Backout Report- Grimknight

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

TheOgreTyrant ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout Report- Grimknight

Post by TheOgreTyrant »

I.
On Thursday February 21st, 2013 I contacted Grimknight after seeing his listing for some Grey Knights. He had all the Grey Knights units i needed, as well as wanting all the eldar units i was looking to trade, so I thought it was the perfect deal. it turned out not to be so. After proceeding to tell me three times he would be shipping out then failing not to on all three occasions , he finally ceased all communication on Monday March 11th, 2013.
I had a few suspicions as this trade progressed. First and most blatant, I found his numerous amount of spelling errors and lack of sentence structure surprising. Second, He wanted to complete the trade almost as soon as I contacted him. No picture exchange or description of model condition. At this time we were the same rank so we would have shipped at the same time. Third, slow communication began once the suggestion came for him to ship first. He originally said it in the beginning of the trade as what I perceived as a lighthearted comment, because afterwards he went on another string of "blind faith in man" comments which are pretty concurrent throughout this trade, and this subject was forgotten. Other small suspicions did pop up, but I feel i should get to the proof now.
II.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: h gj w elder / epic 40k or bfg
Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Subject: h gj w elder / epic 40k or bfg

GrimKnight wrote:I have 10 gk termis(plastic) built but un painted with kaldor drago and a primed libraian in termie armor
termis have been buit with halbred and a brother hood banner aloso one psycannon and a psylaincer
i also have a dreadknight i am will to part with it feet and its weapons are built its also missing its base the feet have been painted also long with e hammer and the sword, the hvy psycannon and psylincer are primed black i also have the hammer and other bitz for the termies one other note th termies are missing their stom bolteri hve the bitz i just never put them on

i am loking for elder and epic 40k items also any bfg ship for ork or impoerium
elder
swooping hawks
fire dragons
drak reapers
rangers

epic
ig and orks witha rule book

I am very interested in your grey knights and have all of those eldar units. Let me know!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm
by GrimKnight
how many of each one

Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
5 rangers, 5 dark reapers, 5 or 6 fire dragons, 10ish swooping hawks I think

Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 pm
by GrimKnight
would u be will to trade even up an do u have any dire avengers

Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
I have one squad of dire avengers and what do you mean even up? As in cost for cost?

Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm
by GrimKnight
what i ment is 10 teremis +drago a librian (im including him in the deal) primed and the dread knight + bitzs for the five rangers, the fire dragons the reapers and swooping hawks i thnks it a fair trade, i also have castelen crow but hes missing his banner so i didnt list him but i wllalso throw him in

if u know any one who colects axis and allies naval minatures send them my way

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Maybe let me see, we should get pics of the models first, which I can do tomorrow. It's 11 at night in PA right now so I'm a bit tired. Also did you say the dreadknight is missing his base? Just because those large bases get pretty pricey to replace I think

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I am fine with this trade I just need to know whats missing to see if my buddies have it in their bits boxes

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am
by GrimKnight
all right i dont have a camra but ill see if some at the gaming shop i goto has one i can take a couple of picks andill try and find that base i the mean time also i dont need to see any of ur item picks ill put in some blind faith cause thats how i trade

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I'd feel more comfortable if I could send you pictures of the models, what's your email? Also, could you ship first if we go through with this trade?

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 am
by GrimKnight
out side the base nothing is missing and ill be sending the bitz ahead of time as an act of faith in my fellow man

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey man as long as you have daemon hammers I don't care what bits you have, haha. I have 10 halbred terminators and 10 sword terminators but no hammers

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 am
by GrimKnight
it not a problem like i said i just need to find a camra and my email isarnoldhornung@yahoo.com and send me your address and not to be mean but since were equal rating i wouldprefer if we sent our minis at the same time due the fact of late arivinng items that people sent me

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am
by GrimKnight
i got hammersi think 5 or 6 not realy sure the termies with the banner have halbreds

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 am
by TheOgreTyrant
My email is theogretyrant@gmail.com and that's fine, I was just wondering if you would be willing to ship first. Yeah it sucks having only done a couple trades because most people you trade with have higher ratings because of more trades so you have to ship first and wait longer for the models

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 am
by GrimKnight
send me address casue they should be in the mail tomorrow and be there saturdaycasu ill over night them
My address is ********
The reason ill express them is so u can have a day to look at them and i know iwont have access to a camra any time soon aka untill taxes come in if orgot the gw manager wont be in on saturday and he has a camra

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey can we slow down on this? There was another guy interested in my eldar so I just want to see what the best deal is. And I want to get you those pictures of the models first

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am
by TheOgreTyrant
You are the priority to trade with though, the other guy only has terminators that I am interested in

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:09 am
by GrimKnight
ok

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I'll email te pictures to you when I get home. I don't have any of the swooping hawks but I can take some

