Finecast, New in box (and still shrink-wrapped) (Retail 45)

Troops
6 Warriors - Plastic, unpainted, mostly magnetized (bodies), they will come with every combination of gun and talon/claw, only the majority of their bodies have been magnetized so you can continue to magnetize everything or glue the weapons on (113 Retail) TRADED THANK YOU

8 Genestealers - Plastic, unpainted (Retail 36) TRADED THANK YOU
1 Broodlord - Finecast, unpainted (Retail 29.75) TRADED THANK YOU

12 Termigants - New in box, I will be taking them out of the box on shipping to save space (Retail 34.75)
4 Swarms - Plastic, unpainted, made up of the extra swarm pieces among kits (Retail 0) TRADED THANK YOU

Heavy
2 carnifex - Plastic, unpainted, magnetized body, they will also come with the many options you can use to equip them including 2 pairs of talons, a pair of crushing claws, a pair of devourers, a canon, and a pair of deathspitters. The guns/weapons have not been magnetized fully and so will have to be magnetized by yourself (Retail 129) TRADED THANK YOU

1 Biovore - Metal, Primed Black (Retail 49.50)

1 trygon - Plastic, primed Black (Retail 69.25) TRADED THANK YOU

Shipping includes insurance, tracking number and an approximate arrival date of 4-10 business days. I usually ship the day after (if not the day of) a trade agreement has been made.

Magic The Gathering Cards (I have sorted them by colour, mythic/rare/expensive are printed with online cost, commons/uncommons will be “categorized”, all cards are in NM condition unless stated otherwise) I used Starcity for prices. All cards come from EDH decks so no card is duplicated unless noted otherwise (like if I had 1 in two EDH decks). I had 3 EDH decks so tons of variety; Ninja Assassination {blue/black}, Rats {Black} and Werewolf/Wolf Spawn {Red/Green}:

Black:
Garza’s Assassin - .99
Gibbering Descent - .49
Hero’s Demise - .99
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni Foil Promo – 9.99
King’s Assassin –Portal- 3.99
Kiku, Night’s Flowerx 2 - .99 each
Marrow-Gnawer – 7.99
Nezumi Shortfang – 2.99
Ratcatcher - .99
Relentless Rats – 1.99
Royal Assassin – 1.49
Scarblade Elite - .49
Tsabo’s Assassin - .49
Wei Assassins – 3.99
Zodiac Rat – 3.99
19 uncommon cards used in a rat EDH deck
39 common cards used in a rat EDH
2 uncommon cards used in a Ninja Assassin EDH deck
10 common cards used in a Ninja Assassin EDH deck
**there are two assassin’s blade common cards**

Blue:
Brainstorm –Ice Age- 1.99
Higure, the Still Wind – 1.99
Rite of Replication – 2.49
9 uncommon cards used in a Ninja Assassin EDH deck
22 common cards used in a Ninja Assassin EDH deck

Green:
Daybreak Ranger - .75
Feed the Pack - .49
Increasing Savagery – 1.49
Kessig Cagebreakers –foil- 1.99
Mayor of Avabruck – 2.99
Parallel Lives – 3.99
Rancor – 4.99
Wolfbriar Elemental - .75
10 uncommon cards used in a Werewolf EDH deck
**Sylvan Might uncommon is in a hard played condition**
34 common cards used in a Werewolf EDH deck with a few extra mana excel on the side

Red:
Alpha Brawl - .49
Curse of Stalked Prey - .49
Instigator Gang - .49
Kruin Outlaw - .49
Mondronen Shaman - .75
4 uncommon cards used in a Werewolf EDH deck
9 common cards used in a Werewolf EDH deck

Multi-Colour:
Borborygmos – .75
Dimir Infiltrator - .25
Fable of Wolf and Owl – 1.99
Ghastlord of Fugue – 3.49
Immerwolf - .49
Mask of Riddles - .25
Stalking Assassin - .49
Vectis Agents - .15
Wrexial, the Risen Deep – 1.49

Colourless/Artifacts:
Coat of Arms -9th- 3.99
Eldrazi Monument – 4.99
Font of Mythos – 2.99
Mageband Armor - .49
Sharpened Pitchfork –foil- .49
Whispersilk Cloak - .99
5 uncommon cards used throughout all 3 decks **no duplicates**
6 common cards used throughout all 3 decks **no duplicates**

