Ancientsociety's Random Blog (10/29 Crate Stacks)

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Ancientsociety's Random Blog (8/6 15mm French Chateau)

Post by ancientsociety »

This is a repainted (and flocked) "Santa's Village" Christmas building converted for use as a country Chateau for Early and Late war.

More pics below: [Admin edit: Link removed, as it points towards a site that offers commissions]
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Ancientsociety's Random Blog (9/26 SU-100s)

Post by ancientsociety »

I took a little break from making terrain to finish up some minis. I'd always wanted to add some assault guns to the Soviet Tankovy Battalion I finished a couple years ago but have been unwilling to spend the cash to buy them. Recently, I came across a good deal and bought them....then promptly realized I had lost the paint color chart I used for the prior minis! Instead I decided to try my luck at whitewash winter camo for the first time.

More pics and info below:
[Admin edit: Link removed, as it points towards a site that offers commissions]

Trading Guidelines:
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Ancientsociety's Random Blog (6/5 Luftwaffe 88 Battery)

Post by ancientsociety »

Forgot I had this P&M thread up here for the past few months. Finally finished this up, it's been sitting on my workbench since last August! More pics and info below: [Admin edit: Link removed, as it points towards a site that offers commissions]

Trading Guidelines:
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Ancientsociety's Random Blog (6/5 Luftwaffe 88 Battery)

Post by ancientsociety »

I always loved the closing scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, where some nameless government worker pushes the boxed Ark of Covenant through a giant warehouse filled with crates. The countless "top secret" boxes filled with God-knows-what make for limitless possibilities. In an effort to replicate this in miniature, I tried my hand at making several crate stacks.

More pics and info below:
[Admin edit: Link removed, as it points towards a site that offers commissions.]

Trading Guidelines:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Ancientsociety's Random Blog (10/29 Crate Stacks)

Post by MagickalMemories »

Wooden blocks/pieces and strips of balsa (or similar) wood?
Simple and effective! Looks good.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”