Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

Post by Linrandir »

First, thanks to the folks who suggested this. I must admit I'm a little embarassed I didn't think of it first, but oh well. It's been a while since I've done reference desk work. :-)

This forum is for any questions or requests you, the Bartertown Users, may have.

:twisted: Okay, any Bartertown-specific questions & requests. No homework help or tax advice, anyway. :twisted:

So, if you need to find out about bad trade reporting practices, or forum rules, click on the links in my signature below or run the risk of getting told to RTFM.
Or in this case, RTFWP. :-)

If you have questions about said policies, post them here. If you see something on the boards that strikes you as odd, post it here or PM one of the BT Staff (Admin, Moderators and Watchmen). Since this may get rather large, we reserve the right to delete duplicate questions and at some point we may just assemble this into a giant stickied FAQ.

Thanks and have at!
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

Thanks Lin! This is yet another great addition to BT!
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
Beatnikgoth ( 0 )
New Trader

Question about seven day limit

Post by Beatnikgoth »

Looking at the rules, it says no reposting w/i seven calendar days.
Cool - got it. And I think that what I'd like to do is good within that ruleset, but wanted to make sure -
Within the same forum, make several posts but not duplicate any items from one post to another (I have lots of 40K stuff to get rid of).
Example:
On Wed, I post a bunch of Dark Eldar - I can't repost this stuff until seven calendar days, but I could - on the same day, post on the same forum a bunch of Space Marine stuff - just so long as nothing was duplicated.

Is this correct? Just want to make sure I'm not pissing anybody off.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

No, you lump all your 40K items into one post for the 40K forum. Seven days later, you can re-post anything that's left.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
flagg07 ( 232 )
Resident Trader

Post by flagg07 »

No, that is not correct.

By your example, you would have to wait 7 calendar days to post the second set. This rule is also auotmated now because people found counting to 7 too difficult.

Since you have 40k stuff, it obviously goes in the 40k forum.

If you had bits for trade or sale, you could post again in the bit section.

If you had any other game systems/ types (Clix or WHFB) you could post within those forums.

If you were interested in stuff outside of what you had, you could also post in that forum.

All of these additional posts would be kosher as long as the stuff you had or were looking for applied to those posts.

YOU CAN NOT:
Post 2 separate trading threads in the same forum.
You can't post 40k stuff in WFB forum if you are not looking for WFB or do not have any WFB.

Regardless, the system won't let you post against the rules anymore. You can always edit your post to add to or take away.

Examples:
Have 40K/ Want 40K--- 40K forum only
Have 40K/ WFB Want Yadda Yadda-- 40K Forum, WFB forum, Yadda Yadda Forum

Welcome to Bartertown
Beatnikgoth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Beatnikgoth »

Alrighty. One post it is.
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Looking up Refs Question

Post by connivingsumo »

Hello,

I looked around and couldn't find the answer to my question; however, it's likely in front of my face somewhere (I checked the FAQs), so I, at the very least, tried to post in the correct forum. :oops:

I'm curious if there is any way to look up a trader's feedback other than their posts? The situation that I am coming across is this...

Someone sends a PM stating their interest in my items.
I open the PM, read the message, and then click on their name.
Then I click on "Search User's Posts."
Select a random post and click on it.
Then I can see their reference score, I click on it.
Now I can read their references.

That's sort of a pain in the backside, but it's the only way I know how to do it (thank you Gubnutz - he told me how to do it).

Just the other day, however, I came across a fella that sent me a PM and I tried to check his posts and he doesn't have any. So then I tried to look him up in the "members" area but it just tells me his rank. Frustrated, I tried to do a "check references" and tried searching by his last name and his state, but - alas - there were too many folks in AZ and too many folks w/the last name "Davis."

I'm quite confident that this is a "user" issue and that I am unaware of a simpler, more efficient way to check feedback, so I am asking how to do just that :mrgreen:

If there isn't... :shocked:
"Don't be a douche, feedback helps everyone" ~ancientsociety-AKA-The Bartertown Curmudgeon
Good Refs owed to me (Did my part & left good refs): JohnDeSilva (MIA), Hussar1m, 2.0, UvulaBob.
Click 'User Control Panel', Click 'Profile', and fill out your location! :)
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood Help-Forum!

Post by vesrian »

connivingsumo,

you can search by username here:
ref_view.php

It's the new version of the reference check page. For some reason, the link on the top of the page still points to the old version which doesn't allow checking by username.
I follow the generally accepted practice that the person with the lower rating ships first.
my references: click here
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

Well... there it is :mrgreen:

Thank you much Vesrian!! 8)
"Don't be a douche, feedback helps everyone" ~ancientsociety-AKA-The Bartertown Curmudgeon
Good Refs owed to me (Did my part & left good refs): JohnDeSilva (MIA), Hussar1m, 2.0, UvulaBob.
Click 'User Control Panel', Click 'Profile', and fill out your location! :)
lynchpin667 ( 98 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by lynchpin667 »

I have a question: could I possibly change my forum name to match my PP forum name so the two are congruous?
Positive References owed to me:
Gorillatactics, JJBoogie, Eseloco, pookie01, monroe126, Ep3
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Would depend if it was already in use. Contact one of the admins (MagickalMemories, porkuslime, or Linrandir) via PM and see if they can help you.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Would depend if it was already in use. Contact one of the admins (MagickalMemories, porkuslime, or Linrandir) via PM and see if they can help you.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
akmm578 ( 78 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by akmm578 »

Hi!

I have a question, and I hope I am asking in the correct area. If not, I am very, very sorry! :( I am just wondering how I delete my posts? I'm sure it is super obvious and I am just missing it. But I have a couple of posts I put up less than a week ago, and I would just like to completely remove them. How do I do that?

Thank you all very, very much!!!
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Good help guide, I could use some help for http://www.rsclegacy.com/forum.php when you get a chance.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
akmm578 ( 78 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by akmm578 »

haha Don't worry! I know all about the 7 day rule and have no desire to ever try to skirt any of the rules here. Actually, I am asking because I want to ebay my stuff, and I know that I can't have it both here and there. So I am trying to get my posts here deleted, you know? I do not see an x in the upper right hand side of my posts. Does that mean that I have to have someone else delete them?

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”