The 5th painting contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Re: The 5th painting contest?

Post by Bulkoth »

I'd recommend "infantry" be "non vehicle single miniature" if someone wants to paint a greater demon in 2 weeks god speed to them... I'm gonna stick with my 40mm based mini
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

by the way you might wanna pick an exact date/time for the contest to end, once you get an admin i guess
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Wow, got a lot of posts! If everybody could send me the pics of their models I can post them, like M&M suggested. I would love for staff to get involved! gpfredette I think that's fine. As long as everything isn't in the base then that's totally cool. This is for the paint job not the bases. As far as starting dates... What would you guys think of October 9th to the 23rd. That way we have time to sort this out. If I get this all sorted then we could always start earlier. So send me your pics and I will post them and we can all decide whether they should be allowed. Also, still working on getting a Mod. Looks like I may have found one.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

Works for me
Last edited by Bulkoth on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, that looks great! About a prize..... that really depends on what you guys want to do. Could there be a fee to enter and then 1st 2nd and 3rd get the fees split among them? 1st getting the most ect. That should work if in your pic of your model you just have your username beside it. Also, should I post pics here? And then get a mod to open a new thread for the final products?
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I would look around for a advertiser or online store to maybe sponsor the contest before asking the participants to pay a fee. A lot of times we did this in the past, we've had a few people generous enough to offer prizes.

I still remember winning a conversion contest (or placing, anyway, don't remember THAT well :P) and I won a GW tool kit that was pretty nice, I think some other prizes for that contest were a tube of green stuff and something else, too.

Ask around, I'm sure someone would participate.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

Are we going with non-vehicle single miniature? I would love that as my Ogres would so count... Once I know that I will forward CM a pic of my "before" model and start painting on the 9th.

No tube of green stuff for me BTW, this stuff please and thank you!!!!

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ya, a non-vehicle single miniature should be fine. So as long as your Ogre is giant or anything it should probably work.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, so a updated list of all who are going to be in it.

CMSheats

oaflord

insidius

Bulkoth

gohkmkelvin

extropymine

M&M and gpfredette, are you two planning on joining? Also, let me know if you guys know anybody who might be interested in sponsoring this.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Start going through the advetisers list, wouldn't hurt to start there.

Maybe the Dragon Forge Store? Not sure if I'm allowed to link to them or not.

EDIT: should be ok, they're an advertiser here as well, turns out.

http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20s ... e_sets.htm

I'm thinking of basing my next army with their bases.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, wasn't sure if that would be just plain old rude or not. : ) But I will give it a shot.

EDIT: Ok, got those sent and will let you know if anything comes of it.
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

The worst they could say is that they're not interested.

*shrugs*

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

That's true. Don't have that much to lose by asking. Except if it annoys them and then don't give me any discounts on their stuff in the future. :-D But lets hope that doesn't happen.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Well, don't ask for anything. Just mention what we're doing here, having a painting contest, and ask if they'd like to sponsor the event with a contribution. No pressure, no hassle, no big deal.

Think that's the way we've always done it here in my experience.

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh... I flat out asked if they would sponsor it. :shocked: Sorry, thought that was what I was supposed to do.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”