2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

gpfredette ( 676 )
Bartertown Marshall
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Williams, AZ - USA
Contact:

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by gpfredette » Mon May 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Good day,

Finished a few more models:
IMG_0837.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg

If I've read the chart right it should be:
10 for the dread and 4 total for the guard

Have a nice day.
Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gerry Fredette
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Yeah that dread is bigger than large infantry and about the size of a rhino.

14 points added.

gpfredette wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:11 pm
Good day,

Finished a few more models:
IMG_0837.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg


If I've read the chart right it should be:
10 for the dread and 4 total for the guard

Have a nice day.
Thank you,
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

ImperialOfficer ( 0 )
New Trader
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:16 am

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by ImperialOfficer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Lots more completed. Unfinished Space Marine for scale.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Not sure how many points the bones Wyvern would be. I think the total points would be 28 (14x2) for the infantry plus whatever the Wyvern is.

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 pm

ImperialOfficer wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Lots more completed. Unfinished Space Marine for scale.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Not sure how many points the bones Wyvern would be. I think the total points would be 28 (14x2) for the infantry plus whatever the Wyvern is.
Questions before I can assign points.
1, does the wyvern have a base?
2, the 6 zombies, nurgle pox walkers, things in the last pic, bases aren't painted. No points for them until painted. .
3, the 3 things in the 2nd picture. What are they? Are they terrain?

Thanks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

ImperialOfficer ( 0 )
New Trader
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:16 am

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by ImperialOfficer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:54 pm

kturock wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 pm
ImperialOfficer wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Lots more completed. Unfinished Space Marine for scale.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Not sure how many points the bones Wyvern would be. I think the total points would be 28 (14x2) for the infantry plus whatever the Wyvern is.
Questions before I can assign points.
1, does the wyvern have a base?
2, the 6 zombies, nurgle pox walkers, things in the last pic, bases aren't painted. No points for them until painted. .
3, the 3 things in the 2nd picture. What are they? Are they terrain?

Thanks.
1. Yes, it does.

Image

2. I thought it was alright if I just painted the strips attaching them to the base black, which I did. I guess it doesn't matter now because I completely repainted them.

Image

3. 2 of them are creatures I 3d printed, the other one would probably be considered terrain. I didn't think of that, sorry.

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 pm

ImperialOfficer wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:54 pm
kturock wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 pm
ImperialOfficer wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Lots more completed. Unfinished Space Marine for scale.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Not sure how many points the bones Wyvern would be. I think the total points would be 28 (14x2) for the infantry plus whatever the Wyvern is.
Questions before I can assign points.
1, does the wyvern have a base?
2, the 6 zombies, nurgle pox walkers, things in the last pic, bases aren't painted. No points for them until painted. .
3, the 3 things in the 2nd picture. What are they? Are they terrain?

Thanks.
1. Yes, it does.

Image

2. I thought it was alright if I just painted the strips attaching them to the base black, which I did. I guess it doesn't matter now because I completely repainted them.

Image

3. 2 of them are creatures I 3d printed, the other one would probably be considered terrain. I didn't think of that, sorry.
Ok back to the top.
Pic 1, 2,2,2,5. 11 points.
Pic 2, 1,1 0. 2 points.
Pic 3, 2,2, 4 points.
Pic 5, 2,2,2,2,2,2, 12 points.

29 points total.
Thanks for the new pics and quick reply and welcome to the contest.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by 3eland » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Necron Overlord on 40mm base.

6 custom Objective markers on 40mm bases using bits from the ghost Ark kit (not sure if these count but added them any ways).

Started my Dynasty project, so lots more in tow!

R
IMG_20190721_111025.jpg
IMG_20190721_105726.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2019 W/L/T ratios:

40k
Tyranids - 11/8/1

AOS
KO - 1/6/0 ~ Idoneth 7/3/0 ~ Nurgle 1/2/2

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:28 pm

3eland wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm
Necron Overlord on 40mm base.

6 custom Objective markers on 40mm bases using bits from the ghost Ark kit (not sure if these count but added them any ways).

Started my Dynasty project, so lots more in tow!

R

IMG_20190721_111025.jpg
IMG_20190721_105726.jpg
OverLord 5 points.

Objective markers? hmmm... not quite terrain, but were never discussed.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

akum ( 198 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by akum » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Love the scheme, at the very least the objective markers have a fully painted model on them. should count as points

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:37 pm

akum wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 pm
Love the scheme, at the very least the objective markers have a fully painted model on them. should count as points
I agree. But we never discussed that. I'm just scorekeeper.
We ruled that terrain doesn't get points. It might add to a model but, nothing on it's own.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by 3eland » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 pm

All good. I wasn't sure and didn't think it would, but posted just in case.

Thanks for the kind words.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2019 W/L/T ratios:

40k
Tyranids - 11/8/1

AOS
KO - 1/6/0 ~ Idoneth 7/3/0 ~ Nurgle 1/2/2

User avatar
3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by 3eland » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:25 pm

5 Immortals on 32mm
4 Scarabs on 40mm
And a pic of everything so far :)

I am almost done 12 warriors as well, so they will be up soon :)

R
IMG_20190728_125402.jpg
IMG_20190728_125419.jpg
IMG_20190728_125605.jpg
IMG_20190728_131311.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2019 W/L/T ratios:

40k
Tyranids - 11/8/1

AOS
KO - 1/6/0 ~ Idoneth 7/3/0 ~ Nurgle 1/2/2

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 pm

5 Immortals on 32mm 5x3 = 15
4 Scarabs on 40mm 4x1 =1

19 points added.

3eland wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:25 pm
5 Immortals on 32mm
4 Scarabs on 40mm
And a pic of everything so far :)

I am almost done 12 warriors as well, so they will be up soon :)

R

IMG_20190728_125402.jpg
IMG_20190728_125419.jpg
IMG_20190728_125605.jpg
IMG_20190728_131311.jpg
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

User avatar
3eland ( 70 )
Token Canadian
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by 3eland » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 am

12 Warriors on 32mm
and of course a group shot showing everything off so far.

Need to build the Anni barge next and the SC will be done!

R
IMG_20190728_194424.jpg
IMG_20190728_194638.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

2019 W/L/T ratios:

40k
Tyranids - 11/8/1

AOS
KO - 1/6/0 ~ Idoneth 7/3/0 ~ Nurgle 1/2/2

User avatar
kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:55 am
Location: wpb., florida

Re: 2019 Bartertown Members Painting Challenge.

Post by kturock » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 am

12 @ 2 points each, 24 more.
3eland wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 am
12 Warriors on 32mm
and of course a group shot showing everything off so far.

Need to build the Anni barge next and the SC will be done!

R

IMG_20190728_194424.jpg
IMG_20190728_194638.jpg
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Post Reply

Return to “Creative Endeavors”