7th Bartertown Painting Contest!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

7th Bartertown Painting Contest!

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys!

It's time for the 7th Bartertown painting contest! The contest will start on,

Start - Sunday, the 15th of January (ALL entries must be finalized and pics sent before this date)

Finish - Monday, the 30th of January

The Rules

1. You must paint your own model, commission painted pieces DO NOT count!

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Model must be completely painted, no half painted models.

5. Have fun with what you are painting.

6. Converted models are accepted but not necessary. Conversions will not be taken into account as far as best painted results. Those voting, please only vote on painting skill, not conversion work.

7. Absolutely NO vulgar models. Please don't do a conversion that is tasteless and profane and submit it.

8. Those in charge of the contest as well as the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on
. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. TWO votes per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

Send me the pictures of your model that you will be painting with the BT contest page behind your model, or a thumbs up, ect. The model must be paint free. All model entries MUST be a "non vehicle single miniature." NO exceptions.

Contest prizes will be provided for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements. CMSheats will be providing prizes for the contest. The prizes are as follows.

1st - $15

2nd - $10

3rd - $5

There will be a max of 15 entries. This is on a first come first serve bases.

You can reserve your spot now, just send me the picture of your model.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, and I will get back with you as soon as I can.
Thanks so much!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 7th Bartertown Painting Contest!

Post by CMSheats »

5/15

Five out of fifteen slots have been reserved for this contest.
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Another spot has been taken. And instead of posting each time someone takes a spot, I am just going to edit the post right above this one. So keep a lookout on the post above this one to see how many people are coming in.

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, it's four days until we will not except entries for the contest. (the 15th) There are still 11 openings left, so there is still plenty of space to reserve your spot. I will be sponsoring this contest, the prizes are as follows.

1st - $15

2nd - $10

3rd - $5

Prizes will be sent via paypal, and marked as a gift so you don't get the fees. Thanks!

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, I will be posting the pics of the models that have been accepted either tonight or early tomorrow. Meanwhile, everyone can start painting! Good luck guys!

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, here are some of the Entries.

1) Viktoria
lusus.jpg
2) Warjack
IMAG0011.jpg
3) Space Marnie
IMG_0337.JPG

The others will follow shortly, small difficulties are delaying them. Thanks!

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

And here is the last one.

4) Ogre Maneater
Painting Contest 7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Darn, in the future, any chance you could cross-post in Creative Endeavors? I check that way more than here, since stuff at the top is usually more logistical than hobby-oriented.

Thanks
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh, ya no problem. Thanks!

Chris
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Thanks! (Any chance I can squeeze in a late entry?)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I guess that's ok. (We aloud it last time) You just have to get a picture of your unpainted model with the BT painting page in the background of your pic. PM me that and you can go ahead and get painting!

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

And here is the last one that just got submitted.

5) Space Marine Captain
DSC_0205b.jpg
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, so is everyone getting pretty close to being done? There are only four days left. I have only received pictures of one model so far.

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Alright guys, if you could send your pictures of your finished minis to me I will go ahead and get them posted and we can get to voting! Thanks!

Chris
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

CMSheats wrote:Alright guys, if you could send your pictures of your finished minis to me I will go ahead and get them posted and we can get to voting! Thanks!

Chris
Sorry I didn't make it. Maybe next time!

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)

Return to “Bartertown Contests”