Dwarf on Shields...

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader
Location: Garden City, Kansas or 3 miles from the middle of no where

Dwarf on Shields...

Post by Xoan »

Heya guys, I am looking to make this model... I know it is out there, and it looks very good as well as being well priced for a GW mini... but I want to make my own for the conversion sake of it.

I had tried this once before, with a pair of standard bears, but it looked trashy. Part of it looked good, but the rest was eghh.

The part I liked was the shield he was standing on, I used a button with a Celtic symbol on it that was 1 and 1/4 inch wide. The problem was the two bearers holding him up, their hands were wrong, and the pole for the standard went into the base of the shield weird. However, I have an idea...

Mantic Games makes a two types of Dwarfs, which share the same box basically. They are slightly larger, but their arms are the right size. They also have lots of poses for their arms that are without weapons because you glue the weapons into the hands in this game. They are basically clasping air... so I am considering making a shield out of greenstuff and plastic card so I can control the thickness and size better, and placing it into their hands. I am not worried as much about their feet being level as I plan to create the surface they are standing on, and can make it look like they are climbing over something like a body for example if I need too.

Has anyone else done this yet with their own models?

Thanks again
Clark
I will ship out of the US please let me know within the first post where you are if not in the US, it does affect how the trade goes some times. Thanks Also lower rank ships first, and I always want to both use and receive a tracking number so I can know when to expect things.

I have a website and a blog, and I am a painting service feel free to ask for a quote anytime.
http://miniaturesampd.com/
http://miniaturesampd.wordpress.com/

Return to “Creative Endeavors”