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:41 pm
by GrimKnight
ok ill try and get some pics up tomorrow and ill u know i normaly dont take pics i belive in a little of faith in my fellow man if i am unable to get pic up tomorrow ill let u know

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Alright. I just like taking pictures of stuff so you know what your getting. All the models are metal, and partially painted except for 3 dark reapers and the rangers, which are fully painted

Sent: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 am
by GrimKnight
i should have pic up to u tommorow or sunday at the latest

Sent: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I will try to get you pics tomorrow as well

Sent: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:22 am
by GrimKnight
im not worried take ur time i personalyare not worried about pic but am willing to take picks to asure some one

Sent: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I just like taking pictures because if a trade ever goes awry it covers my @$$ and shows I did everything I was supposed to do

Sent: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 am
by GrimKnight
ok i get it

Sent: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:43 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Yo grim haven't heard from you in a couple days. What did you think of the eldar? Sorry the pics were of my whole army. I still need to get some of the swooping hawks

Sent: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
my bad buddy, meant to say a day. But thats a long time considering how quickly you usually respond haha

Sent: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm
by GrimKnight
sorry about that i think there cool and i need to repair on of the temies as i was moving him he fell and broke but u should have pics tonight

Sent: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Alright cool, things are working out good mate. Someone wants to pick up the stuff your not interested in

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 am
by GrimKnight
i think u should go with the other deal since i wont be able to get pics up in time i tried to take a few with my web cam but it ended up blurry , soory for wasting ur time

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I think you misunderstood, I still want to do our deal. A lot actually. Just describe the model condition as best as you can, and then maybe you should ship out first so I can see the models?

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm
by GrimKnight
the termies are in decent shape one is upgradered to an apoiacarry, the librianan has a poor prime paint job, the dreadknight is missing its base and has it hvy psycannon and gat psyincer primed black,it feet hammer andsword ar painted sivler but the sword edge is painted gold and the hammer has some dry burshing done, dragon is not primed but his sword has a slight bend but otherwise ok, a few of the termies are missing their storm bolters and one has a banner these are un painted they also have a psycannon and a psyliancer and no big o shiping first just send me address

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Do you have the missing bits?

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:06 pm
by GrimKnight
yes i just never put them on i also have another 10 termies im painting up for a compition

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Okay. So I noticed we do have a price difference. My stuff costs around 200 and yours is only 175. Do you have something to cover te difference? Especially since you are missing that base which is in the 5-10 dollar range

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm
by GrimKnight
termies are 50 a boxof 5 , drago is 22.50 the dreadknight is 53 and the librian is 22.50 total $197 so if when we take foo the 10 for the base for the dreadknight price comes to 187
ur stuff 5 man ranger 33, 5 dr 41.25 fd box of 6 41.25, sh 41.25 total box of 6 and since u dont have another combleat of of sh 30 on them
ur total 186.75 and a wod of advice dont try and insult my intelangence so a .25 difrance is even up
note based on current gw pricing

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
That was completely my fault I did not know you had a Libby too haha. I added up up:
2x sets of termies 50 each, 100
1x dreadknight 53.50
Draigo 22.50
total: 176

And

2x sets swooping hawks 41.25 each, 82.50
1x set fire dragons 41.25
1x set dark reapers 41.25
1x set rangers 33
Total 198

Forgive me I forgot about the libby. Recovering from a concussion so please forgive me haha

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm
by GrimKnight
swooping hawks come in boxes of 6 not 5 i have the gw site up rn thats how i got my pricing

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Ahh I did not know that, they used to run them in boxes of 5 I guess cause when I got those two sets they only had 5 in them.

Sorry about the confusion please do not get defensive. I already apologized but figured I'll do it again. Leave it to GW to change model count in a box

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 pm
by GrimKnight
current gw price on dk base is 5 +5 for shiping and im not worried about the mistake on the hawks iv been paying paing for just ouver a year now and iv only seen them in a box of 6 and then idid some reasearch and the old metal minis came in boxes of 5 for 35 way back when but sinve were using current gw pricing im going to use the box of 6 count rule ut since their metal it still evens up in face to save u cash send me ur gw site info and ill pay for the dreadknight base out of pocket

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Let's just do the regular trade, don't worry about the base. I might be getting a lot of resin bases from some uk sight anyway.
You ever use resin bases?

