Bartertown's 8th painting Contest - Voting Thread!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

TWO VOTES! Please, vote for your favorite TWO models (10 days to vote)

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:56 am

1) Possessed Chaos
15%
2) Eiryss
19%
3) Nemo
29%
4) Imotekh
No votes
5) SM captain
29%
6) Viktoria
8%

Total votes: 48

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Bartertown's 8th painting Contest - Voting Thread!

Post by CMSheats »

Ill probly end up doing both again
Sounds good.
just gotta make sure and get some elves done before i can
Lol, you better! :lol:

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Who says the contest's over? I put it in for 10 days:
Poll runs till Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm
Even if I reduce that to 7 days (which I can't without deleting all the votes), it should run until 8:56 PM on the 17th.
I can't run a poll to end at a certain date and time. Only a specific number of days (which the site calculates as EXACTLY 14 hours).

I'm thinking the poll needs to run it's course, but that's just my input. At the least, it should go until the 17th, so there's a full week of voting. [/my opinions]

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I'd be fine with it ending, or with it having more time for voting, since it seemed pretty short. Anyone have strong feelings, either way?
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Even if I reduce that to 7 days (which I can't without deleting all the votes), it should run until 8:56 PM on the 17th.
I can't run a poll to end at a certain date and time. Only a specific number of days (which the site calculates as EXACTLY 14 hours).

I'm thinking the poll needs to run it's course, but that's just my input. At the least, it should go until the 17th, so there's a full week of voting. [/my opinions]
Oooohhh. I didn't know that polls had times.... I thought you just closed it when the end date came. Sorry. Ok, so I guess the polls are still open till 8:56 PM on the 17th. So somebody PLEASE break the tie we have going! Also, for the future, I will know when the end date for the poll itself is and then the end voting date will be ended around that. Thanks M&M!

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

Np here we can let the polls run as long as you guys want :)
Looking for a someone to paint your army? Visit http://www.CMSheatspainting.com for details on all our commissions.

I trade in the US only unless your willing to pay full shipping with insurance.
Trades on a Retail for Retail Basis unless otherwise agreed to before hand.
Lower rating ships first on all trades, buyer pays first in all cash transactions.
Delivery confirmation will be used by me and will be asked of you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

IMO, it should just be allowed to run it's course until the 20th. Otherwise, if some votes come in that change the outcome, you risk ticking people off.
"Look! They gave the victory to him but, if they let the voting go until the full ten days was up, *I* would have won!"

We can all be p!ssy little gamers, so don't even THINK it wouldn't happen. LOL

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
theeldar ( 30 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by theeldar »

I say let it run as well, it's only fair. I'm just happy to not be in last anymore lol. You guys did amazing jobs with your mini's. I'll be licking my wounds on this one but have taken a lot of lessons in improvements to technique. Great job to all.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

te, I don't know which was yours, but you don't have anything to feel bad about. IMO, the results of this one, though small, are the BEST group we've ever had here. I liked EVERY model that there was a picture of... it just happened that there were 2 that I liked more than the rest.

Eric

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

IMO, it should just be allowed to run it's course until the 20th. Otherwise, if some votes come in that change the outcome, you risk ticking people off
Sorry, I thought that you said it ended on the 17th. So the 20th then!
I don't know which was yours, but you don't have anything to feel bad about. IMO, the results of this one, though small, are the BEST group we've ever had here. I liked EVERY model that there was a picture of... it just happened that there were 2 that I liked more than the rest.
I agree. This is the best group of minis I think we have had in the painting contests. And everyone did a great job! Thanks!

Chris
athelu ( 608 )
Resident Trader

Post by athelu »

I saw no way to make two votes though? Maybe I just assumed that it would prompt me for a second vote, and I could make a multiple choice on the first submit?
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

athelu wrote:I saw no way to make two votes though? Maybe I just assumed that it would prompt me for a second vote, and I could make a multiple choice on the first submit?
They weren't radio buttons, so you could just check two boxes...
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Lol, the tie was broken and now they are tied again. :lol: Wow.
I saw no way to make two votes though? Maybe I just assumed that it would prompt me for a second vote, and I could make a multiple choice on the first submit?
You had to check two boxes like spiralingcadaver was saying... but thinking about it I think now that that was a bad idea....

I thought having two votes per voter would help eliminate ties. But I was thinking you could vote twice for the same model. But having to vote for what you think is best, and then what you think is second best doesn't work out so well. Well, now I know for next contest. :wink:

Chris
BITZJUNKIE ( 1096 )
Resident Trader

Post by BITZJUNKIE »

Let 'er ride!

Just a few more days and I am still stoked to see what happens.
Need Terrain? Visit me at:
http://konfliktterrain.webs.com/

BT Refs: http://bartertown.com/trading/ref_view. ... r_id=12578

Lower BT ratings ships first; paypal preferred. Reply to PMs, even with a "no thanks." I may lag, but I will reply!

Please try to leave a ref for each transaction. I always will. It tells myself and others what kind of trade partner I am!
Iamlegion ( 134 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Iamlegion »

I thought that Vicktoria was the best. Should have voted for myself :P
I use Standard Bartertown rules

Lower ships first, even if its me.
I use USPS Priority with tracking. Please do the same.
I always take the utmost care when packing my minis. I expect the same.
Any packages that arrive with poorly packed and unsecured models will be considered a deal breaker. I understand that the package is not in your control during transit, but the packing is in your control. If models are sliding around in the box that's BAD.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Iamlegion wrote:I thought that Vicktoria was the best. Should have voted for myself :P
I liked that basing work, and am not so prideful as to pretend I didn't cop the look of the grey coat for my own Vik in progress.
-Nietzsche

Return to “Bartertown Contests”