When is the next conversion contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Re: When is the next conversion contest?

Post by tordeck »

as long its conversion only and not painting i am in
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Wonderful! So we have...

MagickalMemories - as a maybe

spiralingcadaver - as a maybe

CMSheats - also as a maybe

cursedmydice - is in

tordeck - is in

Looking good! We should have no problem getting five people. Thanks!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

You can put me in as a maybe. Like I said, it's all conditional on what the details are.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Great! Well, I just found these rules for the 2009 conversion contest.

The Rules

1. You must convert your own model, and it IS to be unpainted. This includes primer. No primer at all.

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used; alternately, you can scratchbuild your entry.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Conversion base not to exceed 12 in. x 12 in.

5. Scene must contain at least one (1) but no more than six (6) total models.

6. Models must be at least 40% converted from the original.

7. Models must be in 25/28/30mm scale. The largest base size we'll allow is a 60mm diameter (Warmachine Large base size).

8. You must have at least two (2) pictures of the model. Before and after shots are strongly encouraged.

9. Keep them decent, mostly. An R-rating is as hard as we'll go on this one.

10. We the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. One vote per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

What theme would everyone like to do for it? Should it be a battle scene, funny, or just a cool conversion on something. Let me know what you guys think!

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

With mothers day coming up we should do one like this:

Who can make a female mini look as close to a picture of your mother as you can make. Must provide both pic of mini and pic of mother for the final voting. Then when the contest is over we all have an awesome mothers day present to go with it :)
Looking for a someone to paint your army? Visit http://www.CMSheatspainting.com for details on all our commissions.

I trade in the US only unless your willing to pay full shipping with insurance.
Trades on a Retail for Retail Basis unless otherwise agreed to before hand.
Lower rating ships first on all trades, buyer pays first in all cash transactions.
Delivery confirmation will be used by me and will be asked of you.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Haha, you know what! That's not a bad idea! What does everyone else think about that? Lol, I really do like that. :lol:

Chris
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'm out on both.
No desire to convert my mommy, and I don't have time to do a battle scene.
I was hoping for a SINGLE model conversion. Maybe something on a 50mm base or smaller.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Yeah... I'm not so sure about the conversion rules-- 4 and 5 suggest a display, and I generally am more interested in playable pieces. Same goes with the Mother's Day idea.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ya, I guess you guys are right. We should probably start small, and if this thing starts to take of big, then we could do battles(2-3 figs) and other stuff. But right now we should probably do just one model. (At lease for this first contest)

Chris
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

awww and i was really looking forward to doing up my mom hanging out the window of a big rig waving a beer :) And yes before you ask, that is an accurate description of my mother. She would probly mount it on the dashboard of her real truck lol
Looking for a someone to paint your army? Visit http://www.CMSheatspainting.com for details on all our commissions.

Lower rating ships first on all trades, buyer pays first in all cash transactions.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Haha, well there is always next time. : ) Lol, sounds like a pretty awesome mom. :wink: Ok, so single model, on whatever base you want. Other than that, should there be any restrictions? Should we say no bigger than a Ogre Bull for your model? And this is just the conversion. No painting. You are welcome to post pictures of your paint job on the model you converted after the contest, but this is about the conversion, not the painting.(That's what the painting contest is for!) So does that sound good to you guys? Ideas/suggestions? Anyone else interested in joining? Thanks!

Chris
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, for what it's worth, here are MY suggestions. Butcher them as you see fit:
1. You must convert your own model, and it IS to be unpainted. This includes primer. One or two individual bits may be primered, but the overall majority of the model should be bare metal/plastic/putty. If you're unsure, ask first.

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used; alternately, you can scratch-build your entry. If you're unsure, ask first.

3. Creativity is encouraged. If you're unsure, ask first.

4. Models must be at least 40% converted from the original. If you're unsure, ask first.

5. Models must be in 25/28/30mm scale. The largest base size we'll allow is a 50mm. The actual model should not be larger than would normally be placed on a base this size. If you're unsure, ask first.

6. You must have at least two (2) pictures of the model. Before and after shots are strongly encouraged. If you're unsure, ask first.

7. Keep them decent, mostly. A PG-13 rating is as hard as we'll go on this one. If you're unsure, ask first.

8. Bartertown Staff and/or the contest organizer reserve the right, at our own discretion, to remove any contest entry we feel violates any of these rules - either literally or in spirit. If you're unsure, ask first.
Now, just to figure out who will be the organizer.
Any takers? Anyone BESIDES CMSheats? He's been bearing a lot of the burden recently. I'd love to see someone else jump in and take the reins.

Eric

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Those look great! Man, it's really not a problem. I love helping out and watching these things form and seeing the final results. Unless you think there is a problem with how I am running stuff recently, I really don't mind running it. But of course, if you think there is any problem with how I am doing stuff, I understand, but it's really not a problem. :wink: Thanks!

Chris
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Nope. No problem with how you're doing it. I just thought it might be a good idea to make someone else do the leg work and give you a break.

Eric

cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

Im willing to run a contest here or there, ill even chip in prizes when i can. Ill help out anytime :)

Return to “Bartertown Contests”