Windows 10 stock browser vrs Bartertown site

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Windows 10 stock browser vrs Bartertown site

Post by jason1977 »

So my wife and I bought a new Windows 10 machine about a month ago. No big issue to date with programs or web sites ( sorry MM) that matter. Banks, medical sites, student loans, EBAY, Dakka, the local gaming club's site and EBAY all work fine. For some reason, Bartertown is giving our machine fits. As soon as I hit the 'a' in my username, the computer throws a fit and thinks about doing any work. The little blue circle things shows up and spins and spins. It takes way too long to log in. I was finally able to log in now but I'm in a different browser window. I first went to my bank and the connection went secure. I typed in www.Bartertown.com in the address location and boom. In like Flynn yet not secure. The window I'm using now does not look like the normal one we use for other web browsing needs.

Am I missing something here? I will admit fully that I'm almost pure ork when it comes to tech. I can post machine specs and get the wife to provide some more information if needed.

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Windows 10 stock browser vrs Bartertown site

Post by MagickalMemories »

I don't use Edge. Don't like it. One of the first things I did was use Edge to download Firefox.
Life was good again.

There is a lot of bloatware that I got with my WIN 10 machine last year. Couldn't STAND it. Lots of crap.

Were you trying to log into BT as an https site? because we aren't. Or were you just explaining what happened? Might be a setting in Edge causing that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

MagickalMemories wrote:Were you trying to log into BT as an https site? because we aren't.
In our saved sites listings, Btown is a http site. If there is another prefix I should be using please show me the ways.

My wife did add Btown to the list of approved Kaspersky sites and it seem to have fixed the issue.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Nope. We're http. That was why I asked.

So, it looks like it was a Kaspersky issue, then?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I've run kaspersky for the last 15 or so years and am on here daily. I have not run into this issue.

My bet is it's hardware related or whatever this windows browser is (I use chrome myself) combined in some way together (possibly with Kaspersky but like I said, you'd assume other users would have the same issues).

But, if it's working now then awesome!

If others run into the same issue we can explore more into what may be causing it.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Bit of an update:

I am still having trouble using Edge on Bartertown. I was able to 'pin' good old fashioned Explorer to the task bar. I'm using Explorer now to type this here. I have no issues using the older browser to do my Bartertown business. Lets see what happens.

Jason
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

So you feel it's an edge thing?
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

That's strange, I'm on Edge right now to test it out and for the moment it works fine. I'm usually on Chrome though
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

3eland wrote:So you feel it's an edge thing?
I think so. When I would use edge to go to my bank, an Explorer window would pop up in a secure session.

I asked the Microsoft guy at the local store (no plugs folks) and he was puzzled as to what was happening.

But remember folks...I'm no techy person so it could be some major user issue. I just texted a techy person I know who is a member here. Perhaps he can get his 2 cents in.

Jason

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”