Arena for Arena Rex

Only Sticks And Stones Terrain Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Arena for Arena Rex

Post by warlordgarou »

Working on a simple, octagonal arena for Arena Rex (or any other gladiator game, really). Should be about 25" across when complete. Walls can have columns on either side, and I'm currently working on the gateway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eugene_Sledge_312 ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: Arena for Arena Rex

Post by Eugene_Sledge_312 »

Not quite sure what this is. Looks more like a work in progress than a trade/sale topic.

Are you trying to move something thats not even done?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Eugene_Sledge_312 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 am
Not quite sure what this is. Looks more like a work in progress than a trade/sale topic.

Are you trying to move something thats not even done?
It's a WIP post, man. He says it right in the beginning of the thread:
Working on a simple, octagonal arena for Arena Rex (or any other gladiator game, really). Should be about 25" across when complete.
Not everything in an advertiser's subforum is specifically items that are for sale. It's his subforum, so he can post anything he wants, within our set boundaries of what's acceptable.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Eugene_Sledge_312 ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Eugene_Sledge_312 »

Well it's an 'advertisers' forum. Also this is the second time this was posted. The first one was in a different section a definite trade section. so I was curious thats all. Didnt know this site had a place to just show work.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Eugene_Sledge_312 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 pm
Well it's an 'advertisers' forum. Also this is the second time this was posted. The first one was in a different section a definite trade section. so I was curious thats all. Didnt know this site had a place to just show work.
Yep. It's a place where our Advertisers come to hawk their wares, update their customers... pretty much post almost whatever they want.

I don't know where you saw it before. Going back to the original post date of this ad, his post history doesn't show it having been posted anywhere else.

As for having a place to show work? Certainly! : )
For Advertisers, they have their own subforum, where they can post WIP if they want. But, at the bottom of the main page, we have a "Creative Endeavors" section where they or any other members can post any of their creative works they/you/we want. You should check it out. There is some pretty cool stuff there. Heck, you can even post some of your own, if you want!

Happy trading!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Chiming in on this (I saw it the other day, but a certain movie took precedence over replying.)

I'm not sure where you would have seen a trade post (or anything else) on this, other than in this thread. I did post a couple of work in progress (WIP) pics in the Arena Rex facebook group, as well as a couple of other FB groups, but nothing here. I put it here, in part to see if there was any interest in it. Currently, the project is shelved - it's going to take about 10 pounds of silicone rubber to make the molds, so the first arena is going to cost me several hundred dollars to make. (The second will cost considerably less, and, if my math is right, would be a commercially viable product, but even so, it's going to run close to $100. So, it's a project for 2018 - I've lost enough money in 2017 already. :lol: )

I do post things here in my subforum - mainly to let people know what I am working on, see if there are things that people want to see, and so forth. I also post terrain items, painted minis, etc in the "Creative Endeavors" area.

Return to “Sticks And Stones Terrain - Wargamers Deserve Quality, Affordable Terrain”