Backout: krustykilla

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Backout: krustykilla

Post by Khraul »

Hey there,

I usually trade on reddit, but a buddy recommended this site as a solid alternative. I've had a couple of really good trades here, but my most recent has soured me a bit. I think this post is done correctly? Mods, let me know if I've done this wrong? I read the rules and I hope it's correct.

Presently the noted user has my minis, hasn't paid, and doesn't like what he's gotten after our trade was established and is now mailing them back to me per the below message chain.

Either way I'm pretty disappointed, even if it's my own fault for shipping mini's without payment ahead of time. Sounds less like damaged product and more like buyers remorse, even when there were photos of the product in the original post.

I guess this is it for recourse on this site?

Thanks,
Khraul

Shipping info - https://i.imgur.com/YX2qeAl.jpg
Pics from the OP of the mini's - https://imgur.com/a/sms9siX
OP - https://www.bartertown.com/trading/view ... p?t=328015
Sent: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:03 pm
by Khraul

So you leave me stressed out with a message about them being damaged or not what I'd listed, then disappear and leave me hanging for two days, now you're sending them back?

Man, that's not cool.
Re: [H] Nids/IH/Codex [W] $$ for minis, swap for the codex [
Sent: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:39 pm
by krustykilla

Apologies for the late reply. I am going to mail these miniatures back to you they truly aren't what I expected. I am sorry about the inconvenience.
Sent: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:49 am
by Khraul

Are you still around?

I messaged you back like 24 hours ago and I haven't heard back from you. I'm getting the anxiety worrying about those models.
Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:01 pm
by Khraul

Can you send me a pic of how they showed up? I had a ton of paper and bubble wrap in that box with them.
Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:59 am
by Khraul

That's the image link... https://imgur.com/a/sms9siX

And that's the original post for what's included... There should be a bunch of arms loose in there as their magnetized. I hope that's all you're seeing that's loose in the box.

* Flyrant
* two carnifexes, one with venom cannon/claws, the other with magnetized fleshborers/talons
* Old One Eye
* Six hive guard. Three are converted to look a little different. I've run them in tournaments as both hive guard and as Counts-as biovores.
* 9 spore mines
* Three ripper swarms on regulation bases plus a little one on a 25mm base
* 16 genestealers
* a Maleceptor (This guys' painted pretty well. He got a close-up)
* Codex and cards
* Three warriors with talons and spinefists
* Two broodlords, one new plastic and the other OOP metal
* a trygon I'd started converting
* a random 8 gaunts I picked up somewhere

Asking for $325 plus shipping (About $20). Less than half of retail for the stuff I priced. The trygon, ripper bases, gaunts and OOP metal broodlord are included for free. I've got a bunch of extra bits if you want anything specific, but if you want all the extra bits we can figure out a separate price and shipping as it's a *big box* of bits still on sprue.
Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:03 am
by krustykilla

Can you send me a link of the pictures to what I was supposed to receive or a list? I feel like I am missing models and a considerable amount of them are broken due to poor packaging.
Sent: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 pm
by krustykilla

Well fantastic thank you. I will let you know when everything arrives. I probably won't be able to make it to the post office until Monday. Big packages do not get delivered at my house.

Thanks!
Sent: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 pm
by Khraul

USPS tracking number 9505 5152 5481 0063 3333 32

Hey man... I managed to get down to the post office today instead of Thursday. Everything should be there by Thursday now.

I used as much bubble wrap and tissue paper as I could... I really don't like shipping tyranids lol. So many little poky bits.

Anything smaller than a warrior is packed in around the bigger stuff as well as any of the magnetized arms, so don't be shocked when you see one of the fexes and the tyrant armless. Their arms will be in there somewhere. I don't think their flesh borer magnets match polarity, so it should be easy to figure which arms match which monster.
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 pm
by krustykilla

Sweet thankyou

Kody Richardsen
812 soda creek road
Idaho springs co 80452
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 pm
by Khraul

Absolutely, fire me your address and I'll send them off this week. Probably Thursday.
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:53 pm
by krustykilla

Hey bro can we just do the tyranids for your asking price? I was thinking about using your IH force to bolster mine but I really don't think I need them. Everything else looks solid!
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:48 pm
by Khraul

That south fair to me... It's a lot of cash. I've done a few trades on here but haven't followed through with the karma thing (I should probably do that lol).

Flip me your address and I'll send everything off this week. I'm actually in Canada just across the border from WA State, that's where I do all my shipping from and I'll be in WA this week to send off a couple of codexes I swapped last week on Reddit.

PayPal when it all gets there is khraul@gmail.com

Thanks very much
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 pm
by krustykilla

Cool man lets do it. What is your payment situation? you have a very low rating I am not super comfortable sending you the money first but would be more than happy to send a friends and family payment when I receive the models. you can see by my rating that I am an honorable member on this site.

