Getting caught up to the 8th ed. WHFB rules ???

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Getting caught up to the 8th ed. WHFB rules ???

Post by THEFAN »

I am trying to get caught up to the 8th edition rules of WHFB. I stopped playing pretty much at 5th. Didn't really play much of 5th either. O.K. so question 1. A pro/con discussion.

1. Compulsory Vs Charge. New rules say Charge first then move compulsory but wasn't it the other way around compulsotry moves go first then move charges??? If so when was the change made and why?? Like I said it's been a while since I played and this old dog is curious.
Last edited by s_o_r_r_o_w on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trade ad in post.
"I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." - D. Rockefeller creator of the National Education Association.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Getting caught up to the 8th ed. WHFB rules ???

Post by kturock »

Don't have my rules handy, but check to make sure it's not declare charges, then move compulsory, then move chargers, then move non-chargers.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Getting caught up to the 8th ed. WHFB rules ???

Post by kturock »

Ok now that I'm home and have my book,
it's special actions 1st; like O&G animosity,

then declare chargers, declare reaction to charge, then charge.

next is compulsory moves, that includes units that just started to flee from a losing HtH combat and broke.
They get to try to rally, if they fail, they run again. That can cause them to run through non-fleeing units, which can cause them to flee.
then other compulsory moves, like stupid & such.

then normal movement.

When did it change? I don't recall. I've been in and out of 40k & WHFB since RT era; and have played too many other games in between.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “The Olde Worlde”