Am I that old....

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: Am I that old....

Post by jul »

done...
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Nice weathering
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
JohnBlackhawk ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by JohnBlackhawk »

Yea i agree that mecha looks like a d*mn nice piece of work.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

My dear friend Jeff at Dragon-Forge released what would be the base for the knight:

it's round and 200mm... gonna be matching the rest of my armies....;)

thanks for the good comments as well, it was a joy to paint, i'm even tempted to get him a brother...;)

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

here's something different:

1000 pts CSM army list following Adepticon rules for team tournament. i can choose 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 1+ Troop, 2 Fast Attack and 1 Heavy Support.
and that's what i get so far:

HQ: Kharn the Betrayer (1#, 160 pts)
1 Kharn the Betrayer, 160 pts (Rage; Warlord; Hatred Incarnate)

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (8#, 218 pts)
7 Khorne Berzerkers, 218 pts (Icon of Wrath; Chainaxe x7; Furious Charge; Rage)
1 Berzerker Champion (Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Power Sword x1; Rage)

Fast Attack: Raptors (8#, 208 pts)
7 Raptors, 208 pts (Mark of Khorne; Flamer x2; Hatred (Space Marines); Rage; Veterans of the Long War)
1 Raptor Champion (Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Lightning Claw x1; Hatred (Space Marines); Rage; Veterans of the Long War)

Fast Attack: Chaos Bikers (4#, 115 pts)
3 Chaos Bikers, 115 pts (Meltagun x2)
1 Biker Champion (Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon)

Heavy Support: Chaos Spartan Assault Tank (IA) (1#, 295 pts)
1 Chaos Spartan Assault Tank (IA), 295 pts

Total Roster Cost: 996

Any ideas to maintain the strong assault feeling.
my previous version was a normal LR instead of the Spartan and 2 more bikes to the unit.

Cheers

J.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

I was pretty sure the spartan had a huge carrying capacity, can it split squads or anything? If not, I'd want to reorganize and stick more in there to assault out, since you already have the tank there to speed up and protect a group, and in 1,000 points it should be very tough to crack before they assault.

Also, I'd lean away from the chainaxes unless you know the meta and expect that AP4 to do a lot, feels like those points could be spent elsewhere. Same potentially goes for VOTLW on everything.

Raptors, I'd be wary of equipping them with the expectation that they'll see assault, or are you not planning to DS them? (I prefer them in small deep strike squads, so may be just doing something very different)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

spiralingcadaver wrote:I was pretty sure the spartan had a huge carrying capacity, can it split squads or anything? If not, I'd want to reorganize and stick more in there to assault out, since you already have the tank there to speed up and protect a group, and in 1,000 points it should be very tough to crack before they assault.
so it cannot split squad unless you play Apocalypse... the second bad point of the chaos version is that it doesn't have access to Armoured Ceramite (null melta and lance rules), but otherwise, it can shots tanks out of the world easily with 4 shots twin linked or 2 shots ordnance twin linked depending of the configuration.
the goal here is to deliver Kharn and the Berzerkers as fast as possible.
spiralingcadaver wrote:Also, I'd lean away from the chainaxes unless you know the meta and expect that AP4 to do a lot, feels like those points could be spent elsewhere. Same potentially goes for VOTLW on everything.
since i don't know the meta, i'm not sure about those as well, i guess i can arm just 4 berserkers with chain axes and the rest with normal CCW?
for VOTLW, i removed from the berserkers since Kharn. for the bikes, they're only 4 and CSM do not have access to ATSKNF so i play safe. but good consideration for the raptors.
spiralingcadaver wrote:Raptors, I'd be wary of equipping them with the expectation that they'll see assault, or are you not planning to DS them? (I prefer them in small deep strike squads, so may be just doing something very different)
Raptors... i see them as harassment unit for heavy support troops or blobs. i don't expect them to charge unless necessary, they can also fly smoothly in the back of the Spartan, since it's huge enough to block LOS

i'll try to get a couple of games to try out different things, but the army will be based around Kharn and berserkers...

