Deadbeat/Backout - Pandi

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Deathpsyker ( 4 )
Trade Novice

Deadbeat/Backout - Pandi

Post by Deathpsyker »

Overview/Summary
Around a month ago, I began talks with this guy over purchasing some Menoth. We reach an agreement, and I send him the money. First off, it took him nearly a week after accepting my money to pack and ship the models. I waited about a week with the models not arriving, before going out of town for another week, expecting the models to have arrived in the interim. When they didn't, I contacted him, and he claims to have forgotten to send a message to me telling me that the deal was off, having hit the 'edit' button instead of the save button. Thus I was pretty disappointed that he was content to hold onto my money until I pressed the issue, rather than promptly returning the money as soon as he knew the trade was off, and ensuring that such an important message got out. Nevertheless, I tell him no worries, and he assures me he will return my money the next day. It then takes two more days after this, at which point I contact him asking for my money back, only upon which he refunds it. However, rather than returning my full amount, he expected me to take the paypal cut out of what I paid for the minis to begin with, thus leaving me with giving paypal the cut sending the money to, and getting the money back. Following this, was an argument with him where he accuses me of harassment, and threatens to report me. I told him I'd take the issue to paypal's dispute center if he was unwilling to refund my money in full, only upon which he did so.

PM Log

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 am
by Deathpsyker
Hi, I'd be interested in the avatar, the choir, the reckoner, and possibly some of the magnetized plastics. However, would it be possible to see some pictures of the avatar, and reckoner, which you mentioned had a damaged mace? I'm curious to know the extent of the damage and feasability of repair before I commit to buying it. Also, I assume the magnetized plastics are the crusader/vanquisher/templar kit, not the castigator/sanctifier/reckoner kit?

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 am
by Pandi
yes, you are right that they are the standard jacks
what is your phone number? I can send some pics when I am off work.

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 am
by Deathpsyker
my phone # is xxx-xxx-xxxx. I'm more interested in checking the state of the avatar and reckoner but some pics of the magnetized jacks wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 am
by Pandi
Sounds good. The reckonwr mace is a clean break from the fist. It is an easy green stuff fix. You'll see when I send photos. Hell ill even send you fresh green stuff.

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 pm
by Deathpsyker
i got the pics thanks. I'm interested in the reckoner, avatar, and choir for now. What would that come out to with shipping to postal code 61801?

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm
by Pandi
is that in the US?
I can do 70. including shipping if its US.

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm
by Deathpsyker
That sounds quite higher than 50-60% msrp on those three items, especially given that the reckoner's mace is off. I'd be willing to do around $50, but anything quite higher than that wouldn't put me that much better off than buying them nib from a retailer like miniature market, sorry.

Sent: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 pm
by Pandi
yeah id like to make at least 50, so i can do 60 including shipping, after that its not really worth me shipping, might as well keep them.

Sent: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 am
by Pandi
55 ? Cmon man its going to cost me more than five to ship them. Everything new is just over 100. That's an excellent deal

Sent: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:45 pm
by Deathpsyker
I can do 55. Whats your paypal? I'll send the funds shortly.

Sent: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 pm
by Pandi
xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx

Sent: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 pm
by Deathpsyker
Hey, I've sent the payment, let me know if there are any issues with receiving it. My shipping addr is as follows:

XXXXXX

Sent: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm
by Pandi
Hey I am so sorry.
I thought I replied, but I didn't.
I got your payment. Your minis will be shipped out before the end of the week. I'll let you know when I do.

Sent: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 am
by Pandi
Hey!
Just wanted to keep up the communication. Its been a crazy week and I will not be able to ship until next monday. To make up for this I am going to throw in something extra to hopefully make you feel better about that.

Sent: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm
by Pandi
HellO!
Just wanted to keep up communication. Your stuff is packed and is being shipped. I put something extra because you had to wait so long, Sorry for the delay. My work schedule sometimes does not allow me time to go to the post office.

