2012 BartertownMembers challenge

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: 2012 BartertownMembers challenge

Post by kturock »

searing heat? heh.. welcome to my world.. it's usually in the 90's with the same level of humidity.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

searing heat? heh.. welcome to my world.. it's usually in the 90's with the same level of humidity.
Lol, feeling the same thing as I am in Florida as well. I actually had to delay priming commissions for three days due to the storm we had come over us... it was nice and cool then... but now we are back to good 'ol hot and humid Florida... :roll: :roll:

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

jmsincla wrote:A few to add.

Stupidly I sealed this stuff in the searing heat..oh well.
Hit is with a coat of spray GLOSS, thena coat of matte (presuming that's what you use for the final look). That SHOULD fix it.
If you've got a basement or garage (preferably a basement), spraying there will be better.

Otherwise, wait until the middle of the night. LOL If temps by you are like they are by me, you're dealing with 100+ EVERY DAY.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jmsincla ( 470 )
Expert Trader

Post by jmsincla »

MagickalMemories wrote: Hit is with a coat of spray GLOSS, thena coat of matte (presuming that's what you use for the final look). That SHOULD fix it.
If you've got a basement or garage (preferably a basement), spraying there will be better.

Otherwise, wait until the middle of the night. LOL If temps by you are like they are by me, you're dealing with 100+ EVERY DAY.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot- I still don't know what I was thinking...I'll just have to start waiting until night and working in the garage. Luckily that triple digit stuff has largely stayed west of here. Still get the daily high 90's though.

Oh, and you Fla. people are crazy ;), I've got family on the Atlantic side and avoid visiting in the summer for a reason!
Please let me know if I forget to leave you feedback!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

jmsincla wrote:
MagickalMemories wrote: Hit is with a coat of spray GLOSS, thena coat of matte (presuming that's what you use for the final look). That SHOULD fix it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot- I still don't know what I was thinking...I'll just have to start waiting until night and working in the garage. Luckily that triple digit stuff has largely stayed west of here. Still get the daily high 90's though.

Oh, and you Fla. people are crazy ;), I've got family on the Atlantic side and avoid visiting in the summer for a reason!
What Fla. people? You mean me?
I'm not in FL. I'm in the St. Louis area. It's unseasonally hot and we have an unseasonal lack of humidity. Thank God about the humidity, though. Typical humidity here is in the mid 8-% to high 90% range this time of year. With these temperatures, it'd just be gross (Yes. It would feel like 144 degrees outside. LOL).

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jmsincla ( 470 )
Expert Trader

Post by jmsincla »

What Fla. people? You mean me?
CMS and KT.

I can't imagine how STL is right now- I spent a summer in Carbondale, IL and it. was. miserable.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I was in the SCA.. think about fighting in the heat & humidity IN ARMOR.. even leather armor.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

I've been slacking lately, mid way through 20 boyz, getting back into it now, any one have some suggestions for easy basing? I need to figure out a theme for my new nids bases, they will be tan and blue with some green so i need something that would look good with them.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Suggestions for easy basing? Do you mean other than painting the base, then painting it with thinned white glue, dipping it in base material and shaking the loose off?

Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

yea, looking for something more unique, I've never liked straight grass/sand..
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

rocks & lava?

jmsincla ( 470 )
Expert Trader

Post by jmsincla »

Maybe check this stuff out?- *PMd link*

Plenty of color choices. I've personally seen this stuff used on some Dark Eldar and it gives it a rugged, shiny, alien look. Worth a shot as it seems easy enough. It's either self adhesive or a bit of glue keeps it down.

A certain BitzJunkie might be a good person to ask as well.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You could coat it in white glue then, while that's wet, put superglue on it.
The 2 glues react and cause a weird shaped surface. It could be what you're looking for.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

2 pics of my Dystopian Wars Empire of the Blasing Sun. This is just the navy. The aerial part isn't finished; 5 planes, 10-12 small tokens, a big flying carrier and a big flying battleship. [picture the SHIELD Hellcarrier for each] . I also have 2 more naval units to finish; Giant robotic squid ships.

there are 9 small frigates, 6 cruisers [2 styles], 2 bombers [planes], 2 scout gyros [other flying models], 1 battleship.
A different space marine is included for size comparison.

Everything was primered either white or grey, then masked with tiny pieces of tape. Sprayed the other color, grey or white. Then outlined with FaberCastle markers. Then washed a very thing grey. Then the highlights of the smokestacks and guns. I experimented with both colors of primer and to see if there was a difference between white on grey or grey on white. Only way to tell is have 2 models side by side; and then it's only by which color is on top. The 2 bombers are that way.

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Would that be 27 points??

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine

Return to “Creative Endeavors”