Land:
Dimir Aquaducts - .75
Halimar Depths - .49
Jwar Isle Refuge - .75
Kazandu Refuge - .49
Kessig Wold Run - 2.99
Leechridden Swamp - .49
Shimmering Grotto - .25
Swarmyard – 3.99
Terramorphic Expanse - .49
17 forests
46 Swamps
13 Mountains

Looking for 75 Shipped OBO

Sent: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 pm
by 3eland

3eland wrote:I am out ATM but when I get home ill send you a list of what I have and what I may want from your list.
Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:29 am
by 3eland

3eland wrote:Hey,

So I currently have:

HQ
1 Hive Tyrant - Metal, unpainted (64.50 Retail) (the cannon gun is only loosely on, I could probably find the extra parts and send whatever you want to equip him with)
2 Winged Hive Tyrants - both from Forgeworld, one is painted and the other is unpainted but has some greenstuff clean up (Approx. 129 Retail)

Elite
1 Pyrovore - Finecast, Primed Black, missing one of the horns on the cannon, can easily be fixed with some greenstuff (45 Retail due to missing horn)
1 Lictor - Finecast, New in box (Retail 45)

Troops
12 Termigants - New in box, I will be taking them out of the box on shipping to save space (Retail 34.75)

Heavy

Possibly $$ too

I would be interested depending on condition and painting job, going to let you know right now that they will most likely be painted over depending on the quality of your painting, pics will definitely allow me to come to a better understanding. Now I do have other Tyranid models apart from the list that I would be willing to trade (like Tyrannofexes and other big creatures, as well as a bunch of other troop/fast attack models and such, but I would like to see pictures first, if you could send me pictures of your army that would be great. please include detailed pictures, so close up of models, anything broken or done bad so I can get an overview of what needs to be done, the more pictures you can provide the better really. All the models I would be willing to include (apart from the ones listed) are all assembled and bare plastic, if I decide to include them I will take pictures for you to see. You can email me the pictures at username@domain.com or send me a link to an online album.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ryan

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:No problem, I am exactly like you on this page ^^. Gonna take the pictures and send them to you.

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:50 am
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:Here are photos of my models (note that the sorcerer is missing because I didn't receive it yet, and that one of the slaaneshi miss an arm) : http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/TechL ... t=3&page=1

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm
by 3eland

3eland wrote:
Warzoner wrote:Here are photos of my models (note that the sorcerer is missing because I didn't receive it yet, and that one of the slaaneshi miss an arm) : http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/TechL ... t=3&page=1
Looks good, what were you all interested in for Tyranids? I did a quick retail value check and have come up with this (In CAD):

WoC:
20 Khorne Warriors 2 HW (with command): 70 (12 per box, $42 a box)
40 Nurgle Warriors with shield (2 command): 140
12 Slaaneshi Warriors with shield (command): 42
3 Skullcrushers (command): 70
1 Chaos Lord Bophos Kabuki Model: 24.62 (18.00 € to CAD conversion)
1 avatars of war Kur'Ganz the Corrupted Scion (unpainted): 16.34 (11.95€ to CAD conversion)
1 avatars of war Sorcerer of Pestilence (un-assembled): 16.34 (11.95€ to CAD conversion)
1 Exalted champion of Nurgle (made from the VC count model Krell): 21.75
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: 69.25
1x WoC army book 8th edition: 59.50

Total Retail: 529.80

Currently what I can offer you to match is:

HQ

Elite
1 lictor - New in Box (Retail 45)

Troops

Fast Attack
Ravener Brood - New in box (Retail 56.50)

Heavy
1 Tyrranofex - Plastic, Assembled (Retail 69.25)

Total Retail: 558

Now, I am not sure what all you are looking for, for tyranids. If you wanted I could exchange something out for some warriors or gargoyles. Let me know what you think of the list I have provided and what exactly you are looking for. Currently as we stand I am slightly higher in retail value but am willing to work with you to have both of us happy with a trade. Other things I have that I could put in are 2 metal-painted biovores, some warriors (they are assembled), gargoyles, possibly some more termagants (not new in box though).

