USPS says delivered but nope

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

amrogers3 ( 160 )
Journeyman Trader

USPS says delivered but nope

Post by amrogers3 »

Anyone have a package show delivered but it's not in your mailbox? It has been a few days, not sure what to do or how to handle.
Feedback owed by jpgr222, wonkobaggins, theredbaronx, thecardogre, Kinnuar
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Re: USPS says delivered but nope

Post by jason1977 »

Call the office from where the carrier works out of. Perhaps, by mistake it went to the wrong house. I can throw a baseball to another 121 house from my front door so it can happen. If you know your neighbors, knocking on doors wont hurt either.

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Definitely call and talk to your carrier. He or she is likely to remember the package and what he did with it.

Eric

Also, stupid question: Did you check your bushes, by the back door or side door, etc?
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Also, reach out to your neighbors, check behind bushes near your door and behind fences on side yards (if you have a house). These are all things that have happened to our customers.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Tom Semian ( 146 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tom Semian »

My $.02,
I have not used Bartertown in many years. Just started relooking at it today. My and my wife's experiences with the U.S.P.S. and it's tracking: If you have not received an item, but the U.S. Post Office states that it was delivered. In my opinion there are only two reasons for this:

#1. The U.S.P.S. delivered the package somewhere else and marked it as delivered. This has happened to both myself and my wife on several occasions. Each time we were lucky and the people who received our packages were kind enough to both inform us and the U.S.P.S. of their mistake. So, my wife and I have both decided that U.S.P.S. Tracking is usually a waste of good money.
I will say however, that many a time U.S.P.O. Dept. have damaged the mailing containers and the enclosed contents, or on one occasion my front screen door (at our last house).

#2. Some rotten person has stolen our mail. Has never happened to us. However, I will not say that this never happens---since I have heard all too often that it does.

Sincerely,
Tom Semian
Irvine, PA. 16329
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Whooo.... talk about threadomancy! LOL

But yeah, Tom. Those are the 2 most common occurrences for that issue.
These days, as cheap as they're getting, most people should just have some sort of camera system set up.
(My personal opinion).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”