Trading minis seems to be on a down trend

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Trading minis seems to be on a down trend

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:Hmm. Maybe it's perception, then. I know that, in the early days, asking for cash was rare (this was pre-phpbb, when it was a scrolling forum). I can remember coming here to SELL stuff, and some people were surprised that all I wanted was cash (Hey. I had bills to pay! LOL).

Eric
That's waaaaay back. I think I had a couple cash transactions back then though.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Jim Denberger ( 44 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Jim Denberger »

I've always preferred trading over simple selling/buying unless I just want something gone for cheap. Two reasons, usually I want to trade one period figures for another, or books or games for whatever miniatures people may have I can use. The big thing, is it makes both parties happy and postage is no longer an issue. For me it's easy, be cause I'm usually in no big rush to gather resources for an army and will accumulate slowly over time for big goals.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

pretre wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:18 pm
That's waaaaay back. I think I had a couple cash transactions back then though.
Oh, definitely.
Back in the OLD days of the scrolling boards, it was almost unheard of. Even to OFFER cash was rare back then. When you did offer cash, though, you got a TON of replies, though. LOL

Even in the early days of the first phpbb iteration of the site, it was uncommon. I know that I was one of the first few to regularly look for cash as an option for my stuff and it was REALLY rare that someone actually made a cash offer.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

I've always preferred cash because packing and sending miniatures are a pain with work/12 hour shifts with 3 hours on the road round trip and so forth. Just writing out the check or getting a MO or CC is easier. I let a LOT of RT era stuff go here when i was in a rough spot.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”