Backout - porkchopsamich

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

workwilliam ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Backout - porkchopsamich

Post by workwilliam »

I posted a trade looking for, among other things, Cygnar, offering an Infinity starter box.

So porkchopsamich responded, and here's the back and forth (him in red, me in blue):

Sent: Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 am
by porkchopsamich
Hey I've got

Avenger- assembled some paint
Journeyman warcaster- assembled bare
Squire- assembled primed
Gun Mages & UA- assembled arms pinned primed
Rangers- bare unassembled
Firefly- assembled plastic bare

Very interested in the Yu Jing box

Later that morning I responded:

Hey there,

I have been messaging back and forth with another user about this trade, but have not heard back from him for several days. I just messaged him again and let him know that if i don't hear back from him within the next 24 hours, I will begin discussing trades with other users.

So if you'll hang with me until about this time tomorrow, I'll let you know if we can work something out.

Thanks,

William

Minutes later, he replies:

Sounds good. Thanks

Later that night, about 12 hours later, I send him a PM:

Hey there,

The other trader got back to me and he won't be able to do the trade after all.

If they're still available, how about the rangers, squire, and journeyman warcaster, that adds up to about $50 for the Yu Jing starter pack.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

William

The next morning, May 4, he responds:

Sounds good to me.

About an hour or so later that same morning, I say:

Alright then,

Since you have the lower BT rating (although not by much), here's my address to ship to first:

Name
Address
(I edited this out here)

Please let me know when you ship and what the tracking number is.

I'll do the same after I get the Cygnar. You can let me know your address anytime.

BTW, the Yu Jing are bare metal, some assembled and some partially assembled.

Thanks,

William

Another hour later, he says:

Great! I'll get the models out on Monday. I'll pm you the tracking info then. My address us

His name
His address
(again, I edited this out here)

3 days later, on May 7, I check in with him:

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to drop the Cygnar in the mail yet.

Thanks,

William

2 more days later, May 9 now, having heard nothing from him, I PM him again:

Hey there,

Just checking to see if we're still on with this deal or not. Haven't heard from you for a few days, I know sometimes real life stuff can happen.

Thanks,

William

The next day, May 10, I send him another PM because I see him post a trade for Cygnar in the forums, which do not include the ones he agreed to send me, but this activity made me reach out to him to see what was going on:

I see you posted a new post in the PP trading forums with Cygnar, which do not include the ones we agreed on trading - so clearly you are on the forums and have received my prior two messages, since you have had time to even post new trade posts.

Are those Cygnar minis on the way, or are we not doing this trade? If we are not, I would appreciate some sort of explanation or something, so that I am not just left hanging on my end.

Thanks,

William

He then responds a few minutes later:

Sorry. They're ready to ship. My wife took the package to work today to ship on her lunch hour. As soon as I get home from work I'll have the tracking info for ya.

Having been promised a tracking number, I send him a PM the next day, May 11:

Did your wife get a chance to mail off the Cygnar, and if so, do you have that tracking number?

Thanks,

William

Having heard nothing, on May 12, I send the following PM:

Hey there,

Did you manage to get the Cygnar sent off? Still waiting for that tracking number if you did.

Your Infinity Yu Jing Starter is still waiting to get sent as soon as I get the Cygnar, so just a quick update would be great.

Thanks,

William

2 more days later, on May 14, having received no response, I reach out again:

Hello,

Could you let me know if you sent the Cygnar out, like you said?

I'm trying to be patient, but your lack of communication generally speaking is motivating me to submit a "backout" trader post about this.

William

Finally, today, being about 22 days later, not having heard anything back from him, I sent this PM:

Well, I guess this trade is not happening - since it's been almost a month since you said that the stuff was going to be shipped and that you'd get me the tracking number and all that. And since I have not received anything in the mail as well as no tracking number, I'll have to presume that your wife (or you) did not actually send the package.

I'm obviously not out anything except the opportunities during this month to actually either sell or trade my Infinity miniatures, so at least there's no money / product returns that need to happen.

I will post something on the back out forums.

William

I did see that the last two messages (from 5/14 and today), are still sitting in my outbox, and it appears as if he has not been on the forums for an extended period of time. Nevertheless, it's a back out and I thought I'd document it here for everyone's future FYI.

William
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Re: Backout - porkchopsamich

Post by eman1_2 »

You need the full headers with date / time.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
workwilliam ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by workwilliam »

Is there a way to edit my post to reflect this? Sorry, I am looking on how to do this, but am not sure...I wanted to avoid just replying with the entire post again + the dates and times headers if at all possible.

Thanks,

William
workwilliam ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by workwilliam »

I posted a trade looking for, among other things, Cygnar, offering an Infinity starter box.

So porkchopsamich responded, and here's the back and forth (him in red, me in blue):

Re: H: Infinity Yu Jing Starter Box (OOP) W: $ Ret Trolls Cy
Sent: Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 am
by porkchopsamich

Hey I've got

Avenger- assembled some paint
Journeyman warcaster- assembled bare
Squire- assembled primed
Gun Mages & UA- assembled arms pinned primed
Rangers- bare unassembled
Firefly- assembled plastic bare

Very interested in the Yu Jing box

Later that morning I responded:

Sent: Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 am
by workwilliam

Hey there,

I have been messaging back and forth with another user about this trade, but have not heard back from him for several days. I just messaged him again and let him know that if i don't hear back from him within the next 24 hours, I will begin discussing trades with other users.

So if you'll hang with me until about this time tomorrow, I'll let you know if we can work something out.

