My idea to support Bartertown by advertising

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

My idea to support Bartertown by advertising

Post by ssapper »

Hello all,

Some of you know me, some don't, but I am glad to see your are looking at my post regardless. I hope you have a great day, because if you are reading this then you truly care about Btown.

So here is my idea, I am one of the event coordinators for ClawCon in October of this year, and I ran it by the board and they are cool with my idea, so what I want to do is include a bag of bits, with a advert for Btown in each of the swag bags. I think it will help get the word out to some additional active gamers and hopefully increase a few members here. My problem is...I have a limited collection of bits. So I was looking for interest from the community if anyone here would be willing to sacrifice some of their bits, combine them with my bits, and we stuff bags full of bits inside the swag bags and get Btown some exposure all at the same time.

Thoughts?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: My idea to support Bartertown by advertising

Post by pretre »

I could get down with this.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

How many attendees are expected? I could probably donate some stuff
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

We will probably have 2-300 attendees over the two days, They have limited the Swag Bags to 50, to ensure a high quality, and it is also a fund raiser for the local animal shelter. But I imagine if we had enough support we could do a bits baggie for everyone! I think I have a few pounds of bits from various game systems I can happily add to the fray.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm going to look into the costs of POSSIBLY getting small business cards made up that could be included.
Otherwise, we'll throw together a quick "print out" to throw in if this gets any steam.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I have almost quit orks completely so I have a large pile of dakka type bits from other toy systems. Think GIJoe type stuff. Would this be welcome?
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
popsghostly ( 46 )
BTown Regular

Post by popsghostly »

I'm new here but would be happy to donate a ziplock or two of bits. You just need to remind me and I'll ship them (Wheaton, Illinois isn't far from Missouri).
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

I am going to look up a cheap online retailer for a bulk order of plastic bags and go hit up my local players and shops and see what other support we can muster
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

So yup, re energizing this. I collected about a large flat rate box full of bits from my gaming group, it is almost full, and two more people stated they will get me stuff shortly, so that said, I will order some little bags, and if MagicalMemories is willing to do up some form of an acceptable BT advert we can slip that in the bag of bits and insert it into the swag bags. The board is all for it. The love supporting the hobby.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”