Building a table

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Building a table

Post by jason1977 »

So I will be building a new game table soon. I am thinking about putting some caster wheels on it so I can move it around the basement if I need to. I think however that it may be too high. Does anyone have an a GW table at home from a store that closed? Can you please measure the height of the side rails?

Thanks,

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
tarthrin ( 158 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Building a table

Post by tarthrin »

Hi, I don't have a table to measure, but there are Casters you can get that won't make your table too high.

This one only lifts the table when you want to wheel it around
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/wo ... ters/5207/
Woodtek-163-703-Bench-Casters-770x370.jpg
Or there are side mount casters that would also be low profile. This example doesn't swivel but it might work for you.
https://www.amazon.com/Profile-Conceale ... B0053YNOVK
21Dn044DjiL.jpg

I don't know what your table legs look like so I don't know if either of these would work, but I hope it's helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Building a table

Post by warlordgarou »

I just subtracted 3" (or whatever it was) from the height of the legs, when I was making my table. My next one will be counter height, so 36 high, plus or minus a little. That would mean 33" legs, 3" for the castors, and then I generally have about a 1" lip around the table.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”