Question about warhammer 40k painting

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Question about warhammer 40k painting

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

Well i don't know if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. Are the minatures worth more accurately painted to the game colors? or are they worth more customized to the players tastes? Any advice on books to read for miniature painting to would be helpful.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Question about warhammer 40k painting

Post by kturock »

Both and neither.
Some people won't buy painted models, unless they're very good and very cheap.

Some people will only buy them if the models are painted 'standard' colors and cheap.

There have been some special models and armies that are custom colors.
There was an auction here or linked from here, where all the models are painted pink, to benefit breast cancer research.

Bottom line; you'll get more for unpainted models if you're tyring to just sell them off.
If you're doing custom painting, it depends on th customer.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Question about warhammer 40k painting

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Small groups of/single well-painted models will sell places like ebay for way better cash (which isn't to say great money) if in standard colors.

Armies in standard schemes will move more quickly though not necessarily sell for more money.

Custom is, yeah, custom.

There are exceptions (even in the third group) but the above is a pretty good rule of thumb.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”