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 am
by Deathpsyker
Hi, its been over two weeks since you said the items were shipped, but I haven't received them yet. Do you have any tracking information for them?
Re: Interested in some menoth

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm
by Pandi
Ah *edit*, I thought I sent you a message about this?
Here is the deal. I cannot find the mace for the reckoner, because of this, would not be fair to you who paid to at least have that piece so that you could fix it.
I have payday tomorrow, I will be refunding your money.
Thats what I thought I sent you.
So, tomorrow you will have your money back.
I am really sorry that I messed up and didn't send this sooner, I actually thought it was weird that you weren't messaging me back. Anyways, sorry about the models, and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I know you wanted the minis, but I didnt want to send you an incomplete reckoner.
I hope you aren't mad, and I hope that we can do business again another day. This was just a rare fluke, all my other minis are intact.
Do you have any mercs or khador for sale?

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:10 pm
by Deathpsyker
no worries, I was out of town until yesterday so I figured it would have arrived while I was away. I have an offer on some cygnar which was the other army I was thinking of starting, so I'm gonna jump on that instead. Hopefully we can trade again in the future. Good luck selling your collection.

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm
by Pandi
No worries, Ill send the money back tomorrow.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:19 am
by Deathpsyker
Hi its been two days, could I please get my money back?

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 am
by Pandi
sent

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am
by Deathpsyker
Did you pay by credit card? It appears your sender fee didn't get waived, and so I only received 53.10. Furthermore, when I sent payment, I had to end up paying 56.90 since I covered the sender fee.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 am
by Pandi
No it came from my bank account. Paypal always takes a small cut.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 am
by Deathpsyker
yes and that small cut can be chosen to come from the sender. I paid 56.90 and so you received a full 55.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 am
by Pandi
Didn't know that, sorry I sent 55 which is what I recieved from you. What you paid is irrelevant.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:52 am
by Deathpsyker
What I paid is not irrelevant. You received a full 55 BECAUSE I had to pay a sender fee.
If our positions were switched, you would have had to pay an initial 56.90 as well to give me 55 over paypal, and I'm sure you'd appreciate getting your amount back in full after such a scenario.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 am
by Pandi
Look man I'm out of the house now and I don't feel like being harrassed for a dollar and some cents. Ill look at it later when im home.
You got your money sent back now please stop harassing me.
And I've already been in your scenario and been fine with it.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:59 am
by Deathpsyker

I am sad that you see this as harrasment. This has more to do with principal than money. I urge you consider how you would feel if our positions were switched. You have effectively lost roughly 4 dollars as well as about a month in time due to an error in correspondence. If I gave you 53.10 instead of the 55 you asked for, would you say okay and still go ahead with the deal? I think not. You wouldn't care what I had to do over paypal to get you your full 55, you'd care that you got your full 55. You can even look at the net gross amount paypal says is sent between buyer and seller, and see that they are not even. Under paypal's policy, if you are going to refund the money, you should do it in the form of the full gross amount, or I have grounds to open a case.

I am sorry to play hardball, but if I do not hear from this by tonight, I am going to have to take action and open a case with paypal. I've been fairly patient and gave quite a bit of leniency over what I thought was shipping time, when in reality I could have known weeks ago I wasn't getting the models, and moved on other deals.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 am
by Pandi
Like I said ill take care of it when I go home. So piss off with your hardball. I said in a previous message ill take care of it so I will. Your constant harassment will get you reported.
Expect it in a few hours I'm out with my family anymore messages from you will get you reported for harassment.
Like I said and ill repeat again in case you can't read. I'll send you your dollar and few cents soon giving you an even 55.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 am
by Deathpsyker
You can go ahead and report me for harassment, I'm sure the moderators will take your side after cussing me out and refusing to level out on a site that values making fair deals between buyers and sellers.

Sent: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 pm
by Pandi
Money sent, never bother me again.

So ultimately, the issue has been resolved, but again, slow communication and an apparent lack of action until I pressed the issue left me disappointed over the dealings. I am writing about this experience so others can see what they might be getting involved with should they chose to trade with this individual.

I believe I have followed the rules for posting here correctly, but I apologize in advance if I did not follow procedure, or if this technically doesn't qualify to be posted in this forum, as the issue has been resolved. Thank you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Deadbeat/Backout - Pandi

Post by MagickalMemories »

That was a pretty crappy thing to do. I'm glad you got your money back.
What I'd like to know is why he didn't just go into the transaction and refund it, rather than sending you the payment. When that happens, any fees paid on that amount are refunded, as well.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”