Let me know,
Kody
Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 am
by Khraul

Hey there,

The imgur link in the post has some pics of both armies, but if you want closeups of anything specific I can get those for sure. https://imgur.com/a/sms9siX

Pricewise they're already marked down pretty low, and there's a bunch of stuff thrown in for free. Current list on the post would be $540 shipped for both armies, already marked down from my original ask of $585+shipping. If you wanted to take both I could go as low as $500 for both armies if you'd be willing to split shipping (Should be $20 each and if it's more I'd cover it). That's less than half of retail for the nids and like 53% of retail for the IH.

I just got home from work and am going to hit the sack, but let me know what you think and I'll check my PM's in the morning. Hopefully that sounds good to you. :)

Thanks very much
Sent: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:11 pm
by krustykilla

Howdy,

I am actually interested in your nid lot and IH lot. What can you do price wise for me? ANy pics of the painted nids???

Thanks mate
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Backout: krustykilla

Post by reegsk »

The one thing the mods will ask is to repost the PMs in order with the oldest at the top.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Please let us know when the models return and in what condition.

Also, this would be more of a BTR since you are now out of time, models (currently) and shipping fees. I am hoping your trade partner would be kind enough to at least reimburse you the shipping.

Don't forget that feedback may be left regarding the trade if you so wish it.

I'm on mobile atm, but everything looks good to me re:the format (although, as above, usually we like chronological order, but that's whatever).

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Khraul »

Thanks, I'll let you know once I receive the mini's back with regards to feedback, etc.
Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Khraul »

I actually wasn't sure about posting this... I'm not a "rock the boat" kind of guy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

In general, krustykilla is a decent guy. I wish he'd been a bit more communicative on WHY he was returning them, if you sent exactly what was listed.
At this point, I don't think he was up to no good, but... well, I hate to say it about such a well established trader, but you really do seem to be in the right here, based on the details you've provided.

As stated above, you can also leave a negative reference. Additionally, this will likely end up being moved to the Bad Trader forum, since you're actually out shipping costs.

As far as "rocking the boat" goes; don't worry. You're fine.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Khraul »

This was the update from last night...
Sent: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:01 pm
Recipient: Khraul

I was working twelve hour shifts all weekend. Sorry man I am a nurse and its not easy to get free time when I have to work. I am simply returning the models they were very poorly packaged and not what I was expecting.
Which again, doesn't really address much. Anything bigger than a genestealer was individually wrapped and the smaller stuff was on top of the bed of bubblewrap and paper with another layer of packing between that layer and the box. The photos requested showing any damage haven't been provided.

I'm not interested in slagging a guys rating, but this hasn't been a top notch experience and I'm just kind of meh about it presently.

I'll follow up when the stuff gets back to me I guess.

Thanks Mods
Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Khraul »

I don't know how to edit posts... as a followup to the above I've traded quite a bit on reddit and have never had a problem with shipping or damages outside of really minor stuff like a couple tau drones losing an antenna.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Dude.
It sounds like your packaging might have been subpar (difficult to tell for certain without pics and without a detailed description beyond what you offered).
The USPS uses these boxes for, essentially, soccer practice.
They're not handled with kid gloves, kept face up, and moved gently from one place to another.
They're shaken, rolled around, twisted and turned upside down... all at about 35 mph(?). If I recall, the machines can go as high as 70mph.

So, by layering models between packing material, you just left them free to be rolled and shaken all over the place.
I don't know what the "smaller stuff" was, but...
Also, if your individually wrapped stuff wasn't packed so as not to roll around, they could still have sustained damage.

The link to your pics... does that show ALL of the models you were sending?

I'm wondering how they differed from what he was expecting.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
krustykilla ( 152 )
BTown Regular

Post by krustykilla »

I received models poorly packaged and broken in multiple ways. I didn't realize returns were so frowned upon and no I would never stiff another trader. I will pay for these models since it has gotten so out of hand. I explained to the other member that I am a registered nurse and worked 12.5 hour shifts and did 3 in a row over the weekend. Due to the length of my shifts and how far I travel I do not stay at home when i work. Therefore, I was unable to inspect the models. Unfortunately I did not make it onto bartertown to explain until after the weekend. Not to mention we have had mandatory coronavirus training on top of that. He did not include that in his list of PM's. Very convenient of him after I explain my situation of my untimely response.
- kody
"We ruled the stars while mankind still crawled on its hands and you defy us?" Eldrad Ulthran
krustykilla ( 152 )
BTown Regular

Post by krustykilla »

To clarify what I was expecting, what I have received from traders in the past, and what I provide to people I trade with
-Models which are not stuffed into a small shipping box like a jigswaw puzzle.
-Sufficient packaging, which includes enough bubble wrap to actually protect models (the small miniatures were simply placed on the top of the package and did not have an ounce of protection).
-Models that aren't broken in multiple ways.