Thanks

J.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

Jul....just cause I have nothing better to do tonight then troll feebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Marine-Ul ... 41849700da

these are some really old RT marines... :)

like 10 hours left to them (No it is not my auction).
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

got them already but thanks for the link...

J
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

back from vacations... not long enough but that's the way it is...
Always something with the job to screw up your time off.
Anyway, i did get a game to try out my CSM 1000 pts list and it was miserable, the bikes and raptors got wiped out first turn (i had Taudar in front and was playing with EC as allies, 4 players, 1000 pts each Adepticon Format). the berserkers did manage to hurt the eldars but the game was over as soon as they deployed 2 riptides and a wraith knight.

so i'm revising the list and might be going either SW or WS, we'll see

otherwise i finished the Knight and my son started a GK army... family painting in sight...

Cheers

J.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Sooooo....

long time no see, and the reason behind this is that i was busy preparing Adepticon.
for make a long story short, friends and i decided to attend Adepticon this year for the first time and participate in the Team Tournament. So we were busy working on our armies.

i brought there a small SW force which is a base for a 30k army at a latter point:
-1 Rune Priest
-4 Terminators
-1 Drop Pod
-10 Grey Hunters
-1 Rhino
-3 Thunder Wolves Calvary
-1 Sicarian

nothing that violent but just models i liked.

before i go into the Tournament in itself, it was my first convention since GD 2011 and my first big tournament since some obscure GT back in Montreal (circa 2004). i did a couple of leagues in between but nothing seriously competitive.

the meeting in itself is great, it's spacious enough so nobody has to smell each others armpits. vendors area was nice and the only big one missing was GW, FW was there too with a small selection of products (better was to pre-order anything because by thursday, most of the shiny new stuff was gone and most likely on ebay already...)
the guys from Ninja Division were really enjoyable and i had the chance to go out for a smoke with Andy Chambers himself...taking aout epic and DzC.

the team tournament is fun to play but still a tournament in itself with a lot of things that are nasty...(elder 5 wraith knights list, eldar lynx, eldar wave serpent spam...ect...)
Overall i met nice opponents (one was dropping dice but after asking twice, one nicely, another not so nicely, he stopped) we had good games but evidence was that we were not well prepared and ended up with 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses.
but the best of things was that we scored 50 on 50 for painting selecting us for best of show. unfortunately we didn't have a display so we rank 4th overall for presentation. the judges came to us on sunday telling us that it was a difficult decision and that we should make a display next time...

anyway, was a really great week end and i highly recommend it to anyone who can make it. we are not sure if we're going back next year but most likely in 2017 (unless we go for the World Expo which is also in Chicago that year).

Cheers

J

then pics:
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Cool stuff! Congrats, I really liked what I could see of your entry and the Deathguard (I assume?) one
-Nietzsche

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Thanks a lot!

i got to take more pics but here are some from the week before i left to Chicago:

the knight was mine too, since my team mate did not have the time to paint his. i'll get pics of it soon-ish..

i used specific parts from the SW sprues mixed with FW mk4 armor parts. The rune priest is Krom converted, the terminators got fur sculpted on them and the rest is pretty stock standard.

The DG was presented and played as Sons of Medusa but that's part of my friend DG Horus Heresy army.
it 's sad that i don't have better pics of the other SW army and GK because they were really nicely done, the GK army is really impressive of details and quality...

Now i'm switching to Ad Mech both for 30K and 40K and some JSA bikes for Infinity.

Cheers

J.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

back from the dead part 3...

i haven't done much in last year so far...
a few Alpha Legion models

some stuff for Infinity

but mostly the Perfect Grade Unicorn that has been laying around for a year... still need to finish the armor pack and 1000+ decals..

on the table:
more alpha legions
more gundam
and some scenery for the Infinity table

Cheers

J
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Man, alpha legion look really nice, but that gundam kit is just crazy. What sort of size is that?
-Nietzsche

Return to “Creative Endeavors”