Let me know,

Ryan

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:56 pm
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:As it is, I would be interested in the whole lot. But if you have warriors and additionnal termagants, then I'd also be interested in them (what is an army without its troop choice ? :P). We could do the trade and I could cover up the difference if you want.

Sent: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm
by 3eland

3eland wrote:
Warzoner wrote:As it is, I would be interested in the whole lot. But if you have warriors and additionnal termagants, then I'd also be interested in them (what is an army without its troop choice ? :P). We could do the trade and I could cover up the difference if you want.
Tell you what, I'll throw in 3 warriors (two with scything talons and devourers, 1 with cannon and scything talons, bare plastic) and 12 more termagants (assembled bare plastic) for 40 bucks (they would normally be 56.50 for the Warriors and 34.75 for the Termagants so 91.25 together). So in total the trade would be:

WoC:
20 Khorne Warriors 2 HW (with command): 70 (12 per box, $42 a box)
40 Nurgle Warriors with shield (2 command): 140
12 Slaaneshi Warriors with shield (command): 42
3 Skullcrushers (command): 70
1 Chaos Lord Bophos Kabuki Model: 24.62 (18.00 € to CAD conversion)
1 avatars of war Kur'Ganz the Corrupted Scion (unpainted): 16.34 (11.95€ to CAD conversion)
1 avatars of war Sorcerer of Pestilence (un-assembled): 16.34 (11.95€ to CAD conversion)
1 Exalted champion of Nurgle (made from the VC count model Krell): 21.75
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: 69.25
1x WoC army book 8th edition: 59.50
40 Dollars (Paypal Probably?)

Total Retail + Cash: 569.80

for my tyranids:

1 lictor - New in Box (Retail 45)
3 Warriors - assembled, bare plastic (Retail 56.50)
12 Termigants - assembled, bare plastic (Retail 34.75)
1 Ravener Brood - New in box (Retail 56.50)
1 Tyrranofex - Plastic, Assembled (Retail 69.25)

Total Retail: 649.25

If that is cool with you, we can start exchanging information and stuff? I would ask that you to send first since you are fairly new, hopefully that is not an issue. Let me know what you think and we can finalize this trade and get things shipped off!

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:Hi ! Sorry for the delay ! I was stuck had my hellish job and at night I was unable to do anything ! Yeah sure, I can ship first. Just give me your adress and zip code and this is sent first time tomorrow !

Sent: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 pm
by 3eland

3eland wrote:
Warzoner wrote:Hi ! Sorry for the delay ! I was stuck had my hellish job and at night I was unable to do anything ! Yeah sure, I can ship first. Just give me your adress and zip code and this is sent first time tomorrow !
No worries, weekends are busy for everyone.

My address is:

Ryan Beland
[Address]
[City] [Province]
[Postal Code]

I would like to just note, please label it as used warhammer toys (since they are used toys after all) that way there are no issues with the shipping.

Also what's your address so I can get everything packed up and ready to go once I have received your end?

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 am
by Warzoner

Warzoner wrote:My adress is

Alexis Thouin Bourdeau
27 du minervois
Lachenaie, Québec
J6WQ 0b2

Also, do you have a paypal account to which I can send you the 40 bucks for the additionnal stuff ?

Sent: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am
by 3eland

3eland wrote:
Warzoner wrote:My adress is

Alexis Thouin Bourdeau
27 du minervois
Lachenaie, Québec
J6WQ 0b2

Also, do you have a paypal account to which I can send you the 40 bucks for the additionnal stuff ?
I do,

username@domain.com

Also J6WQ 0b2 is your postal code? Seems longer than normal.
Thanks a ton,
Ryan

Sent: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 pm
by 3eland

3eland wrote:Hey Alexis,

Just wondering if you were able to send the package off, I notice you have been fairly busy (or at least haven't been able to come on much). If you could send me the tracking number, it would help me know when to expect it.

Thanks a bunch,

Ryan

****Now, after realizing Alexis put up the trade material into its own thread, I sent the following message asking if Alexis was backing out****

Re: (H): WHFB books and WoC / (W): Confrontation AoR, KoW, o
Sent: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:48 pm
To: Warzoner

3eland wrote:I am taking a guess you are backing out of our deal?