Thank you
- kody
"We ruled the stars while mankind still crawled on its hands and you defy us?" Eldrad Ulthran
Khraul ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by Khraul »

krustykilla wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:51 am
I received models poorly packaged and broken in multiple ways. I didn't realize returns were so frowned upon and no I would never stiff another trader. I will pay for these models since it has gotten so out of hand. I explained to the other member that I am a registered nurse and worked 12.5 hour shifts and did 3 in a row over the weekend. Due to the length of my shifts and how far I travel I do not stay at home when i work. Therefore, I was unable to inspect the models. Unfortunately I did not make it onto bartertown to explain until after the weekend. Not to mention we have had mandatory coronavirus training on top of that. He did not include that in his list of PM's. Very convenient of him after I explain my situation of my untimely response.
I'm sure the mods can check, but the list of above correspondence is 100% of what we've had back and forth. My initial post was prior to your message at 9pm last night, which was added today when I had access to my PC.
MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:41 am
Dude.
It sounds like your packaging might have been subpar (difficult to tell for certain without pics and without a detailed description beyond what you offered).
The USPS uses these boxes for, essentially, soccer practice.
They're not handled with kid gloves, kept face up, and moved gently from one place to another.
They're shaken, rolled around, twisted and turned upside down... all at about 35 mph(?). If I recall, the machines can go as high as 70mph.

So, by layering models between packing material, you just left them free to be rolled and shaken all over the place.
I don't know what the "smaller stuff" was, but...
Also, if your individually wrapped stuff wasn't packed so as not to roll around, they could still have sustained damage.

The link to your pics... does that show ALL of the models you were sending?

I'm wondering how they differed from what he was expecting.

Eric
The photos linked on the imgur link upthread showed everything that was shipped, with closeups of the larger models and an offer to take more pics if anything was unclear. The imgur link is still live if anyone wants to review it.

By volume the box was 50% paper and bubble wrap. I'm sure I could have tossed things like spore mines into a ziploc to keep them together, but I'm not sure how much other packaging I could have added.

Lastly, as this has basically been a negative experience for both myself and Krusty I've refunded $100 of his payment as compensation for anything he feels is sub par. I'd rather not leave him a negative review.

Apologies to everyone for the headache. I hope you all have a good evening.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Khraul, the refund in good faith was a good gesture on your part.

----------

As for the following input, please keep in mind that this is meant as GENERAL information, and is meant in NO way to make presumptions about how they were packed. I didn't see the models after they were packaged or when they were received, so it would be inappropriate of me to make specific comments.
By volume the box was 50% paper and bubble wrap...
Quantity is not the same as quality.
I've been the recipient of boxes that were appropriately padded, but the actual model was wrapped in much a way that damage occurred (too loose in the bubble wrap, too many multi-part models in bubble wrap together, etc.). I've had models bubble wrapped BEAUTIFULLY, but there was not enough padding in the box to keep them from moving around, which means they rattled and broke.
In that vein:
Paper is horrible packing material for anything fragile, and should never be used. Unless it's being used simply to hold a group of things together, then surrounded by appropriate materials, paper is never a good option.

Bubble wrap, air pillows and foam peanuts are all resistant to crushing. They cushion the items they surround and, as soon as possible, expand back to their original dimensions (presuming they don't pop from the impact, which is super rare).
Paper crushes. Just that. Nothing else. It does not return to its original shape. Imagine the situation I described earlier, with the box on that conveyor belt. There's a 50 lb box at the bottom of the ramp and a 50lb box behind it. If paper is being used to protect the fragile items in that center box... it might as well not even be there.

If the distance between the boxes is 2 ft, and they hold that impact for only 5 seconds, the impact force on those models (at 35mph) is 846.154 N (Newtons). That's 190.22 lbs force.

So, yeah... never use paper as padding. In fact, it's of suck negligible help in wrapping that I wouldn't even use it to wrap things BEFORE putting them in air pillows (etc.). Every bit of space being used by that paper is NOT being used by something that protects better.

Eric

UrbinoPrince ( 30 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by UrbinoPrince »

I have had similar experiences in the past. Sometimes good paper wrapping works if the contents are immobilized. Always, you need some form of cushioning. I don't recommend bubble wrap, regardless. Another BT trader gave me his solution, uncooked rice. Messy, not as expensive as yyou may think if yyou consider the alternative. Insurance may be worth considering from both ends. Splitting the costs may be helpful especially if overseas.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”