Help me ID some stuff!

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

TheKiiier ( 150 )
Journeyman Trader

Help me ID some stuff!

Post by TheKiiier »

Been meaning to do this next to forever but finally got around to it as today is my day off from work and I'm bored with nothing to do :lol: .

Need help to ID a ton of stuff I got a long while ago in a bitz bag deal. Most of it is your normal mini's but there are a bit of bitz in there too to crank up the difficulty for you all (can't have this be too easy y'know, that wouldn't be right :wink: )

The pictures are here:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n191 ... ini%20lot/

Would have posted them here directly but based on my own experiences with stuff not displaying decided to just direct to an external source.

Any help is greatly appreciated and in advance, Thank You!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Help me ID some stuff!

Post by MagickalMemories »

The guy on the left is an old Chaos (?) troll From GW.
Dunno about the one on the right.

Necromunda Cawdor Heavy weapon guy (probably H. Bolter), missing weapon.

These are misc pieces.
the head looks like an old "Storm Dragon" head from the Grenadier "Dragon lords" series.
The body could be any number of the dragons from the same seried. Same for the tails.
The wings look like they are part of some generic winged undead humanoid... if it's the one I remember, it looks like an armored warrior/lich with wings. Kinda dumb.

I don't know who made them... Leading Edge wouldn't surprise me.
Thos look like "Predator" minis... as in the movie Predator.

I think it's Grenadier. Should say on the bottom of the base.
"Giant Skeleton" or some such. VERY COOL mini. It was ahead of its' time, IMO, when it 1st came out. One of my faves in my collection. I love that the position he's holding the sword in is so "suggestive."

Don't know about the throne guy. I've seen him somewhere, but don't know.
The others were called "Pillars of Good and Evil" or something.
The shield is NOT part of the original piece. Rreaper, IIRC.

A lot of your generic slotted minis look like stuff from the Reaper (Warlord?) lines.
The one in the center is a sculpting dummy from Reaper.

Check your tabs. Many of your minis say "RMI" on them. that's Reaper, IIRC.
Some say "GW." That's obvious. LOL

The gun in the bottom left of this is a Storm Bolter from something GW.

The head is Ork/Orc, no doubt. Looks GW in style and size.
the arms look like Brettonian arms from a boxed set. I don't play fantasy, though.

The muscular arms are almost definitely GW fantasy orc, the other parts all look brettonian or empire. Again, I don't pay the game, so I can't tell many of the armies apart.

That's about all I've got for you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Post by vesrian »

The human arms and banner poles from the last 2 pictures in MM's post are empire bitz for warhammer fantasy battle. Specifically, i think they are the command bits from the 5th edition boxes of soldiers and militia. The four sets of bits with dagger,pouch, and crossbow (2nd picture from the bottom) are probably also from those sets.
I follow the generally accepted practice that the person with the lower rating ships first.
my references: click here
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

the mini with the mask to the right of the sculpting dummy, looks like judge mortis of the judge dredd lie.. it too fuzzy and cut to tell.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock wrote:the mini with the mask to the right of the sculpting dummy, looks like judge mortis of the judge dredd lie.. it too fuzzy and cut to tell.
If you go to his PBucket link & look at page 2, there is ONE picture in it... It's that mini.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

nope, it's definately NOT judge mortis. it also said rmi or such on the tab in the pic of it and 2 others.
someone said that was reaper.. well after the judges.. and the mask on the front of the helm is not right.

just a evil/dark/black knight or anti-paladin.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
TheKiiier ( 150 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheKiiier »

Thanks for all the replies, it's all been very helpful with the info.

Yes, I saw that it said RMI on the tabs of some of the mini's but seeing as I only ever played 40K I don't know what/how other companies label their stuff so it might as well have been blank to me.

As for the stuff like the big dragon well, there is something on the bases but it's so messed up it's unreadable either due to some file work or some glue/epoxy residue from when it looks like they were mounted on bases? Also the dragon looks like a single set since I once dry assembled it and all the pieces fit perfectly well with each other if I remember correctly. The GW stuff I knew who made it but not what set it came from since GW no longer shows box set bits stuff online and I can't get to the big honkin' GW catalog my brother has that shows almost everything GW has ever made. The Predator stuff I knew was based on the movie/comics and what not but not who made them or for what game/system.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Here's a trick.
Now, it won't be useful on stuff where the bottom has been mangled physically (either with knives, gutters or epoxy resin, etc). It will help on stuff that has inscribing on the bottom that is unaltered, but you just cant read it.

Black Ink.

A nice, generous coating of black ink will fill in the low lying spaces and help distinguish the writing better.

Eric

TheKiiier ( 150 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheKiiier »

Cool, never thought of that :lol: .
sasori ( 67 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by sasori »

The predators are from Mark Copplestone.

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW

They can be found at the bottom of the page under "Non-Humans" FW32 Hunter Aliens with Guns.
Viewer suppression is advised.

Terry "the other white meat" m
pjschard ( 26 )
BTown Regular

Post by pjschard »

in the second to last pick, the two arms joined with sword in each
IIRC part from the Dechala the Denied one mini.
I will not ship internationally marked as a gift
Please don't ask
Already committed enough felonies unkowingly
Warhammer sales ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Warhammer sales »

The first picture with the chaos troll, I think the other one is a chaos troll as well. Just converted or something different about the weapon.

There is bit that has 2 arms and 2 swords. That bit belongs to dechala the denied, a slaanesh daemon special character.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Holy threadomancy, Batman!

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”