USPS is getting squirrely

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

USPS is getting squirrely

Post by Doctari »

My last 3 packages that have been picked up have taken 48ish hours to show up in the system as "shipped" anyone else having these issues?
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: USPS is getting squirrely

Post by kturock »

The building I work in, is the main sorting facility in my area. Our router went down, It took 12 plus hours for them to show up. In that time nothing was transmitted, no phone service, since it's voip.
If your area has storms, floods or anything interrupting power or communications, it could easily be there. The system only updates once every 24 hours. If you're giving them to a letter carrier, it could be the way he/she is putting the scanner back in the cradle/dock. If you're dropping them off at a station, make sure they get scanned when you hand them to the clerk. Those machines should transmit at closing time.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Doctari wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm
My last 3 packages that have been picked up have taken 48ish hours to show up in the system as "shipped" anyone else having these issues?
In addition to what kt says -as he's our resident expert, I'd ask this:
What does it mean that it takes 48 hours to show as shipped? What do you see before that? Where are you getting your stuff from?
If a seller has a USPS account, and is printing shipping, the tracking number goes in the system. It shows as a valid tracking number, but that's ALL. It won't show any further details until after the sender actually gets them to the USPS.

Is that a possibility for what you're dealing with?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I THINK he means the last 3 he shipped. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.
MagickalMemories wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 pm
Doctari wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm
In addition to what kt says -as he's our resident expert, I'd ask this:
What does it mean that it takes 48 hours to show as shipped? What do you see before that? Where are you getting your stuff from?
If a seller has a USPS account, and is printing shipping, the tracking number goes in the system. It shows as a valid tracking number, but that's ALL. It won't show any further details until after the sender actually gets them to the USPS.

Is that a possibility for what you're dealing with?

Eric
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

The last 3 packages I've shipped (all in the last week): I use stamps to print the postage and then the post man picks them up. I always ship same day (assuming its before 3pm) and in the past once it has been picked up the status on usps.com switches from "label created" to "shipped" and gives a estimated delivery date.

Recently however it has taken 2 to 3 days for it to switch over from "shipping label created" to the afore mentioned status. I was just curious if this was due to nurgle's rot or if something had changed. Thanks for the info KT. It's appreciated. I know the job is kinda thankless, you and your fellows efforts are not invisible.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

the carrier who picked up your packages is supposed to scan them accepted. if the date and time is correct, then it's an issue of the data being uploaded.
if the dates and times are wrong, then someone isn't doing their job.
that's where to start.
maybe the cradle is full and there is no place to dock it. maybe it's not being placed in the dock correctly.
just spitting out ideas.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

also if you're using a 3rd party site for the info, it's a matter of where it gets the info.
check usps.com .

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 pm
the carrier who picked up your packages is supposed to scan them accepted. if the date and time is correct, then it's an issue of the data being uploaded.
if the dates and times are wrong, then someone isn't doing their job.
that's where to start.
maybe the cradle is full and there is no place to dock it. maybe it's not being placed in the dock correctly.
just spitting out ideas.
The problem seems to sit clearly with the work habits of your mail carrier.
I can tell you, as someone who has a mail carrier for a brother, that this happens a lot.
It's shocking just how much laziness abounds in the US Postal system (no disrespect to kt, as he's CLEARLY not one of them).
The stories i've heard about laziness and ineptitude. Lord.

If you want to be sure they show up on time, the best thing you can do is take them into your post office, and watch the clerk scan them in.

Good luck.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”