Bulk liquidation of life long 40k Collection, how to?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

smilbuta ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Bulk liquidation of life long 40k Collection, how to?

Post by smilbuta »

Hello Btown,

My life long frind and fellow gamer has decided to liquidate his entire.. I mean all !!! GW 40 and WHFB items.
We are currenlty gathering the items in his garage for a rough inventory but our initial estimates is putting the ammount of stuff close to $10,000. Granted, he does not expect any thin near that...thats just us ball parking how much was spent to collect what he has.

Most of it in mixed stages of completion, some units fully painted.. other still on sprue.Should we attemp a local sale first? TO ship his Space wolf army we calculated it would take 5 Large Flat rate boxes!! He has 7 Armies like this. Alot of it is older 3rd - 5th edition metals.
A full metal steel legion army 200+ men + 15-20 vehicle, Half of them are original forge world variants.

He does not intend to Piece meal items. He want to move Large Chunks pennies on the dollar.

How is the best way to present this type of collection for bulk sale??
Any advice welcome.
----------------------------------------------
My Trading Rules:
NOTICE: NO INTERNATIONAL TRADES OR SALES PERIOD.
1) I expect Bartertown courtesy during trades, Low Rating Ships First.
2) I never send PayPal as GIFT and you should not either.
3) Any Bad Refs on your REP in the last year, then you ship first.(Negotiable based on over all REP).
4) If your buying, you pay first.
5) If you have '0' Refs we cannot do business.

READ--->PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLY'S IN MY THREADS, PM ME.
ShadowXIX ( 264 )
BTown Regular

Re: Bulk liquidation of life long 40k Collection, how to?

Post by ShadowXIX »

Sent you a PM with some advice and comments.
smilbuta ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by smilbuta »

Hello All,
Thank you for all the advice @ShadowXIX,
I have had about half a dozen PM request for items.
At this time I canot tell you all exactly what we have as we are still sorting every thing out.

Those that have PMed, we will reach out to privately letting you know when we are ready to list stuff.

I will be linking spread sheets of the items.

WE WONT BE DOING 1 item sales. ITs BULK ONLY, but it will be literaly like 75-85% off. We Need the stuff gone.
I will use this thread to keep yal updated.
My Trading Rules:
3) Any Bad Refs on your REP in the last year, then you ship first.(Negotiable based on over all REP).

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

smilbuta wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:30 am
Hello All,
Thank you for all the advice @ShadowXIX,
I have had about half a dozen PM request for items.
At this time I canot tell you all exactly what we have as we are still sorting every thing out.

Those that have PMed, we will reach out to privately letting you know when we are ready to list stuff.

I will be linking spread sheets of the items.

WE WONT BE DOING 1 item sales. ITs BULK ONLY, but it will be literaly like 75-85% off. We Need the stuff gone.
I will use this thread to keep yal updated.
If you are really interested in moving a large lot like this, you'll want to find one of the many resellers. I happen to do that, so shoot me a PM if you're interested in getting rid of the whole lot in one place.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

My suggestion?
Pare down your lots.
If he's got a Space Wolf Army that takes 5 boxes to ship, break it down into a few armies. Sell them on eBay. Don't list all your "competing" armies at once.
Got 3 Space Wolf armies, once broken down? Sell them at 3 different times. Don't be your own competition.
Got bits? Sell them in lots. Don't sell them all in ONE lot (probably). You'll likely want to break them down into a few, depending on how many he has.
If he was a decent painter, offer painted stuff separate from unpainted. The price bump you'll get will be worth the split.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
smilbuta ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by smilbuta »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 am
My suggestion?
Pare down your lots.
If he's got a Space Wolf Army that takes 5 boxes to ship, break it down into a few armies. Sell them on eBay. Don't list all your "competing" armies at once.
Got 3 Space Wolf armies, once broken down? Sell them at 3 different times. Don't be your own competition.
Got bits? Sell them in lots. Don't sell them all in ONE lot (probably). You'll likely want to break them down into a few, depending on how many he has.
If he was a decent painter, offer painted stuff separate from unpainted. The price bump you'll get will be worth the split.

Eric
Heya,
Thanks for the advice but this is exactly what we dont want to do. One or two buyers max.

As a note to all , we have received multipe requests for parts of the collection. Unfortunately we are not doing this at this time.
We are still in the process of gathering and inventory(sorry, its taking a bit). Those bulk buyers that have reached out to us, your on our short list.
My Trading Rules:

vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Post by vurumai »

Ignore the advice to pare down your lots. It is silly. You said pretty clearly in your post that you or the owner would prefer a bulk sale, so advice to the contract seems to reflect poor reading comprehension. Sell in large lots with the understanding that you will not make as much in exchange for the easy of moving a large amount of minis in a few steps.

Present the lots with a large group shot and a few detail shots of minis that are representative of how they are painted or assembled. Pictures are what are going to sell the lots. Don't elude to splitting the lots and ignore people that ask for small pieces of what you are offering.

Honestly eBay or Reddit might be better resources.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Locking as this was thread necromancy.. Last post was in April.. if smilbuta wants it back open, PM me
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

As an Admin, I have the privilege of posting in locked threads.
vurumai wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 am
Ignore the advice to pare down your lots. It is silly. You said pretty clearly in your post that you or the owner would prefer a bulk sale, so advice to the contract seems to reflect poor reading comprehension. Sell in large lots with the understanding that you will not make as much in exchange for the easy of moving a large amount of minis in a few steps.

Present the lots with a large group shot and a few detail shots of minis that are representative of how they are painted or assembled. Pictures are what are going to sell the lots. Don't elude to splitting the lots and ignore people that ask for small pieces of what you are offering.

Honestly eBay or Reddit might be better resources.

Vurumai, you're been quiet for a while, and I thought you'd grown TF up. I thought you were done being a smart ass because you don't like the fact that I've come down on you for your rules violations and being an ass on Bartertown SO MANY TIMES.
Guess not.

Trying to get a few "shots" in at me under the guise of offering someone else advice? That's seriously ill advised, sir.

The post said he didn't "intend" to split it up, not that he wouldn't (*ahem* reading comprehension *ahem*). Just because someone doesn't WANT to do something, that doesn't mean it's not better for them to do what they don't want to.
For example, YOU didn't want to keep your yap shut and NOT be a smartass. CLEARLY, though, it would've been better for you to have done what you didn't want to.
If you want to discuss comprehension with me, let's go. Since you have yet to comprehend that it's ill advised to try to come on here and out smartass ME, I'm thinking you're coming into the battle at a deficit, though.

You have a problem with this post? You have 3 choices:
1) Suck it up, buttercup.
2) Take it up with me directly. You know how to send a PM.
3) [This is my PERSONAL suggestion] Shoot a PM to Linrandir. Provide a link to this thread. See how that goes for you. In fact... he's kind of busy. PM me after you PM HIM, and I'll text him to be sure he gets to it ASAP. I'm conscientious like that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”