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
by GrimKnight
no never used them , how are they qulity wise and send me ur address so i can get stuff in the mail this friday

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

And I've never used them but ive seen them used. Add a lot of character to the models

Sent: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey so all the swooping hawks wings that can safely detach I am taking off. I do not want them breaking in route in a spot where they cannot be fixed.Figured I would let you know.
Also, I found that one swooping hawk is missing a wing (easy fix, you can get one from any dark angels player) I figure we are okay since it balances the missing base but I wanted to make sure? also including all extra bits I had for the eldar models i am trading you

Sent: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am
by GrimKnight
then u can have the extra hammers and what not for the termies im just saving 5 of the force swords

Sent: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Yes keep those force sword bits far away from me, haha. I have too many force sword terminators, especially seeing how halbreds and daemon hammers are better and free. That's my preferred tactic. Swing and kill them before they can attack, then have a couple guys to clean up the assault once your opponent attacks

I call it hit em high, hit em low

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey buddy haven't heard from you in a couple days, you manage to ship out yet? I got the eldar packaged up and ready to go so as soon as I get your package I'll ship them

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 pm
by GrimKnight
hey i wont be aple to ship out till next friday. my car got stolen and i need all the extra cash i have to help pay for a new one. i appoligis for the delay

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
It's cool man, that sucks though sorry to hear that. How did that happen if you don't mind me asking?

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Do you know how much shipping would be? Maybe I can cover you

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm
by GrimKnight
some must of broken the window casue we saw glass on the ground and took a screwdriver a raned it into the key hole and took off thankfuly i dont put much gas in the car during the week but it hasent shown up

Sent: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 pm
by GrimKnight
it gona be about 20. dont wory a boutcovering for me i get my taxes next week thats why i can ship them out and they should be there the next day

Sent: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am
by TheOgreTyrant
20? Dude you gotta try shipping with some other method, cause your getting ripped off with that. What do you ship by? And sorry man, hope your car shows up.

Sent: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:03 am
by GrimKnight
i send priory flat rate. the box is 17 +tax and its guantered within 2 days

Sent: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 am
by TheOgreTyrant
I ship priority mail usually and it gets there in two days, 3 max. And its cheap. Like the package I just shipped with the eldar you didn't want only cost 5 bucks. And that was a good amount of weight. I'm scared to ship your package though. All those models are metal haha

Sent: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am
by GrimKnight
i hope u have a good knight and i hope when i goto the auto action tomorrow we find me a new car or truck it dosent mater wich.

Sent: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey buddy hope things went well for you at the auto auction. Was wondering if you know how long it takes to ship from where you are to PA? Just trying to figure out when to plan a big game. A buddy who is a daemon player wants to play a massive game with his daemons versus my grey knights due to the new daemon release. I know you said you'd be shipping Friday, so I'm thinking I'd schedule the game for the following week's Saturday. You think that is enough time that they would arrive? Thanks!

Sent: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:44 pm
by GrimKnight
should be 2 days priorty or 1 week fc

Sent: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Ah okay, thanks man. Hope everything went well for you yesterday!

Sent: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey buddy was wondering if you are still shipping out tomorrow. Thanks!

Sent: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm
by GrimKnight
im gonna try. my car was found and is currenlty being repaied

Sent: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Okay thanks

Sent: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey man did you get that package out yesterday? Thanks!

Sent: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey buddy it has been 3 days since you were supposed to ship out and I have not heard from you. I saw you have read my previous message. Please contact me and let me know what is up

Sent: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 pm
by GrimKnight
it goes out tomorrow i have been extreamly busy reparing my car including fixing a broken belt

Sent: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 am
by TheOgreTyrant
Okay man as long as its going out tomorrow, I was just worried because I saw you read my message but didn't respond. Sorry about your car, that thing seems like a lot of work.

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
Hey did you ship yet or not? This deal has just been delayed and delayed. I have had to pass up deals because I thought we had one. I have been informed that I need to file a backout report and a negative reference for you. I do not want to do this, this is a very negative route. However, if I do not hear from you by 11:59 P.M. Monday, March 18th I will consider our deal over and will be forced to file the backout trader report and negative reference.
I apologize for these drastic circumstances but this is what it has come to, please contact me so we can sort this out.

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 pm
by TheOgreTyrant
I am sorry it had to come to this but time has expired. I just wish communication could have been maintained and this did not have to occur. Now I must take the appropriate action as per the rules of Bartertown.
My only regret is this could have been avoided. I do not take joy in this but I am left with no other option. Have a nice day.

III. With Grimknight's eagerness to complete the trade when it started arousing suspicion, and his opposition to the need to provide pictures, I contacted one of the members he traded with, ekessler507. He said that Grimknight was not like that when he traded with him, and he seemed like an okay guy. So I suppressed my suspicions. I guess that was the wrong thing to do.

IV.
As you can see, I tried to contact Grimknight a multitude of times before finally posting this report. He has not been on since the 11th of March, and after seeing that he ignored my last message that he did respond too, first sent on Saturday March 9th, 2013 and then followed up on Monday March 11th, 2013, before finally sending a reply, i believe he has not logged on so that it does not appear that he is ignoring my messages. I am sorry it has gotten to this point but as per Bartertown rules this is the action that must be taken. No one likes posting one of these but it needs to be done.
Thank you to all who take time to read this report.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”