Thoughts on Carrion Empire???

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Thoughts on Carrion Empire???

Post by wsott1970 »

I think the flesh eater courts portion will sell well... probably helped by an LVO #1 list... but I just don't for the life of me know a think about the rats?

Are the skaven models good? Are they too prevalent already?

I would definitely love to get the special ghoul character out of the box... Very cool... and I will be buying the endless spells and thankfully a new book and cards/tokens.

Also, any thoughts on if it would be worthy of a trading thread?

Sean
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Thoughts on Carrion Empire???

Post by MagickalMemories »

I can't speak for fantasy, but I want a LOT of stuff on both sides from that box for 40k conversions.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

The funny thing is all I want is the new flesh-eater leader... I use the old metal ghouls and I know a great way to make more upright ghouls (like the old) - new ghoul arms/heads and the empire flagellant box... Very passable as old metal ghouls... and I have as many of the ogre-sized ones as I need (thought maybe I would take one set just in case)... I could use a full sized core book... if you decide to buy and don't want the ghoul character and book I can defer your costs a bit... Otherwise, I think I am going to buy one and part it out for one model (so sick).... lol

My undead is highly customized and always has been (non-gw components and models/generational model back to Warhammer v2-3 converted to stay modern)... How you can tell I have owned and used it for ages.

I suspect that box will trade well... but not 100% on it...

Sean
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

I need the expensive parts - all the stuff for Flesh-Eaters that are not in the main box.... lol
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'm not buying them.
The last thing I need right now is more unpainted plastic laying around.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

I am with you on that... but maybe not smart enough to stop.

For what it is worth I am bidding on the FE Character and watching eBay prices and they look really good... That one character is going for 25-30+ bucks... Obscene... and most of the stuff is selling well in general...

Will it stay like that past all the people that really want it??? Not a clue.

OH btw... I found a 'torso' I think you flip over... I found it today but didn't have my cell with me to take pics... Send you a pic tomorrow.

Sean
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

What is funny as I dig deeper into this set... There is literally only one dealer splitting the boxes (US-wise and in good volume)... The same dealer that sold most of the Wrath and Rupture the last time around... He does days and days of auctions... and I will bid on his stuff... but I know what he does and most people don't... and they get crazy mad about it... He actually presells stuff (even when they are in stock)... So, he gets his auction win money and goes and buys that many boxes... then ships them whenever they make it to him... I have watched this play out in his feedback... and I see where he says the 10 day handling delay (that most people don't notice)... and I have obviously bought things from him before.

I don't ever bid more than what I am willing to pay as a percentage of the discounted box... In other words, I am cheap as all get out... and I will float 30 bids just to have one hit... Winning an auction by bidding high (to me) isn't winning it is overpaying.

Can't help but think I could do a better job than this dude and invest 2-3K in boxes and just sell them with my account (that is only a few feedback off of his - with no negs)... Take what I want out of the boxes and/or make a profit... However, the IRS freaks me out these days... In the old days, I could make oodles of money with no real consequence... Now PayPal rats you out frequently for 5K coming in (from any source including refunds - don't believe the BS about 20K (eBay 20K maybe but you know you did your transactions through Paypal too, right???) it is 5K in Paypal as I have seen one person get nailed for it two years straight).

Hmmm... business and write off losses via depreciation... then eat accountant bills... hmm... Yeah, taxes do have a stifling effect on the economy... Bleh...

Sean
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 am
I can't speak for fantasy, but I want a LOT of stuff on both sides from that box for 40k conversions.

Eric
Conversions to what?

I not only can't afford to buy anything else, I've almost literally run out of room to store them; painted or otherwise.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

The Rat Ogre things would make some cool Grotesques, and I think the larger ghouls would, too.
The larger ghouls would also make good bases to create into Aberrants for my GSC army that's mostly kitbashed mutants. THe ghoul character could be an converted into an abominant.
The smaller ghouls make great bits-fodder for mutants.
The greenskin in me is dying to try something- ANYTHING- Orky with that Skaven vehicle!

Eric

Return to “The Olde Worlde”