Ork Bike smoke effects

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Bradgar ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Ork Bike smoke effects

Post by Bradgar »

Hello, I've been working on a project this past week that ended up successful, and wanted to share the method.

https://imgur.com/a/0NPKix3

I had some old trees that had been smushed and couldn't be fixed, so I tore the old 'bushes' off the top and spray painted them gray. (second picture)

I then smothered them in ModgePodge to give them some structure and then painted /the bottom/ black. After this step I glued the 'smoke' to the base. I then added 2 gray colors and a bit of white on the tips to blend the colors together. Final step was to coat the structure with a water downed modgepodge to help hold it in place and fix it to the base. For the bike popping a wheelie I had to use a small bit of paper-clip painted black and stuck it into the middle of the mass of 'bushes', this gave it the structure to stick out into the middle. I was also able to keep that front wheel able to turn.

Thanks for looking!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Ork Bike smoke effects

Post by MagickalMemories »

That's a good trick.
I've seen people use that to mount Stormboyz to their bases, with some wire structure hidden in the smoke. it really allowed for some characterful poses.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”