Leeway for Good Traders?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

alchahest ( 26 )
Trade Novice

Leeway for Good Traders?

Post by alchahest »

Hey,
I'm in a bit of a pickle - sent payment back on January 6th, then no word til Jan 31, which was an apology for the delay citing work and health issues. At that point I was advised that shipment would go out on the Wednesday (Feb 1). Haven't heard a thing since. The seller has tons of good feedback and no negative feedback, and I am very interested in getting the items paid for (rather than seeking a refund).

My request for an update is still sitting in my outbox. I am really confused as to how to proceed. I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, as they've got such good feedback, and they had mentioned health issues. I'm wondering though if there is a statute of limitations on how long I should be waiting til I have to seek some kind of intervention?
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: Leeway for Good Traders?

Post by porkuslime »

You can always send a PM to a staff member, they might have some information that is known about your trade parter.. Not always, but occasionally.

Also, what is the guy's feedback score? A lot, or around yours?

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
alchahest ( 26 )
Trade Novice

Post by alchahest »

I've only got a 24, but he's got a 36. all positive in both cases. I'll try contacting a staff member, thank you!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

High feedback traders should be held to the same standard as anyone else, if not higher.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”