Subject: (H): WHFB books and WoC / (W): Confrontation AoR, KoW, other
Warzoner wrote:Hi there ! I have the following WHFB

20 Khorne Warriors 2 HW (with command)
40 Nurgle Warriors with shield (2 command)
12 Slaaneshi Warriors with shield (command)
3 Skullcrushers (command)
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
1 Chaos Lord Bophos Kabuki Model
1 avatars of war Kur'Ganz the Corrupted Scion (unpainted)
1 avatars of war Sorcerer of Pestilence (un-assembled, m'attend très sagement au Gamer's Vault)
1 Exalted champion of Nurgle (made from the VC count model Krell)
1x WoC army book 8th edition
WHFB rulebook 8th edition

Here are images : http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/TechL ... t=3&page=1

Here are what I am mainly looking for :

Conrontation Age of Ragnarok (or compatible with)
Wolfen (Wolf)
Devourer of Vile-Tis (Hyena)
Acheron (Ram)
Dirz (Scorpion)

Kings of War
Any evil army

Warpath
Forge Fathers

AT-43
Therians
Red Blok
Karmans

Godslayer
Mortans
Troglodytes

PM me if interested.

****Alexis read the message and still would not reply, so I sent the following message clarifying my intent of filling out a Back Out report****

Let's try and work this out
Sent: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm
To: Warzoner

3eland wrote:Hello Alexis,

I notice you've read my messages and have not had the courtesy to reply back. This lack of communication, in addition to you creating a thread with the models you were supposed to trade me, leads me to believe you are breaking our trade agreement. I am an easy-going, understanding person and would have worked with you if you would have contacted me rather than avoided me. Ultimately, there are two options:

1) Message me back to confirm you are no longer abiding to our trade agreement, I will then go forth and fill out a Back Out report. I understand you are new to the forum, however you should have read the rules.

2) Hold up on your side of the deal, which I will "forgive and forget" this little misunderstanding and we can carry on our own ways. I will ask that you send me a tracking number for your trade half so I know you are going through with your option.

I will give you 24 hours from the time this is sent for a reply, failure to reply will lead me to believe your choice is number 1 and I will continue with my Back Out report but because you failed to reply I will also leave negative feedback since you have not tried to reach out and make amends regarding this situation. If you do not log onto Bartertown within the next 24 hours then the time limit will extend to 12 hours after you do log in since Bartertown emails you when you receive a message. I feel this is only fair due to the amount of time you have wasted on my end, leading me to believe I was receiving a trade from an honest member.

As you are fairly new to Bartertown, and obviously failed to comprehend/read the rules, I will explain how everything works.

When you send a message to someone it goes into your Outbox folder, when the recipient reads the message it will then go into your Sent Messages folder, this is a handy little tool that allows its members to know if someone is reading their messages and trying to "dodge" them. Since the last two messages have gone from my Outbox folder into my Sent Messages folder I have confirmation that you have read them and have no intention on replying.

Back Out reports are threads that go into detail about traders who fail to come up on their end of the trade or have to "back out". Although there is no immediate negative repercussion of a Back Out thread, most users like to "investigate" who they are dealing with and ultimately it could have an impact on future trades.

Negative feedback (hopefully it does not come to this) works differently than positive feedback, where as a positive feedback increases your "trader status" or "score" by 2, negative feedback decreases your "trader status" or "score" by 10 (which could potentially put you in the minuses if you have a low enough score). Since your score is displayed in your threads, having a negative feedback can cause issues with further trading.

Once again, please reply back ASAP with your choice of option. I would love to continue on with the trade, hell, I'll even throw you in the Warriors and the Termagants FOR FREE if you decide to make good on your end since I would really like your WoC army. That means you will be getting over 100 dollars in retail value more than what your sending and you won't have to send me any paypal. Or we can come to some other arrangement like I will pay your shipping (however I will not include the Termagants or Warriors), I will send you the full amount back through Paypal on the delivery and inspection of your models, let us just work this out like adults.

Hopefully we can sort this issue out,

Ryan

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alexis has logged on multiple times since reading the message and has not replied. This has forced me to write this Back Out and leave a negative reference on their account. I was hoping Alexis would do the proper thing however it seems they fail to understand the way Bartertown works. I hope this Back Out helps other members when contacting or being contacted by Alexis in any future deals they do.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”