Inaugural Bartertown Members Assembly Challenge

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

stokerd ( 360 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Inaugural Bartertown Members Assembly Challenge

Post by stokerd »

And after almost a month (this was started before the Storm Eagle was finished), I give you a completed, kitbashed Fellblade. With LED lighting! :D

If you click on the picture, it links you to a bunch more pictures, including in darkness to see the LEDs better.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Man, both the headlights and arches are great. Cool stuff!
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I bought a couple Reaper models. They had just the weapon or head and weapon to be attached.

Do they count as being built or isn't that enough pieces to assemble for the contest?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

kturock wrote:I bought a couple Reaper models. They had just the weapon or head and weapon to be attached.

Do they count as being built or isn't that enough pieces to assemble for the contest?

This was said a while ago:
jason1977 wrote:
hapotte wrote:Here's my latest assembled models from the MERCS kickstarter. I forgot to take a picture before painting the first 10 guys hope it's ok, not used yet of taking pictures of unpainted models.

40 models but 6 were 1 part so just glued to the base.
]
Its ok to post painted and yes you get points for the one part models. I think the only 1 part models anyone would not get points for would be OOP GW injured Marines as there was no base for them.

Points updated.
So yes your guys definitely count for points! Which reminds me Of all that I build be forgot to post here....
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Got out of the habit of taking pics of stuff before I started painting it. Oh well - it's not as though I don't have thousands of unbuilt minis sitting around anyway. Just got these guys assembled:

Aradus Sentinel & Aradus Soldier, each worth 5 pts.

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I cannot explain what happened guys. I just lost alot of interest in models/gaming recently. I have updated all scores but we need to come p with a bonus score for this:
stokerd wrote:And after almost a month (this was started before the Storm Eagle was finished), I give you a completed, kitbashed Fellblade. With LED lighting! :D

If you click on the picture, it links you to a bunch more pictures, including in darkness to see the LEDs better.
A normal tank of that size would get 10 points. Stokerd has done some heavy LED work on it. Thoughts??
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Give him 15 then
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Agreed. The wiring alone is a crapton of work. That's not to even mention all the other work that has to be done to ensure that the light doesn't bleed out through the glue joins.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

15 sounds good to me too. It's impressive as heck, too.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Perhaps the last of my builds for 2016.
I hate the idea of a pintle mounted assault cannon with a PA Marine using it. No where else does this exist and I have not seen one in any older printed GW stuff. So I did some REM stuff.
More warbosses cause why not.

6+5 is 11 points unless the DA thing is more.

15 bonus points given too Stokerd
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

An IronJawz Start Collecting box. 14 models.
11 infantry, 11 points
3 cavalry, 9 points.

20 points total.

and 12 Blood Bowl Orcs, 12 infantry, 12 points.

and 12 Blood Bowl Humans, 12 infantry , 12 points.

44 points total.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Best part about working 3rd shift….I can build all night on my night off.

Dev Marines. 1 OOP plasma and 1 kit bash MM.
2 pts
1 DW sarg and 1 PA Marine
3 pts
Deathwatch DA Marine on a 25mm base for 1 pt. Counts as a Librarian in my game play. Ok. I see you raising your hand over there. Yes I know the DW Marines came with 32mm bases. Relax from being a rule Nazi bub.
Same guy with a 32mm base.
Command Razorback/Rino with all weapon options. Only regret is there is only 1 plasma gun and not 2 for twin linked effect.
5 pts
Land Raiders
16 pts
OOP Las cannon Marine and 1 pt This guy has been a concept of mine for some time. See…hes a crack shot nut with the Las. Takes out so many targets with 1 shot its scary. I mean…he really really likes the las cannon weapon. He likes it so much:
He demanded the Tech Marines make him a LR Las Ultra so he can get more las cannon fun. This is the same LR as before and the same las cannon Marine. Lots of magnets and tin for this one.

28 ponts
Last edited by jason1977 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Points updated
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

Nice job! Kit bashed multimelta looks like it was a fair amount of work.

Question guys: I'm putting together Operation Icestorm and there's one guy whose arm connects at the shoulder and at the hand holding the rifle. I'm having a hell of a time. My big clumsy fingers can't get it in the right place without getting glued. I tried tweezers but those slipped off just as badly if not more than my fingers, though they didn't get in the way of the gluing. Problem is I don't know what to do anymore, those Infinity Miniatures are so small. Does anybody have any advice on how to get those fiddly little bits in place?
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
skuller ( 314 )
Bartertown's Bob Ross

Post by skuller »

HawtFist wrote:Nice job! Kit bashed multimelta looks like it was a fair amount of work.

Question guys: I'm putting together Operation Icestorm and there's one guy whose arm connects at the shoulder and at the hand holding the rifle. I'm having a hell of a time. My big clumsy fingers can't get it in the right place without getting glued. I tried tweezers but those slipped off just as badly if not more than my fingers, though they didn't get in the way of the gluing. Problem is I don't know what to do anymore, those Infinity Miniatures are so small. Does anybody have any advice on how to get those fiddly little bits in place?
have you tried using like small tweezers or ask someone else with smaller hands :D
No international trades (not including Canada)
BTR rules
lower rates ship first
---------
Hail Hydra!!!

Return to “Creative Endeavors”