This is what I want to emulate.

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

This is what I want to emulate.

Post by kturock »

and that's not gonna happen.
Here is a pic of Eldar Wraithguard and a Seer that bought painted on ebay. I have 10 of each pose of Wraiths. So I decided to continue with that Iyanden them on my army. Is that yellow over bone or yellow over white or....???
I'm going to attempt to airbrush the vehicles, Wriathlords and Wraithknight. I found 2 yellow primers, by Rust-oleum, but I'm affraid it's too thick. It's called Ultra Coverage for 2XX coverage. One is gloss sun yellow and the other is satin strawflower.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Re: This is what I want to emulate.

Post by kturock »

flyer and wraithlords.JPG
Can I load more than 1 per post WITHOUT loading to another site?

Here's the primer, strawflower on the wraithlords and sun yellow on the flyer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

I'm going to guess looking that the 2 models on the left that it's over a black base coat. Without knowing what paints they use I fear you'll have a really hard time matching. They is a way you can get them closer though. If you were to paint your models as close as you can get them, then put a light coat of a yellow glaze over all the yellow parts on both your painted stuff and the ebay stuff you should be able to bring the colours close in line with each other. It wont be exact but it will start bringing them closer to the same hue.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

For rich yellows, I highly recommend going for an ochre instead of a yellow for the base. I expect those minis had an ochre base with an orange wash, then some yellow highlights.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Ochre is what.. for those of us not artisticly inclined..
Could you give an example off the GW paint pallete?

hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

It's mostly the Tau color scheme, tau light ochre and the like
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

ochre is a light/yellowy brown. I'm talking about one on the yellower/lighter side rather than a browner one. Like the color padded envelopes are often in. With a little highlighting, it makes a very good yellow.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

ahh.. so like the manilla of a manilla envelope..ok.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Less tan, more yellow/brown (for the GW color).

Personally, I think "Zamesi Desert" would go over well, instead:

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Yep. I can't keep track of GW's colors now that they've changed them a lot. Used to use Bubonic Brown, Zamesi Desert looks like iit's probably the same color.
-Nietzsche

Return to “Creative Endeavors”