Thanks,

William

Minutes later, he replies:

Sent: Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am
by porkchopsamich

Sounds good. Thanks

Later that night, about 12 hours later, I send him a PM:

Sent: Fri May 03, 2013 11:09 pm
by workwilliam

Hey there,

The other trader got back to me and he won't be able to do the trade after all.

If they're still available, how about the rangers, squire, and journeyman warcaster, that adds up to about $50 for the Yu Jing starter pack.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

William

The next morning, May 4, he responds:

Sent: Sat May 04, 2013 7:09 am
by porkchopsamich

Sounds good to me.

About an hour or so later that same morning, I say:

Sent: Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 am
by workwilliam

Alright then,

Since you have the lower BT rating (although not by much), here's my address to ship to first:

Name
Address
(I edited this out here)

Please let me know when you ship and what the tracking number is.

I'll do the same after I get the Cygnar. You can let me know your address anytime.

BTW, the Yu Jing are bare metal, some assembled and some partially assembled.

Thanks,

William

Another hour later, he says:

Sent: Sat May 04, 2013 9:30 am
by porkchopsamich

Great! I'll get the models out on Monday. I'll pm you the tracking info then. My address us

His name
His address
(again, I edited this out here)

3 days later, on May 7, I check in with him:

Sent: Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 pm
by workwilliam

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to drop the Cygnar in the mail yet.

Thanks,

William

2 more days later, May 9 now, having heard nothing from him, I PM him again:

Sent: Thu May 09, 2013 11:17 pm
by workwilliam

Hey there,

Just checking to see if we're still on with this deal or not. Haven't heard from you for a few days, I know sometimes real life stuff can happen.

Thanks,

William

The next day, May 10, I send him another PM because I see him post a trade for Cygnar in the forums, which do not include the ones he agreed to send me, but this activity made me reach out to him to see what was going on:

Sent: Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am
by workwilliam

I see you posted a new post in the PP trading forums with Cygnar, which do not include the ones we agreed on trading - so clearly you are on the forums and have received my prior two messages, since you have had time to even post new trade posts.

Are those Cygnar minis on the way, or are we not doing this trade? If we are not, I would appreciate some sort of explanation or something, so that I am not just left hanging on my end.

Thanks,

William

He then responds a few minutes later:

Sent: Fri May 10, 2013 12:08 pm
by porkchopsamich

Sorry. They're ready to ship. My wife took the package to work today to ship on her lunch hour. As soon as I get home from work I'll have the tracking info for ya.

Having been promised a tracking number, I send him a PM the next day, May 11:

Sent: Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 am
by workwilliam

Did your wife get a chance to mail off the Cygnar, and if so, do you have that tracking number?

Thanks,

William

Having heard nothing, on May 12, I send the following PM:

Sent: Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 pm
by workwilliam

Hey there,

Did you manage to get the Cygnar sent off? Still waiting for that tracking number if you did.

Your Infinity Yu Jing Starter is still waiting to get sent as soon as I get the Cygnar, so just a quick update would be great.

Thanks,

William

2 more days later, on May 14, having received no response, I reach out again:

Sent: Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm
by workwilliam

Hello,

Could you let me know if you sent the Cygnar out, like you said?

I'm trying to be patient, but your lack of communication generally speaking is motivating me to submit a "backout" trader post about this.

William

Finally, today, being about 22 days later, not having heard anything back from him, I sent this PM:

Sent: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm
by workwilliam

Well, I guess this trade is not happening - since it's been almost a month since you said that the stuff was going to be shipped and that you'd get me the tracking number and all that. And since I have not received anything in the mail as well as no tracking number, I'll have to presume that your wife (or you) did not actually send the package.

I'm obviously not out anything except the opportunities during this month to actually either sell or trade my Infinity miniatures, so at least there's no money / product returns that need to happen.

I will post something on the back out forums.

William

I did see that the last two messages (from 5/14 and today), are still sitting in my outbox, and it appears as if he has not been on the forums for an extended period of time. Nevertheless, it's a back out and I thought I'd document it here for everyone's future FYI.

William

workwilliam ( 16 )
Trade Novice

UrbinoPrince ( 30 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by UrbinoPrince »

I am going to play the greenhorn. Why would anyone agree to your arrangement? Whom are we protecting? Why would the seller have to produce first in this case? ever?
workwilliam ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by workwilliam »

Well, first of all, there was not a "seller" per se, it was a trade - my Yu Jing Infinity starter box for his Cygnar miniatures.

Secondly, that's pretty standard Bartertown procedure, that is, in a trade, the person with the lower rating ships first, and upon receipt of the items, ships to the person with the lower rating. I have shipped a couple of trades first myself (including one currently), awaiting my items to be shipped to me after the other trader has received the items I sent.

Here, I had the higher rating, so I asked that porkchopsamich ship first - which he agreed to do. Obviously I ended up not being out anything, that is why this is in the back out forum instead of the bad trader forum.

William
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

urbinoprince wrote:I am going to play the greenhorn. Why would anyone agree to your arrangement? Whom are we protecting? Why would the seller have to produce first in this case? ever?
Your opinions on the arrangement do not pertain to this backout and don't really belong in this backout thread, to be honest.
What matters is that an agreement -whatever the details- was made, and pcs backed out of it. That makes it a valid BTR.

Also, as a buyer, I REGULARLY expect the seller to produce first, based on ratings. It is a standard practice here, especially amongst traders who have "been around" and seen what happens when we always presume the best of people who have yet to prove themselves on the site.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”