Too many questions on a trade?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Too many questions on a trade?

Post by Glasswalker21 »

So I've been using B-town off an on for a couple years now. I haven't done a TON of trades but several were for $1k worth of models or more so I feel like I have a good grasp on how things work here. Normally the trades have been pleasant and with no issues at all and I think part of that goes to asking any questions up front and making sure we're both %100 about the contents and the quality of the trade.

I haven't had any complaints up to this point about trying to clarify the details of assembled models until a potential trade partner basically went off on me which obviously killed the deal from my end. I can see how it's annoying to answer questions but if I ask you what bits you have and the answer is "yes" I think some elaboration is fair. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Does anyone else maybe over analyze a trade to make sure there aren't any surprises when things arrive? I'm genuinely curious about ya'lls thoughts since this is the first time I've run into this on here.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Too many questions on a trade?

Post by pretre »

I don't know that there can legitimately be too many questions on a trade. Your trade partner should provide pictures and/or complete details on the models. Anything less and they are trying to hide something.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Post by Glasswalker21 »

That was the general feeling i was getting as the pictures i was sent didnt match everything i was being told. And given the reaction to the questions im glad it fell apart now rather than later, i dont see it going well after the money changed hands.
It just felt very out of place based on all my other interactions with other people on here.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If someone freaks out over your questions, move along. Whether they're being honest or not is secondary, IMO, at that point. Clearly, they're not the trader for you!
If you trade with me, you'd better go ahead and offer up more details than you'd expect to because, if ANYTHING isn't crystal clear to me, I WILL be asking questions... and likely will ask follow up questions on THOSE.

Pretre and I have traded... a couple times... LOL He's unlikely to get asked a ton of questions. That's because I know he's going to tell me everything HE would want to know... and that's what I want to know, pretty much. : ) Same goes for a number of other people. If I don't have a lot of experience with you, though? Yeah. You're getting inundated.

Your experience described above was abnormal. Most traders are understanding about it, provided you couch your questions carefully. If you come across like you're ASKING THEM QUESTIONS, rather than QUESTIONING THEM (people don't like "being questioned"), you'll be fine.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”